New York City Meet for Dinner/drink early February

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:46 pm
Cheers to both of you, Gautam and Frank. Ay yi yi, wish I could meet you both in the big city and Dag too. I had such fun when I was there last April, walked my way through town, I did, met a few friends....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:47 pm
did this twice, edit once
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 05:56 pm
<waiving frantically> hey! hey! i'm here!!! on my way to nyc the 6th, back the 8th. can we meet in between? who else is from the apple? Super G, can you make it sometime during that weekend? any preferrence of time/place? i like lower east side, yo gautam, you should check it out. they have cozy indian restaurants on 1st ave, between 7 and street (or vice versa?) lit by christmas tree lights only (thousands of), with crazy indian pop music that will blast your head of if they find out (or are led to think) that it is your birthday. one of them is called panna. food is ok, but the atmosphere.... priceless. for everything else, there is mastercard.
but i am a country girl, i wouldn't know where to meet in nyc! anyone?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:02 pm
Hey Dag.

Since Gautma is going to know where he is -- my feelings are to let him pick a spot to meet -- and we can go somewhere from there.

I am really looking forward to meeting you both.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:19 pm
Roberta is in NY, I met her, but she has night hours and doesn't bop out with ease. Joe Nation lives around there, eh? Who else... doesn't beedlesquoink? Thinking, thinking.. Diane did, in fact she was my walking checking out the town pal, but she's in the western US right now.. Merry Andrew, is he from NY or Boston? Hate to miss anyone who might just love to meet you, Gautam, from lack of thinking. One person I am really sorry I didn't contact is Bree, a particularly interesting person to me, really sharp. I had thought of it and gave up with all the stuff going on.

On the other hand, Gautam, it is also tricky to get to know people at some long table with a big group... and a real conversation with a few is, y'know, priceless.

Oh, should you be around there at tea time, consider Toraya. "traditional japanese confectionary and tea room".

Diane and I went there, after arriving at the Frick and upon getting into the museum realized there was no place to eat, left our coats in the cloak room and fled a block away to this perfect little place....
17 E 71st Street (near corner of Madison..) perfect mid afternoon place, elegant, very comfortable at the same time. A mid day thing, I think. We both liked everything about it.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 06:26 pm
Thanks, Osso. And yes, Frank, let's let the Super G decide our fate. I would just plead for Sat. afternoon or early evening or Sunday afternoon. But if need be, I'll adjust to whatever.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 08:54 pm
truth
Frank, I would really love to meet with you and enjoy a few (?) dualistic drinks, but NYC is out of the question, especially in February. My wife would divorce me on grounds of insanity, and I'd have to plead no contest. Some other time, and perhaps venue. O.K.? Give my best to G.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:04 pm
Hoping G comes up to Boston...
glad there will be a representative from Boston anyway.....even if she is dropping things all over the place right now Wink
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:07 pm
Hey! How did I miss this thread till now? Where's the meet?

When? Where?

Joe (First round's on me) Nation
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:12 pm
Oh, good, Joe's here...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:15 pm
yikes, how can we meet Joe and Frank, JL? Got to drag them west, no?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:15 pm
Yeah, and I've got my Zagat's. Cool
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 09:48 pm
truth
Yes, Osso, some day. You sound like you're feeling better.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2004 10:07 pm
Un po'. But I'm always up for a gathering.

Got to rehabilitate the SF meeting in April, which has been quiescent for various reasons.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 08:06 pm
Oh.... boy....... A New Yawk Meetup......... !

I'm getting a haircut>!!

Joe
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 08:35 pm
Joe Nation wrote:
Oh.... boy....... A New Yawk Meetup......... !

I'm getting a haircut>!!

Joe

So...which one you gonna get cut? Laughing
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 08:38 pm
So, Super G is avoiding a computer. How do we find him and drag him to a cafe/pub?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 08:47 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
So, Super G is avoiding a computer. How do we find him and drag him to a cafe/pub?

It WILL happen.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 08:58 pm
sigh...
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2004 09:00 pm
truth
Poor Osso. I'm sighing too.
0 Replies