Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 08:58 pm
@Chights47,
I said I was going to...And replied to your 2 others videos...The shortly after you had told me you did not wish to discuss religious topics anymore...So I did not bother....If you would like, when I am free tomorrow I will watch the video...and give my perspectives about it??
Chights47

Reply Wed 15 Feb, 2012 09:26 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
I said I was going to...And replied to your 2 others videos...The shortly after you had told me you did not wish to discuss religious topics anymore...So I did not bother....If you would like, when I am free tomorrow I will watch the video...and give my perspectives about it??
I think I should start being much more specific in such cases, what you're referring to I believe, is this post: http://able2know.org/topic/176688-94#post-4863702

In that post I stated as a sort of "final request" was that you watch that video, and what I meant when I said that I would probably refrain from further discussion was that I no longer (at the time) wished to discuss your "evidences" that support your belief in a deity. Both Reasoning and myself have given significant approval towards this video and I believe that it is one of the best "quick" explainations of the psychological processes going on in your head to come up with these experiences of the supernatural.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 02:21 pm
@Chights47,
ok...I will give you my reply soon...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 02:40 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
What will you say to me, if my situation is different?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 03:05 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

I would say that you are perfectly normal and that you would be giving a typical response.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 03:11 pm
@reasoning logic,
What is the point of watching it, then?
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 03:17 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I see it as a learning tool for me.
I would think that if we had the world believing in the spaghetti monster the typical response would be the same.
It is hard to let go of absolutist thinking when it comes to our Gods because that is our superego we are dealing with.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 03:26 pm
@reasoning logic,
How is that typical?

Just because people believe in God's Does not = superego's...

That is your own spin on it....

I could say that trying to use science to disprove God's...Is rejection of surroundings, and reality, around you? Could I not?

And there is more of an ego, In believing in yourself, than believing in a God, and that of giving Glory to one Higher than you? The latter shows Humility, Not ego's...
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 03:32 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
And if a Spaghetti Monster was real...And suffered a crucifixion death...and then people bore his wounds on them and bleed pasta sauce out of their body...It would be the same...Or if Statues of this monster were in churches or monasteries, and weeped sauce out of the eyes...It would be on the same plane...and people would put their faith in a Spaghetti Monster...Trying to compare the 2, and make a God look ridiculous doesn't work...

People try to imagine a Spaghetti Monster as real, and how ridiculous it would be...and it is not the same...

All that does it get you into a comfort zone...
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 03:45 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
How is that typical?

I could be wrong but I would think that the most typical response from a religious person would be that they have a special relationship with God and they are certain it is real.

Quote:

It is my understanding and I could be wrong.
Could you be wrong about you actually having a relationship with a God?

Quote:
I could say that trying to use science to disprove God's...Is rejection of surroundings, and reality, around you? Could I not?

You could say that. You could say anything that you would like but just because you say it does not make it true in all cases.

Quote:
And there is more of an ego, In believing in yourself, than believing in a God, and that of giving Glory to one Higher than you? The latter shows Humility, Not ego's...

Maybe you are somewhat correct, I do not know for certain. The reason I say that God is you is because if you look all around the world I think that you may find that God's ways are the same ways of those who are worshiping him.
If you think homosexuality is wrong you can bet your God will say it is wrong as well. If you think it is OK you can bet that your God will think the same.
If you think women's heads should be covered, guess what God will think?

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 05:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
I could be wrong but I would think that the most typical response from a religious person would be that they have a special relationship with God and they are certain it is real.

Isn't it typical for atheists to say that religious are delusional, and nonsensical?? So what then is known for certain??

Quote:
It is my understanding and I could be wrong.
Could you be wrong about you actually having a relationship with a God?

No...I know what I have seen and experienced...And it is not delusional, nor fabricated, nor my own reality, For going to Hell, and being purged destroys that notion...

Quote:
You could say that. You could say anything that you would like but just because you say it does not make it true in all cases.

But just because something's are unknown does not destroy their existence either...

Quote:
Maybe you are somewhat correct, I do not know for certain. The reason I say that God is you is because if you look all around the world I think that you may find that God's ways are the same ways of those who are worshiping him.

