Austrian driver allowed 'pastafarian' headgear photo

jespah

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 06:55 am
Greetings, Pastafarians! This devoted follower has won his case in an Austrian court and is permitted to sport a colander on his head for his driver's license photograph.

But yea, I say, for this may be heresy, as aren't pirate hats preferred by our one and only? Perhaps the gentleman is Western Orthodox? Or tempted by another side?

And what of tinfoil? Should it be permitted by the Department of Motor Vehicles, or does the foil just cause too much glare when they use a photographic flash?

I trust that we can debate these issues in a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. These are, after all, some of the more important questions of our time. Pictures welcome.

Ramen.

raprap

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 07:16 am
@jespah,
Colorado doesn't let you wear glasses even if corrective lenses are specifically required to operate a vehicle.

Rap
parados

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 07:20 am
@jespah,
Quote:
The next step, Mr Alm told the Austrian news agency APA, is to apply to the Austrian authorities for pastafarianism to become an officially recognised faith.

I think that's the problem. If the government recognized pastafarianism then they would be able to legally tell people what the headgear is supposed to be.
\

But when are we going to recognize that the US is a pastafarian nation? The evidence of a noodly appendage is right there in the Constitution.
parados

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 07:26 am
@parados,
I submit as proof that the founders were pastafarian the following pictures...
It's no coincidence that the Constitution is written on paper the color of pasta.

http://blackgirlsguidetoweightloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/white-pasta-300x225.jpg
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/images/constitution_thumb_295_dark_gray_bg.jpg

Notice how the Constitution seems to flow out of the pasta.
Green Witch

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 07:31 am
I would have no problem getting in his cab, he's kind of cute in that young, fanatical way.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 08:22 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

I submit as proof that the founders were pastafarian the following pictures...
It's no coincidence that the Constitution is written on paper the color of pasta.

http://blackgirlsguidetoweightloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/white-pasta-300x225.jpg
http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/images/constitution_thumb_295_dark_gray_bg.jpg

Notice how the Constitution seems to flow out of the pasta.

Crying or Very sad The truth is SO BEAUTIFUL! Crying or Very sad
MontereyJack

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 08:27 am
Could I have my Constitution with Alfredo sauce, please?
0 Replies

farmerman

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 09:57 am
@raprap,
Quote:
Colorado doesn't let you wear glasses even if corrective lenses are specifically required to operate a vehicle.

ASuperman would be in big trubble
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 10:10 am
@tsarstepan,
Looks like some of the Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe floated onto the paperwork..

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_jCxlRkj9HaI/SgtB_WxEX_I/AAAAAAAABm8/JRs_4C5PWIg/s400/spaghetti+cacio+e+pepe.jpg
saab

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 11:18 am
As long as your whole face can be seen clearly the picture is accepted.
It was not really because he is a pastafarian or of religous reasons.
Reyn

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 02:05 pm
@jespah,
I think I should try getting a photo with a fish on my head. Rolling Eyes Mad
parados

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 02:10 pm
@Reyn,
Are you a Pescafarian?
Reyn

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 02:12 pm
@parados,
Could be!

Or it could be some other made up religion.
ossobuco

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 02:25 pm
@Reyn,
Well, I'm perfect as the Spaghetti Monster Goddess Herself (Irish Monster Division, County Mayo). Send me your thithes.
No, no, I mean your trinkets. Or tri-lobed clovers.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 02:30 pm
@jespah,
Doesn't tinfoil contain aluminum (u. s. spelling)? Aluminum fears abound, forsooth. Would that be a threat to the arresting officer?
0 Replies

Thomas

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 02:58 pm
@parados,
Even the font in the Declaration looks somewhat noodly. And I swear I see the likeness of tomato sauce stains on the document!
ossobuco

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 03:10 pm
@Thomas,
I thought they were pepper, but you may be right, by this time they would be black.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 03:10 pm
@saab,
saab wrote:

As long as your whole face can be seen clearly the picture is accepted.
It was not really because he is a pastafarian or of religous reasons.

Correct. He only found a kind of legal loophole.

Besides that: the driving licence was already issued in October 2009 - Alm told the orf radio station that he didn't know he could have got it already then. (He had ticked on the form that he would collect the licence personally at the police headquarter's.)
jespah

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 03:59 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
True, but when he did show up, did he bring enough pasta for everyone???
ossobuco

Fri 15 Jul, 2011 04:04 pm
@jespah,
He tried, but some of us stole it, while it arrived at the table steaming in a bowl, with a bowl of butter and a bowl of parmigiano.. (my first pasta experience in Rome, not for us, we were very tired and just picked something, but for the people next to us, in this neighborhood place. I was transfixed. Sophisticated couple piling on the butter and then the cheese and scarfing the pasta down before it cooled. That was the first day.)
0 Replies