Saturday morning chores

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 12:42 pm
@jcboy,
I got up early too, drove the kid to her German classes, went to the gym,
and I am about to pick up the kid again. Then we'll check for a Christmas tree
and this will be our Saturday chore - decorating!! Wanna come over, jcboy, decorate our tree? Yours looks so professional
jcboy

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 12:48 pm
@CalamityJane,
I would love to visit ca again, it's been over two years now and I think I'm ready. I don't think I'll make it in time for Christmas though Smile
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 12:54 pm
@jcboy,
I know, hehe Smile
I think I will let my teenager decorate this year...we'll see what she comes up with.
jcboy

Reply Sat 10 Dec, 2011 08:02 am
@CalamityJane,
Taking the truck to Homedepot, going to check out the garden section.
jcboy

Reply Sat 17 Dec, 2011 08:47 am
@jcboy,
Marco and Antonio went to Macy’s to do some Christmas shopping, later we are going to the Santa Speedo run in Gulfport. I decided not to volunteer but we are sponsoring my friend Keith.

I may get some nice photos of men in Speedo’s today. Cool
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 24 Dec, 2011 09:25 am
All I had to do this morning was water outside. It's been warm and dry.

Just watched an early 90's X-Men cartoon episode in which Wolverine and Gambit argue with Nightcrawler about God. They both say he and his fellow monks are fooling themselves and there is no God. WOW! You'd never see that in a cartoon now. Sadly, at the end, Wolverine is in a church praying with the bible that Nightcrawler gave him. Gambit, however, tells Rogue we're alone in this world. Good man, that Remy Lebeau.

In a few hours we will drive to Tampa so Antonio can see his auntie Isabel.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 08:29 am
Lots of extras on my list today.

First Saturday of the month means that I need to fertilize all the houseplants and do a major kitchen cleaning on top of the routine Saturday mission of pushing the dust around and swapping out the bed linens. First Saturday of the year means that I start taking down the Christmas decorations. It's a long process that won't be completed until the day before the Super Bowl. Today I'll take down the creche and remove the jingle bells from all the doors. We didn't do a cut/live tree this year other than decorating our tall potted ficus. Normally I'd take down the cut tree and put it out for the birds and animals. The ficus will stay indoors and decorated for another week, or two.
jcboy

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 09:57 am
@JPB,
I have to get the car washed today then the three of us are going to the Saturday morning market downtown. Have a wonderful weekend!
farmerman

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 01:43 pm
@jcboy,
Drove like a maniac down the PA Turnpike this morning. Thanks to EZY-PASS, I missed all the Sat AM "mama- want- you- to- do" shoppers .
ehBeth

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 03:43 pm
@farmerman,
rummaged around upstairs - made a pile of clothes to go to the next swap meet, added to the going to Goodwill pile, found a couple of things that are just gahrbahge

shopped

used some of the gift cards I got over the holiday - got extra woot woot out of one of them by getting everything on sale (including Set's fav Colombian coffee)
JTT

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 05:14 pm
@jcboy,
Speaking of trucks, JC, how'd your kerfuffle with Mr Lube end up?
farmerman

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 07:37 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
woot woot

Nya yevim?
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 07:46 pm
@JTT,
My lawyer friend suggested I take them to small claims court but I haven’t had the time, I’ve been too busy with work. If I were to go through a lawyer it would cost me more than what I paid for anther re-built engine so I have let it drop but I have five thousand friends in the Tampa Bay area on my facebook page and they won’t be taken their vehicles there!
farmerman

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 07:50 pm
@jcboy,
why not do a flash mob in front of his shop. Thatd scare the crap out of im.
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 07:55 pm
@farmerman,
Welcome home, farmerman. Good to see you 'round these parts again. You were indeed missed by many.
jcboy

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 07:58 pm
@farmerman,
I don't think that shop will be open very much longer from what I've heard. I didn't know that before taking my truck there.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 07:58 pm
@Butrflynet,
Yes, I always enjoy reading post from farmerman!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2012 09:33 pm
@jcboy,
Quote:
If I were to go through a lawyer it would cost me more than what I paid for anther re-built engine

Some honest law abiding citizens should start a business where they go to court and represent folks who are in situations like you, JC. It would be a good business and there would be a tidy profit/good living to be made.

Moreover, justice would be served.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Jan, 2012 01:02 pm
@Butrflynet,
ditto on missing farmerman

didn't see your post, jc.
So, tritto on missing farmerman
jcboy

Reply Sat 28 Jan, 2012 10:54 am
@ossobuco,
Went to Homedepot, had another spot in the fence to fix today, the doggies love watching me.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/3585/60795363.jpg

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/2181/66028493.jpg

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/5813/84910887.jpg