They're not...I do not need to look around...For the most part, the only thing embraced by all Christian alike, is that Jesus is the Savior, Which is the most important part...And the part that validates Jesus is God, by billions...When I search inward for God, He reveals himself in ways I never even dreamed he would...And shows me things I never expected, and provides tests I am not smart enough to fathom...That destroys it is God that is me...Doing and acting these things....

Quote:
If you think homosexuality is wrong you can bet your God will say it is wrong as well. If you think it is OK you can bet that your God will think the same.

That is not the case for me...I form opinions about certain things I see, and sometimes I am right about them...and sometimes I am wrong about them....

reasoning logic

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 05:43 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

That is not the case for me...I form opinions about certain things I see, and sometimes I am right about them...and sometimes I am wrong about them....

How do you know that you are correct or incorrect at times? Does God talk to you and tell you?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 05:45 pm
@reasoning logic,
Yes, he does...All the time, all day long...In visions and dreams...My mind never stops...All day long I am communicating with the Spirit World....
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 06:14 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
The only thing that I can tell you is to be happy because not everyone can experience what you are able to experience.
It seems that some of us are spiritually blind. I do truly like you just the way you are so please do not ever think otherwise.
You seem to try very hard to have an outstandingly kind character and not many people hear me say that about them.
voiceindarkness

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 07:19 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Quote:
So now.... Are non-believers extremely logical, OCD logical.

And, are "maybe" believers logical to a degree and can express some of the first paragraph.

And then there are us:)

Yes, So true indeed...You do not have to call people out on it if you do not want to...I have a few times I can remember...But just pay attention to certain people who claim to be basically OCD Logical,

And you claim to be what, exactly? Neutral
Based on what? Wink

And pay attention to how poor their listening skills are...

And having ears, they hear not, Neutral

This is truly "evidence" of how they have tuned everything else out...

Tuned me out, Cool
and everyone else in... Neutral

And they are truly not perceptive, receptive, or in tune with their surroundings or environment...

In TUNE! Neutral with DARKNESS? Confused

Or they truly are extremely uncomfortable with it...

Uncomfortable with? Neutral asleep within. Cool

0 Replies

Chights47

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 07:46 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
I'm not quite certain what you mean by this. I'm not certain what you are referring to when you talk about your "situation" and I'm not certain as to what effect a difference in that would cause.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
What is the point of watching it, then
What's the point in arguing against watching it? It's not offensive or anything, it's informational... information has always been the Achilles heel of religion though.....

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
How is that typical?

Just because people believe in God's Does not = superego's...

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
I'm not certain but I believe that he's referring to the psychoanalytical superego and not like a super sized sense of self-importance.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
And if a Spaghetti Monster was real...And suffered a crucifixion death...and then people bore his wounds on them and bleed pasta sauce out of their body...It would be the same...Or if Statues of this monster were in churches or monasteries, and weeped sauce out of the eyes...It would be on the same plane...
Stigmata are unproven (and have pretty good secular explainations) and weeping statues are all but completely disproven. You continue to use these examples as if they are valid when they aren't, they are at best useless and at worst evidence that people are clearly making crap up to promote their belief. You may as well be saying that lightning is proof of the Greek god of gods Zeus...
Chights47

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 07:46 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Isn't it typical for atheists to say that religious are delusional, and nonsensical?? So what then is known for certain??
This would depend on what sense you are applying to what we know. In an epistomological sense, nothing can be claimed as true except the existence of our own minds and that's it. If you accept the bare minimum outside of that (which is that would empirical senses give us accurate information a majority of the time) then a majority of what we sense and what conclusions we arrive to based on those experiences can be claimed as true. Now the way that I see it, anything above that (the supernatural or divine) is all based on nothing except wild speculation, lies, and/or highly inaccurate or unproven conclusions.

Quote:
No...I know what I have seen and experienced...And it is not delusional, nor fabricated, nor my own reality, For going to Hell, and being purged destroys that notion...
I'm always saddened when people say such things, it's complete ignorance to completely remove all doubt that you may be wrong about something. Worst of all I find it to be very egotistical and conditions people towards being conceited and pretentious. I also see a flaw in this statement, your notions that your possible delusions are simply delusions are destroyed by possible delusions.

