West Memphis 3 Are Going To Be Freed!

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 01:23 pm
@firefly,
He doesn't even have the town right. It was not Memphis. It is West Memphis. That doesn't mean the west side of Memphis. He is trying to agitate me on another thread. Get this, I gave him a wikipedia reference (his preferred source, remember) that backed up what I said BUT in this instance he ain't buying it.

I am not so sure he is a grown man. I seriously am beginning to think it is some kid. No way a grown man coud be like that.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 01:24 pm
Okay I think he just stomped his foot, put his hands on his hips, and stuck his tongue out at you and said SO THERE! Yep, a child.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 01:28 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Sorry dear heart it does not matter where in the US it occur as you do not get any compensation by suing a state period and end of the subject.

Right, "dear heart". Laughing The D.A. in this case doesn't know what he is talking about, but you do.Laughing

Priceless! One couldn't make this stuff up! It's world class arrogance and stupidity!
firefly

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 01:35 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
He doesn't even have the town right. It was not Memphis. It is West Memphis. That doesn't mean the west side of Memphis.

And he knows nothing about that general area, or what it was like there 18 years ago.
He said...
Quote:
OH murder of children is somehow different depending on the state it happen in?

So, apparently he doesn't realize you can get very different kinds of juries from one place to another, and that juries in some regions can be much more biased, or easily swayed, than juries in other areas.

I have always felt that the exact location of this trial, and the social backgrounds of the defendants, played a big part in those verdicts.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 01:36 pm
@firefly,
I am assuming the DA was not quoted correctly and as far as being right the matter is not even open to debate as even beginning laws books cover the matter in fair detail.
firefly

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 01:37 pm
@BillRM,
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 01:50 pm
@firefly,
No one is ever compensated by suing the state: Um, o......................k, I guess the internet he LOVES so much lies! Let's start with this case:

http://mediaworks.journalism.cuny.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1021&context=ua

Here is a whole BIG PAGE of the state being sued and people winning compensation:

http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/jail39.html

He seriously needs to just stop. This is pathetic. Lie on top of lie on top of insult on top of insult just because he thinks he has to prove himself what? An intellectual genius? Give me a break! It has to be a kid firefly, no way an adult man is like this.
BillRM

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 01:53 pm
@firefly,
OH if the head of NASA was quoted that the moon was made of green cheese would you give me a hard time about disagreeing with that quote Firefly?
izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 01:54 pm
@Arella Mae,
Your own personal disputes aside, what pisses me off, is his inability to write a sentence without shitting all over the English language. It's like reading someone who learned English from a duck.
firefly

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 02:02 pm
@BillRM,
Laughing
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 02:10 pm
@Arella Mae,
Lord AM the first link to your first example and in the first few sentences stated that he sue the state under a special law passed for moral reasons.

So I am lying about the hard fact that you can only sue a state with it permission and under it terms?What the hell do you think a special law is but permission to sue the state under special conditions and rules?

Any state is free to allow such lawsuits or not allow them and in all the cases I know about they set hard limits on any possible judgment.

Some states pass individual bills to compensate the wrongly convicted one person at a time, some have special programs to do the same and a few allow themselves to be sue under special rules.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 02:32 pm
Quote:

Sorry dear heart it does not matter where in the US it occur as you do not get any compensation by suing a state period and end of the subject.

THAT IS A FLAT OUT LIE! I am completely speechless. I guess it's about time! I AM SO DONE. STICK A FORK IN ME.
BillRM

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 02:40 pm
@Arella Mae,
Interesting as the Federal government seem to had poke a very small hole in states sovereign immunity by the power of being the overriding sovereign under the civil right laws.

However from below it is a very very small hole that the three gentlemen we are talking about could not fit through.

Only cases where the state government agents acted in very bad faith in prosecuting the wrong person would this come into play.

http://criminal.lawyers.com/Criminal-Law-Basics/Military-Wife-Sues-State-for-Wrongful-Prison-Term.html

Compensation Laws
A federal law gives people who were wrongfully convicted of a federal crime the right to receive money. Under this law, you're entitled to $50,000 for each year you spent in prison. If you were sentenced to death, you're entitled to $100,000 for each year you spent on death row.

