West Memphis 3 Are Going To Be Freed!

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 06:55 pm
@firefly,
From all I have read about her, she is an amazing woman. She would have to be. Married for ten years (I believe that is right) and never being alone with him but has been his biggest supporter. I hope they have a wonderful life together.
JTT

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 06:56 pm
@Arella Mae,
They should move to a foreign country, write their book and reap the rewards.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:06 pm
@JTT,
I'm not sure writing another book or making a movie would be something I'd think was appropriate, but that doesn't matter. I was only asking Tico if my assumption about the Alford plea was correct.

I really have no idea if they would even want to write a book or have a movie done. They are free and that's what they wanted. They did say in the interview today they were going to continue to work on trying to find out who the real murderer/murderers are.
BillRM

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:20 pm
@Ticomaya,

What does DNA have to do with the fiber evidence matching such things as one of the men mother robe or so it was claimed at trial?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:23 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Just to be able to sleep in a real bed, and do the simple every day things we take for granted and that they haven't been able to do for half their lives.

Damien has never been alone with his wife.

I can only hope to hell you guys are correct and they are innocents otherwise this outcome is one of the greatest injustices in the history of the country legal system.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:26 pm
@BillRM,
Bill, that is what we are trying to tell you. Here is a link explaining all the fiber evidence:

http://www.jivepuppi.com/Fibers.html

It's pretty comprehensive so I think it might answer a lot of your questions.

Have you read anything yet about the bathroom at the truck stop? Someone that worked at the truck stop reported to the police they had seen a suspicious person go in there the night of the murders. When that worker went in there, there was a lot of blood. It was completely mishandled by the police. They did nothing!

JTT

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:28 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
this outcome is one of the greatest injustices in the history of the country legal system.

Surely you jest, Bill. Nixon being pardoned, no one being held accountable for the My Lai and the many other massacres. Hell, you might as well go back to the beginning, no one being held responsible for the numerous genocidal acts against Native Americans - many times troops were given medals for shooting down innocent men, women and children.

Greatest injustices, hah, you really are good at being facetious, Bill.
BillRM

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:32 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
From all I have read about her, she is an amazing woman. She would have to be. Married for ten years (I believe that is right) and never being alone with him but has been his biggest supporter. I hope they have a wonderful life together.

LOL have you read anything abut the mental/emotional profiles of women who married men in prison who are unlikely to ever be free?

http://marriage.about.com/od/questionsanswers/a/prisonmarriage_2.htm

Reasons Why a Woman Would Marry a Prisoner She Doesn't Really Know
Answer
By Sheri & Bob Stritof, About.com Guides
Answer
Although there are many reasons why women marry prisoners they really don't know, the statistics of such a marriage lasting long term once they are together on the outside are slim. These unions rarely succeed. There is usually a lot of conflict, including verbal and physical violence.
Generally women who marry prisoners that they met through the mail or on their job while the guy was already in jail tend to be shy, have low self-esteem, consider themselves to be outsiders, have been victims of abuse, and they hunger for an emotional relationship.

BillRM

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:33 pm
@JTT,
JTT you need mental health counseling in the worst way.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:34 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:

LOL have you read anything abut the mental/emotional profiles of women who married men in prison who are unlikely to ever be free?

http://marriage.about.com/od/questionsanswers/a/prisonmarriage_2.htm

Reasons Why a Woman Would Marry a Prisoner She Doesn't Really Know
Answer
By Sheri & Bob Stritof, About.com Guides
Answer
Although there are many reasons why women marry prisoners they really don't know, the statistics of such a marriage lasting long term once they are together on the outside are slim. These unions rarely succeed. There is usually a lot of conflict, including verbal and physical violence.
Generally women who marry prisoners that they met through the mail or on their job while the guy was already in jail tend to be shy, have low self-esteem, consider themselves to be outsiders, have been victims of abuse, and they hunger for an emotional relationship.

You have no idea what you are talking about Bill! Have you read a single thing about them? I know you haven't.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:36 pm
@Arella Mae,
Truck stop? no as I am just getting started on this case however at least I will agree with you that this case was a mess from it very beginning.
firefly

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:36 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

I can only hope to hell you guys are correct and they are innocents otherwise this outcome is one of the greatest injustices in the history of the country legal system.

Even if they were not innocent, this outcome is justified by what has gone on with the case from the very start because they have been the victims of injustice at the hands of the legal system.

Your problem is your ignorance of this case. Go do more reading, and watch the documentary, "Paradise Lost - The Robin Hood Hills Murders" just for starters.

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:44 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Truck stop? no as I am just getting started on this case however at least I will agree with you that this case was a mess from it very beginning.

The murdered boys were found in the woods behind the truck stop. My husband and I both have a theory it was or could have been a truck driver that committed the murders, washed up, and drove on down the road.

There are two books out about it that are pretty comprehensive. The documentary will give you a real good foundation of the case and yes, it was a mess from the word go.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:46 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:

And have you bothered to read anything about the woman who married Damien Echols? She definitely does not fit the profile you're suggesting. They seem to have an extremely strong relationship.

Have you even bothered to read the previous thread on this topic that Arella Mae started a few years ago? I posted the link for you. Some of the questions you are asking--like about fiber evidence, etc.--would be answered for you if you read that thread.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:48 pm
@firefly,
My problem is that two juries convicted these men and there are three dead children and even those the case was a mess as long as I have serous questions if they are innocent I can not be happy over their released.

It is interesting however Firefly that you feel that is does not matter if they did kill these three children or not due to the case being a mess they should go free guilty or not guilty.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:51 pm
@BillRM,
No one is asking you to be happy about it. All we are asking you is to please do some research on it before you make comments about what you don't know. There are still people that believe they are guilty. I suppose there always will be. Familiarize yourself with the case. At the very least, it is an extremely interesting case.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:52 pm
All of the videos about this case have been pulled from youtube for copyright infringement. I suppose the owners of the footage are putting together an update as we speak.

I don't know if the kids were guilty but it does seem as if they had a bad trial. If they were railroaded that allowed the real killer to walk free for the last 20 years. I hope they reopen the case and try to find out the truth.
Arella Mae

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:55 pm
@boomerang,
Yeah I saw that. There was a short one on there today saying there was going to be a part 3. I imagine it will now have a new ending.

The DA said in his statement today the case was closed and he believes the WM3 did it and their time served was full payment. The WM3 said in the interview they are going to continue investigating and efforts in order to find the real killer/killers.
BillRM

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 07:59 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
The WM3 said in the interview they are going to continue investigating and efforts in order to find the real killer/killers.

It would be helpful if they are not blowing smoke for all three of them to take lie detectors tests.

That would place pressure on the state to reopen the investigation that otherwise is not there assuming they pass the tests.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 08:01 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
It is interesting however Firefly that you feel that is does not matter if they did kill these three children or not due to the case being a mess they should go free guilty or not guilty.

Because I don't think that the state ever proved that these three murdered the children. I don't agree with the jury verdicts. Juries sometimes let the guilty walk (O.J.) and sometimes they may convict the innocent. Even if these three did it, the state never proved that beyond a reasonable doubt by actually tying them to the crimes--there have been serious doubts about this case for the past 18 years--and that's one reason they are now free.

Don't you question the fact that only two juries convicted three men? Don't you think that. maybe, there should have been a third jury?
Quote:
That would place pressure on the state to reopen the investigation that otherwise is not there assuming they pass the tests.

They've continued to investigate this case for the past 18 years--the defense for the WM3 has been investigating it.

The murders of the children will never be solved to everyone's satisfaction.