Saturday morning chores

JPB

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:23 pm
@JPB,
Does it still count if you're doing morning chores in the middle of the afternoon? I just spent 4 hours cleaning one room. Now I need to go soak my aching self in a heated pool.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:28 pm
@JPB,
it's all about perspective.

it's morning here until almost dusk...

I do most of my chores at night.
0 Replies

MMarciano

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 02:47 pm
@jcboy,
I was very proud of him this morning. He turned over his money and hasn’t even mentioned it once. Now he’s collecting change for the next breast cancer walk.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 03:03 pm
@MMarciano,
I knew I liked Antonio..

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 04:29 pm
@MMarciano,
Your teaching him well, Marco. Antonio is a real trooper and you can be proud of him.

My chores? Running errands (that's my Indian name) ...and getting the kid from point A to B and then C - back to point A again and so forth, and I am not even finished yet in my chauffeur duties.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 04:40 pm
@MMarciano,
Marco, you're raising a good little person there.

The best part of today's errands was picking up Set's new glasses. Larry, the optician, gave us the deal that's not supposed to be happening til December. Set reports being able to see better now. That's a huge thing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 04:57 pm
I was doing a mix of get rid of stuff to goodwill, cleaning somewhat, and rearranging kind of day, while doing some cooking.

I failed again to be able to give away my man's gabardine trench coat that I bought in the mid seventies from a small whaddyacallit - sell old cool stuff store on what was then West Washington in Venice. It's too big for me again, as it was when I bought it, though not always in the inbetween years. Probably a 40's coat. Crazy pockets, so you can put your wallet into your slacks as a guy in the 40's. Thus, if you are not careful, you could send your set of keys to the sidewalk.

I had the sleeves shortened after I got it. I suppose it reminded me of my father, then about five years passed away. Wool gaberdine, still with a lush lining, with a lapel pin that I added from my inlaw's stuff (some kind of canadian insignia thing).

Not your typical women's wear, but around the time I loved that coat, Mademoiselle mag had a piece about Parisian women wearing men's trench coats. No doubt a short-lived episode. Well, I got mine before that, but it proved my insouciance. It is of course meant to be worn over a suit. Boomerang gets it, she has a men's coat she's kept for a long time too.

Label:
Season Skipper
for The Hub
Ed Schmitz & Sons
Madison

I know people on the street in Abq are cold in winter here and others are buying at thrifts more than ever (as do I, when I have money to do that).

So . . I have to pick another coat to give.
MMarciano

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:15 pm
Thank you ladies. He’s a good boy and he has two excellent role models to look up to. I’m just thrilled he’s not able to log into this site to read his other daddies post. Wink
Rockhead

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:17 pm
@MMarciano,
harry and henry?
MMarciano

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:19 pm
@Rockhead,
Oh god those damn tortises! Mean nasty animals, hissing and growling at me and he expects me to feed them? Sons of bitches!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:25 pm
@ossobuco,
http://www.newspaperarchive.com/SiteMap/FreePdfPreview.aspx?img=100056426

http://www.newspaperarchive.com/SiteMap/FreePdfPreview.aspx?img=105296091

Ed Schmitz

The Hub at Hilldale

Wisconsin State Journal

1948 and 1962

~~~

the coat came from Madison, Wisconsin

it would have been an expensive coat in its prime

vintage is great
ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Oct, 2011 09:28 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah. I still can't part with it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 06:25 am
It's Bonfire Night, and despite it being a bit overcast my little boy insists on having the fireworks tonight. I've just been in the back garden building it up, and I've bought some paraffin to make sure it all burns, despite the fact we've had bucketloads of rain.

Jacket potatoes and hot dogs for supper (for him anyway) The Subliminal kid and I will be having stuffed mushrooms instead of hot dogs.
Izzie

Reply Sat 5 Nov, 2011 07:15 am
@izzythepush,
Cleaning my lenses today! Cool
jcboy

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 02:50 pm
@Izzie,
I spent three hours today on repairing the back fence. Bought a truckload of new fencing from Home Depot and replaced all the weak ones. Then the three of us took the dogs to the dog park and let them run free for two hours. I’m exhausted and so is Antonio, he’s napping now.
farmerman

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 02:55 pm
@jcboy,
we spent most of the day moving outside furniture back into the barn for the winter. I planted the rest of my garlic and spinach. I plowed about 1/2 acre for a rye grass cover crop and then I fucked off watching "GREEN LANTERN"

all in all, a decent Saturday
jcboy

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 02:57 pm
@farmerman,
You really are a farmer Smile
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 03:03 pm
We wanted to go down to the harbor and watch the America's Cup today,
but it's raining so heavily, it's best to stay indoors. The Cup is going for several days, so we won't miss anything today.....I think.
jcboy

Reply Sat 12 Nov, 2011 03:55 pm
@CalamityJane,
I talked to my friend Debbie in CA today, she told me how cold and rainy it’s been. She lives in Laguna Niguel. Last night was our coldest night so far and I forgot to turn the heater on before going to bed, had to wake up at 3 am and put an extra cover over Antonio.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sat 3 Dec, 2011 12:21 pm
@jcboy,
Got up early, did some laundry. Picked up Atonio’s little buddy Justin. Mowed the front lawn, walked the doggies, I think I’m ready for a nap.