When it comes to state wrongful conviction compensation (if you were convicted in state court and spent time in a state prison), individual states have many different types of laws. For example, some states:

•Follow the federal model and give a pre-set dollar amount for each year you spent in prison
•Base the dollar amounts on ranges of years. For instance, such a law may allow for a payment of $80,000 if you were imprisoned for 5 years or less; $160,000 if you were imprisoned for 5 to 14 years, and; $195,000 if you were imprisoned for more than 14 years
•Multiply the number of years you pent in jail by the average annual wage or salary in the state
You should check the laws in your state to see how the compensation, if any, is calculated.

No Statute?
Not all states have laws that allow for wrongful conviction compensation. That doesn't mean, however, that you can't get some money. When the state doesn't have a compensation statute, you may want to:

•Ask for help from the lawmakers in your state, such as state representatives, state senators and even the governor. Through what's called a private bill or private compensation bill. This is a special law that, if passed, that entitles you to some compensation. The lawmakers will decide how much you'll get paid
•File a lawsuit against the state and the prosecutor for money damages. You'll have to prove that your civil rights were violated by the wrongful conviction and prison sentence. These types of lawsuits aren't easy to win, however. That's because the prosecutor and the state have sovereign, or governmental immunity, from such lawsuit •That means you normally can't sue them for actions they do while performing their jobs. To win the case, you'll have to prove that there was no just cause for your arrest, or that you were cruelly or maliciously prosecuted - the prosecutor had some "axe to grind" against you or took you to trial even though he knew you were innocent
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 02:46 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
THAT IS A FLAT OUT LIE! I am completely speechless.

There are times when I wish I was a believer so Jesus could grant me strength in dealing with fools. Not only fools but dishonest fools at that.

I had posted times after times qualifiers and one time I let out the qualifier that the state could grant the right to sue I get this silliness.
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 02:53 pm
@BillRM,
Plenty of states have awarded compensation due to being sued. You cannot change that fact no matter how many times you try to lie, insult, or whatever trick you want to pull.

YOU MADE THE STATEMENT NO ONE GETS COMPENSATION FROM SUING STATES! READ YOUR OWN POST!

Now, let me tell you this. I have never come so close to hating anyone as I have come to hating you. You have no regard for anything other than your own ego. You lie, insult, berate, use the most inappropriate statements a child would have enough decency to not do.

What I hate most about you is you DO IT ALL ON PURPOSE! SICK! SICK! SICK!

EVERYONE on this forum can see how you lie. You ARE ONE SICK PUPPY! I am an idiot for trying to be civil with you. There are some mutts you just can't be nice to because they are rabid.
BillRM

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 02:54 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Your own personal disputes aside, what pisses me off, is his inability to write a sentence without shitting all over the English language. It's like reading someone who learned English from a duck.

You know here I am trying to get a legal concept that had been around for a thousand year over to fools and dishonest fools at that an you have to butt in with the above comment.

If I
BillRM

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 02:57 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

You know here I am trying to get a legal concept that had been around for a thousand years over to fools and dishonest fools at that and you have to butt in with the above comment.

If I was a believer like AM I would be sending you to the hottest part of hell for at least a billion years.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 03:02 pm
@BillRM,
I'm sorry Bill, but this is the language of Shakespeare, and you wouldn't think it to read your posts. It's not just the odd typo, it's every single post. Show a bit of bloody respect, at least try to write in sentences. There is a 13 year old girl on A2K and her posts are significantly more coherent than yours. That can't be right.
BillRM

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 03:12 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
YOU MADE THE STATEMENT NO ONE GETS COMPENSATION FROM SUING STATES! READ YOUR OWN POST!

And a few posts before I had gone over all the qualifiers in great detail to that flat statement.

So if I was lying I must be as bad at it as the maid in the DSK case as you would only needed to raised you eyes to see some of the other postings of mine where I explain in details little little tiny details the conditions and qualifiers.

AM I do not think that Jesus is going to be happy with you for finding such grounds to call someone a liar.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 22 Aug, 2011 03:18 pm
@izzythepush,
I don't believe that that's fair to Bill, Izzy.

Actually, Shakespeare didn't know "grammar" either. Smile