New York City Meet for Dinner/drink early February

Frank Apisa

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2004 05:47 pm
Gautam

Are you gonna be in town earlier?

I probably will be in town very early in the afternoon.

If you are around earlier and are just gonna be doing some sightseeing, I will meet up with you.

Just let me know when you will be in town .

I've got your cell phone number and I can call you when I get there IF you are sight seeing.

f.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 09:13 pm
Well, it happened . The New York City A2K exstrangaganza!! Frank was there. Gautam was there and I was there.

I would tell you more but the booking sargent says I have to sign off now and wait till the trial of civic misbehavior charges begins.....

I'm innocent I tell yah, innocent.....!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 09:14 pm
Hey details details details!

Details, I tell ya!

You're the master storyteller and everything! Spill!!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 09:30 pm
There is no truth to the statement in the morning NYTIMES that

"a group of men of indeterminate age marauded through the Chelsea section of the city last night before extending their chaotic antics in the sanctity of Times Square. "I was so offended " offered one of the many hookers who wanted to speak on the record about the incidents. "Never have I been argued with like that!! That bearded guy could talk a blue streak!!! Police are still investigating the multitudes of fainting spells that occurred throughout Chelsea as the trio made their way from bar to bar. " Oh, it wasn't those two heteros we were panting after, it was that Indian prince!!! Oh gawd if those eyes could just look at me for one second." said an apparently swept away Johnson Bigalow, personal trainer, about the most gorgeous member of the group.
Meanwhile both the FBI and the State Police are seeking information about the mysterious third man in the group. He apparently was so innocuous that no noticed him until after he had disappeared shortly after the half the people on Seventh Ave had been depantsed. "

Don't read the Times. Watch Fox News.

Joe
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 09:36 pm
well, that's a start.

more.
now!!!!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 10:57 pm
Ooh, what I would have given to have been there!

(Did Gautam give you a kiss on the cheek for me, Joe?)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2004 11:04 pm
What are you doing home so early? Where are Gautam and Frank off to now?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 07:37 am
Okay, I'm out on bail -- and I wanna give my version of what happened.

What we lacked in numbers...we more than made up for with enthusiasm and fun.

I would say that the meet was EXCEPTIONALLY successful...with enough laughter and chatter to satisfy a party of 10 or 15.

In the end, it was Joe Nation, Gautam and myself against The Big Apple -- and we won.

Joe is a terrific guy -- so close to what I pictured, I felt like I'd known him for years. I have no doubt that I will visit with him in the future -- and I'm sure he and his wife will join Nancy and me on one of our several trips on the Hudson during the summer. One of the local Jazz stations sponsors boat rides down to the Statue of Liberty and back -- with impressive Manhattan Island as a backdrop.

I am sure the hookers realized that we were just kidding when....ahhh...well, we'll leave that part out. I must say, though, that the guy who bought the police car from Joe was one hell of a bargainer. Joe was very lucky to have made the sale.

Gautam was, as the several women who have already met him have endlessly pointed out, a very good looking guy -- and he actually does have those "heavenly dark eyes" they all seem to moon about. <yawwwwn> He is a fast wit -- and a terrific audience. He laughed with gusto at damn near everything Joe and I said. (But, of course, Joe and I are both very witty!!!)

We had a terrific meal at a nice New York restaurant.

Joe and I limited ourselves to only one Scotch apiece. I'm not sure why Joe did, but when I originally ordered, I cautioned him that if he allowed me to order a second, he'd probably end up explaining to police about why it was necessary for me to be causing such a commotion in mid-town. (All those precautions -- and he still ended up doing some explaining.

Gautam put lots of sauce away -- but Joe and I decided that we're not going to talk about that.

On behalf of Joe, Gautam and myself, I'd like to thank all the A2K people who didn't make it to the meet, because it gave us lots of people to talk about -- and if any of you had ringing ears last night, it probably was because of our conversation.

Gautam had to make a train back to where he was staying. He was actually the first to leave. Joe and I took a walk up to Times Square and marvelled over all the neon, ticker tapes, and giant television screens in that spectacular area.

I can only hope that when we next get together, there will be others who join us for the fun -- and to take some of the responsibility for damage off our shoulders.

(Joe, my knee is killing me this morning. Did that pimp get in a shot at me before you decked him?)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 10:10 am
Great report!

