Campbell Soup Drops the Salt Scare Fanatics

electronicmail

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 04:56 am
@hawkeye10,
What if you empty the can into a sieve and rinse off? It gets rid of most of the salt.
I guess it gets rid of emulsifiers too?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 04:59 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
Thats well over a teaspoon full. Thats more than your reccomended daily dose of sodium.AS I said, most of the **** in the creamy soups aint cream, its a sludge made mostly of soap scum and detergents that keep all the other crap in solution so it doesnt all clot up in your bowl.
That sound appetizing enough for you?
Speaking of which, are you aware that temp changes can destroy the sludge? If you do the wrong thing the very thick Chunky Clam Chowder gets very thin, almost like magic. I still eat it once in awhile, but I wish they would make it more stable....years ago their soups did not do this.
farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 05:03 am
@hawkeye10,
you are merely being exposed to the wonders of the "Thermodynamic triple point" where liquids become turds, and gases fly. It is all dictated by the Phase Rule, even soups cannot escape
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 05:38 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:
That a lot of people allegedly agree with you is a mere argumentum ad populum fallacy.

as a wise man said a few pages back
djjd62 wrote:

hawkeye10 wrote:
plenty of people comment on it.

plenty of people watch reality tv, plenty of people vote in elections, plenty of people believe the world is only as old as the bible tells them it is, i wouldn't take the word of plenty people as being worth much, i'm people and it's pretty clear from what i've seen that plenty of people are assholes
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 01:43 am
@farmerman,
Quote:

Progresso Soups taste a lot better

I agree. Even their reduced sodium versions are better than Campbells.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 06:55 am
Healthier and safer to just make your own soups. I haven't opened a can of soup to eat as a soup in years - in camps, I'd add cream of mushroom, etc to casserole-type things, but as a soup - never!
Miller

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:05 am
@Mame,
If you've got the time, by all means go ahead.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 29 Jul, 2011 11:32 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

If you've got the time, by all means go ahead.

It is not like you are being expected to boil down veal bones into stock....it is available now at your local grocery store. The rest is fast and easy.
0 Replies

ToddLewis

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 04:32 pm
@boomerang,
It's not a matter of people adding their own salt, ****-for-brains. Campbell's didn't just reduce the salt; they butchered the ******* recipes, too.
djjd62

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 04:41 pm
@ToddLewis,
nice first impression fucko
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 04:55 pm
@ToddLewis,
ToddLewis wrote:

It's not a matter of people adding their own salt, ****-for-brains. Campbell's didn't just reduce the salt; they butchered the ******* recipes, too.

They have done this more than once as they work to max the profit margins, their quality control is no longer what it was either.
0 Replies

ToddLewis

Reply Fri 23 Dec, 2011 05:07 pm
@djjd62,
Thanks, ****.
0 Replies