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
They're not...I do not need to look around...For the most part, the only thing embraced by all Christian alike, is that Jesus is the Savior, Which is the most important part...And the part that validates Jesus is God, by billions...When I search inward for God, He reveals himself in ways I never even dreamed he would...And shows me things I never expected, and provides tests I am not smart enough to fathom...That destroys it is God that is me...Doing and acting these things....
You could just have an inferiority complex which leads you to underestimating yourself and when added to your belief in a deity leads you to transferring your actual value to your idea of a deity?

XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:
Could you elaborate on a specific time in which this has occurred (you can list multiple times if you want). Please include what your original opinion(s) was(were), what specifically made you alter your original opinions and why, and what your new opinions became. This is of course just a request, while reviewing this part i felt that it might come across as a little demanding with all of the specific guidelines that I requested.
voiceindarkness

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 07:57 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

Quote:
REALITY as we know it , came to be through LOGIC and REASON, influenced by the DARKNESS of MISINFORMATION.
The MIND of man is CORRUPT, by the DESIRE of LUCIFER, that has made manifest the MIND of SATAN, the INFLUENCE of DARKNESS.
The CARNAL MIND will visualize a FALSE LITE (lie), of the DARKNESS, while the PURE in HEART will SEE GOD, and BECOME LIKE HIM.

If you are to believe in God and the Devil,

God is the reality of it all, Smile Satan is the figment of his own imagination, Very Happy within the imagination of the mind. Cool

you could claim that a man's mind is corrupt by the Devil.

CREATED by, Neutral the ILLUSIONIST Confused of the MIND. Shocked

But then, he knows reality, logic and reason

He is reality Confused , logic, Neutral and reason, Wink in DARKNESS. Cool
GOD is LIGHT, Smile in HIM is NO DARKNESS. Very Happy
We are COMPLETE in HIM. Cool

and chooses to ignore it preferring to be gready or wanting power. That is logic too.

Huh? Confused

I see no person full of "evil" believing in God, so that too is just logic.

Logic? Confused evil people believe in their Gods. Neutral

Someone with a pure heart does not attempt to wind people up, why would they? All they are doing is being evil Smile

People are already wound up, Neutral tighter than an 8 day CLOCK... Laughing
I want to show, Smile how to chill, Neutral how to BE... Cool

So who really are you ? Smile

I've been saying, Cool
And you are? Wink
reasoning logic

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 08:00 pm
I have been studying some crazy behaviors lately and I came across this video, It is somewhat humors to me but not to some people. Check out at 2.45 seconds into the video a painting of Jesus crying?

0 Replies

voiceindarkness

Reply Fri 17 Feb, 2012 09:13 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
XXSpadeMasterXX wrote:

Quote:
while the PURE in HEART will SEE GOD, and BECOME LIKE HIM.

Does that mean then by your own definition your "like him" or actually him??

By my definition, I am the VOICE in DARKNESS, Cool abiding in my imagination, Neutral as you do yours. Confused

Does this apply to everyone? If it does, then it applies to Found, as well as myself, and you too...If we are like him, then we are not him, and there is clear distinction between God and ourselves...

God is awakening in us, Smile awakening us, Very Happy who are of LIGHT. Cool
While the DARKNESS sleeps. Neutral

If what you typed above is true, then your not God, or Jesus, or the Holy Spirit, For they are one...you would not be like him, you would have said I am him, or they will become one with I...

We are ONE who WAS, Smile IS, Very Happy and IS TO COME, Cool

But you did not say that...Which tells me you know and understand the difference between being like God, and actually thinking your him...in the Flesh....

The CHILDREN of LIGHT are the many FACES of GOD. Cool
The CHILDREN of DARKNESS, the IMAGES of DARKNESS. Neutral

So either your getting people wound up like found said...Or Your not as pure as you think you are...And are saying that for greed and power, which the Kingdom, Glory, Honor, Power is not and never has been yours...to begin, and end with...

GLORY, HONOR, and POWER, is the KINGDOM of LIGHT... Cool