Sauce, lessee, what kind of sauce....
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 05:35 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
On behalf of Joe, Gautam and myself, I'd like to thank all the A2K people who didn't make it to the meet, because it gave us lots of people to talk about -- and if any of you had ringing ears last night, it probably was because of our conversation.

My ears were burning all night. OMG, Joe. What did you tell him?!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 07:13 pm
Frank wrote:
Quote:
Joe and I limited ourselves to only one Scotch apiece.

Yeah, dats true, but we should splain dat the one Scotch was in one of those trumpets that they serve a yard of ale in. (We had such an argument with the waiter over which was a bigger, a tumbler or a flagon, that we settled for the trumpet) That would have been okay if that one guy hadn't given us a bad time over Gautam's singing.

I mean, come on, the guy is singing his heart out, belting out "New York, New YORK" almost as good as Frank (Sinatra not Apisa) and this guy keeps coming over to the table saying things like
" Hey, pipe down." and "Hey, this is not karaoke night."
and "Hey, get down from there."

I thought he was great, gautama, not the loud mouth, and that's really the reason I wanted him to sing New York!! for the third time. I think he could be like on American Idol if he was American because like when he blasts out that part about "make it ANYwhere" you could just see all the other tables take cover.

Gautam only had two flagons of whiskey and soda. Just two, I was counting.

And wasn't that creamy cake and sorbet that that loudmouth's table ordered good??? He lay there on the floor with his big yap shut while we spooned it up with whoever that woman was. I especially liked what Frank said to her as we headed out the door...... I just can't remember now what it is but it sure made her night.

Oh, Eva, yes, yes, we discussed you too.
(Well, you disgust us too.)
Ahem, I told what I knew to be true. I didn't know if you had told them about the whole witness protection thing so I left most of that out. I did say that I thought the "I have a loving husband and one darling son" rap was so weirdly unlike anything like reality that I couldn't believe you were still passing that story off to anyone especially the part about living in, (where the heck is it>>???) Tulsa, OK LA hOma, okay we get it. Laughing it is to die for, yeah. You're secrets are safe with me.

Joe
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 07:24 pm
Wooohooo! Thanks for the tales, guys.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 08:09 pm
I'm resting from the pulsing strobes, the tell tale strabismus. But where is Gautam, the sly dog?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 08:31 pm
Whew! Thanks for not telling them about the witness protection thing,
Joe. I appreciate that.

Um...you didn't mention the table dances at The Stables back in '79, did you?
Please tell me you didn't. Or the plastic surgery after the accident? Or about
the time that you and I traded...um....no, you wouldn't do that........
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2004 11:38 pm
I wanna hear from Gautam, I do, I do..... whine...

(sustained by chocolates...)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 07:16 am
Joe

I see that Gautam has not yet shown up.

I don't think we should panic - but I'm beginning to think that maybe we should have gone with him. The cop in that third car definitely was trouble and I can't help but wonder if he didn't mean some harm to Gautam. He certainly didn't look like a guy with a big sense of humor.

And I guess I should go on record now as saying that although I didn't agree with Gautam at the time - the guy actually did look a bit like Brad Pitt. Gautam, I think, was right to tell him that he should lose 200 pounds and buy a wig so he could take advantage of the resemblance. I have no idea of why he reacted as he did - what with all the people around, but you know New York cops better than I.

Do you remember what precincts those cars came from?

Do you know how we would begin a search if it comes to that?
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 07:30 am
A text from Super G says that Frank and Joe were a hoot! Great fun!

And American men are soooo sexy!

Is that true??? I'll be over! Wink
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 08:01 am
So... is Gautam coming to Boston tonight?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 11 Feb, 2004 09:29 pm
I am beginning to think we shoulda untied him before we slid him into the back seat of that pattywagon...... I mean fair's fair.....
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2004 12:44 am
"Ratzenhofer Detective Agency"

"Hi, Gus, it's Eva.

"Oh, hi, Eva... what can I do for you?"

"Well, Gus, here's the deal. Gautam, Frank, and Joe Nation are getting together tonight for a few drinks and I've never actually seen what they look like. Do you think you could tail them and get a photograph?"

"Sure, Eva, no problem.

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/beavis.db/P9080016.JPG
0 Replies