Casey Anthony found not guilty of murder

firefly

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:45 am
Quote:
July 8, 2011
Casey Anthony's parents Cindy and George receive death threats
By Camille Mann

(CBS/WKMG/AP) ORLANDO, Fla. - Casey Anthony's parents have received several death threats in the days since she was found not guilty of first-degree murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, a report says.

Sheriff's spokesman Capt. Angelo Nieves said George and Cindy Anthony have received at least a half-dozen phone calls in which death threats were made, reports the Orlando Senitnel.

Authorities are now investigating the threats and checking the credibility.

"We are assessing," Nieves said, reports the paper. "We are also making an effort to identify the callers."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20077838-504083.html

This is just plain crazy.

Arella Mae

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:46 am
@hawkeye10,
Don't tell Bill they already have a runaway law in Florida. It might upset him. I think it is a good thing to have such laws. I noticed in the law it says A PERSON OF KNOWLEDGE is then required to file a report. It should be unlawful to provide aid to a runaway child. Enabling them surely isn't going to help them.

Now let's get Caylee's Law enacted so people will report a child missing. Look at how many people were around Casey and not one of them called the police with any type of suspicion. If she was such a wonderful mother as many of her friends stated, why were they not concerned when they did not see Caylee for a month?
Arella Mae

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:51 am
@firefly,
It is crazy. People are angry, firefly. I believe Casey is guilty but if I were on the jury I would have had to vote the same way they did and quite frankly lots of people are very angry about it.

Most feel there is no justice for Caylee and they are trying to show their disapproval in the wrong ways. It's not her parents' fault and threatening them is illegal and morally wrong. They will find that out if the police find out who they are.

This is the thing that some people refuse to see, firefly. They want changes made but they aren't willing to take the LEGAL and MORAL route to make those changes.

It's a very controversial and emotional situation.
Linkat

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:52 am
@Arella Mae,
Well she is two after all - not like she was 8 months. Casey as parent should have the freedom to decide that her two year old was old enough to run away and take care of herself. Jeez.
Cycloptichorn

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:54 am
Okay, so; am I the only one who really doesn't give a **** about this?

There are hundreds of murder trials every year in America, some people get sentenced, some don't. The only difference here is that the media decided this one was special for some reason, sensationalistic, and suddenly everyone's a frikkin member of CSI inside their own heads.

It's over and done with, move on....

Cycloptichorn
BillRM

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:54 am
@firefly,
Sorry lawyer but leaving a scene of an accident laws is one thing and a law that required you to call the police and tell them where you bury the body of your victim is another matter or even that a crime had happen that you are involved in. LOL
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:05 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Now let's get Caylee's Law enacted so people will report a child missing
I am opposed to all mandatory reporting laws.
Arella Mae

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:05 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Well she is two after all - not like she was 8 months. Casey as parent should have the freedom to decide that her two year old was old enough to run away and take care of herself. Jeez.

Kind of boggles the mind, doesn't it?
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:07 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
All Caylee's Law would do is put a timeline on when you have to report the child missing.

Casey could had been charge with child neglect under current laws and was not.

And strangely my parents was not charge with not supervising me when I was a few thousand miles away from them as a late teenager and yes they knew where I was as I was not lying to them however in fact I could have been anywhere and they would not had known otherwise.

This kind of a situation is common for late teenagers and had always been so as the duty to "supervisor" is hardly the same for a late teenager as it is for a young child.

This law would change that it would seems on it face to the harm of the parents and the minors.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
Now let's get Caylee's Law enacted so people will report a child missing
I am opposed to all mandatory reporting laws.

Oh yes, I forgot. If a woman were being raped in front of you, you wouldn't report it. If a child were being killed in front of you, you wouldn't report it. Wouldn't want to MAKE you do the right thing, would we?
BillRM

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:12 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
It should be unlawful to provide aid to a runaway child. Enabling them surely isn't going to help them.

Oh if they are being harm and abused and turn to another family member for aid such as an older brother or an uncle it should be illegal to aid them?

Guess how slow it would be for child welfare to reacted for a 17 years old minor!
0 Replies

wandeljw

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:13 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

There are hundreds of murder trials every year in America, some people get sentenced, some don't. The only difference here is that the media decided this one was special for some reason, sensationalistic, and suddenly everyone's a frikkin member of CSI inside their own heads.

Cycloptichorn

I agree. In certain cases media outlets like to turn a crime story into entertainment. In the past I have made the mistake of avidly following a criminal case. Now I realize that it is a waste of time.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:16 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I am not trying to be rude or anything but if that is the way that you feel about it, why are you reading this thread?
BillRM

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:16 pm
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
. If a child were being killed in front of you, you wouldn't report it. Wouldn't want to MAKE you do the right thing, would we?

Strangely unless you have a duty to that child such as a parent or a baby sitter you have no legal duty to interfere or report a murder of a child to anyone in most states.

Hell,<dirty language alert> you could be sitting at a hotel pool reading a book as a child slowly drown in front of you without breaking the laws in most states.

0 Replies

Linkat

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:17 pm
@Arella Mae,
reminds me of the last Senfield episode...
Cycloptichorn

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:19 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I am not trying to be rude or anything but if that is the way that you feel about it, why are you reading this thread?

Because either this one or the other one have been at the top of the 'New Posts' list for a few days, and I'm bored.

I can see, however, that it's just the newest version of the AM/Linkat vs. Hawkeye/BillRM argument which has been going on for years at this point.

Cycloptichorn
Arella Mae

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:21 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I apologize. I didn't mean to offend you. I was truly curious about it. That's why I asked.
BillRM

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:24 pm
@Linkat,
Quote:
reminds me of the last Senfield episode...

The punishment in real life under the episode shown would had been a small fine not having them all lock up.
Linkat

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:26 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Weird didn't know I was particularly arguing with the same people over or over.

I don't keep track and actually thought that sometimes I agree with people that I sometimes disagree with on other stuff.

Do I always agree with you Arella? Actually do not remember having too many discussions one way or the other with you before.
Linkat

Fri 8 Jul, 2011 12:26 pm
@BillRM,
That's the joke of it all -
0 Replies