Casey Anthony found not guilty of murder

gungasnake

Tue 5 Jul, 2011 10:40 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
One of my kids was following this trial, and I saw enough to have serious doubts about the conduct of the Judge and the DA...there was no case here, there should have never been a trial.

Rush was talking about this one this afternoon and that was also his opinion. He said every real legal expert he'd listened to had said the same thing, i.e. that whatever the appearance of guilt might have been, there was no real evidence linking the woman to the crime.
BillRM

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 01:40 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
Rush was talking about this one this afternoon and that was also his opinion

Why am I not surprised that you would be a listener to that "former?" drug addict fool.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 01:53 am
Once more the known facts are that the child was in her care and under her protection when she ended up as a rotting corpse wrapped in garbage bags in the woods.

That she did not notify anyone that the child was missing and kept lying to the police over the matter when thirty days after the event the police did become aware of the situation.

At the very best that should had resulted in a manslaughter conviction in my opinion even if you assume a accident death of some kind and a cover up also for some strange reason.
MyViewpoint

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 05:00 am
Sadly, Casey now has a new career opportunity --

As a nanny for the Jose Baez family.

0 Replies

djjd62

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 07:14 am
i think the one positive we can take from this is the fact that Casey is young, there's still plenty of time for her to have another child and kill it, so i'm sure she'll get convicted eventually

alternatively, she could become a pro athlete, and eventually get jailed for kidnapping and threatening a memorabilia dealer in a vegas hotel room
0 Replies

mags314772

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 08:25 am
@ossobuco,
OJ Simpson revisited
hawkeye10

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 08:58 am
@mags314772,
mags314772 wrote:

OJ Simpson revisited
Except in the OJ case a great many people thought that the case was proved, in this event almost everybody I have heard from agrees that the state had no evidence. In the OJ case the conclusion was that the jury had made a mistake, in this case the conclusion is that the jury prevented an attempt by the state to carry out injustice.
BillRM

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 09:05 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
jury prevented an attempt by the state to carry out injustice.

An who care and control was this child under when she somehow ended up dead in the woods in plastic bags Hawkeye?

What injustice are you talking about not the injustice to a young child who caregiver allowing that to happen to her and then having her caregiver doing her best to cover it up afterward?
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 09:09 am
@BillRM,
I do not believe that manslaughter was an option.

The thing is there was also the charge of child abuse - which was determined not guilty. I don't know (now granted I haven't read the full description of what warrants child abuse) - but seems like driving around with a child's corpse in the trunk would seem like abuse. It was determined through evidence that there was corpse in the trunk, but I suppose you could say they didn't prove which corpse.

BillRM

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 09:46 am
@Linkat,
As far as I am aware a manslaught finding was possible in this case and seem to fit what could be proven.

She allowed the child to die under her care and control and then did her best to keep it a secret and that does not fit an accident death that she did not have blame for.
Linkat

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 10:17 am
@BillRM,
I'd agree with you on that - I just thought in reading the news reports and in hearing the verdict read, that manslaughter wasn't read as one of the charges.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 10:53 am
All of the evidence was circumstantial. There was not one thing you could point to that stated, 'CASEY DID IT'. It was a death penalty case. From what I understand, it's very difficult to get a conviction on a purely circumstantial case, much less, one concerning a death penalty case.

I, myself, believe there was enough circumstantial evidence to conclude Casey did it but there was absoutely NO DIRECT evidence. I believe she did it, but, according to law, if I was on that jury, I couldn't have voted guilty either.

I would have voted guilty on the child abuse though because no matter what happened, Caylee ended up dead because her mother did not do right by her.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 11:53 am
According to TMZ a juror is shopping around for the highest bid to do an interview.

Biding must start at five figures.

Arella Mae

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 11:57 am
@BillRM,
They have that legal right to either talk to or not talk to anyone about the case now that it is over. The judge took about five minutes explaining that to them. Personally, I think making money from it is wrong.
hawkeye10

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 12:04 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

According to TMZ a juror is shopping around for the highest bid to do an interview.

Biding must start at five figures.

Quote:
NewsPulse
Most popular stories right now

Cindy Anthony could face perjury charges
Jay Leno bombs with Casey Anthony jokes
What's next for Casey Anthony?
Keene: Quick verdict can give clues on jury
Analysts: Anthony jury troubled by no cause of death, other factors

http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/07/05/anthony.trial.jury/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Given the intense interest in the case, striking while the iron is hot is the American way. So is charging early and charging heavy, which is how we got where we are. Going after the death penalty and having a long drawn out trial when you dont have any evidence has a way of pissing off juries, it makes them think the state has forgotten about justice.
BillRM

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 12:14 pm
@Arella Mae,
The end result is that juries might end up deciding high profile cases in ways to yeild the maximun after judgemnt dollars for them.
0 Replies

Linkat

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 12:19 pm
@Arella Mae,
At least morally wrong if nothing else. Makes me feel even worse in the sense, that such a juror would lack good sense.
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 12:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Going after the death penalty and having a long drawn out trial when you dont have any evidence has a way of pissing off juries, it makes them think the state has forgotten about justice.

Somehow I have the feelings that you are forgetting that a defenseless little girl ended up dead with her body hidden in garbag bags when under the control and the protection of her mother who then did her best to keep the rest of the world from knowing that the little girl is dead by lying to everyone.
hawkeye10

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 12:42 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Somehow I have the feelings that you are forgetting that a defenseless little girl ended up dead with her body hidden in garbag bags when under the control and the protection of her mother who then did her best to keep the rest of the world from knowing that the little girl is dead by lying to everyone
this was a contest between the collective through the state and Casey Anderson, the dead girl as with any victim is not represented. Juries naturally want to hold someone to account for dead little girls, but when the state goes after the death penalty when they have no evidence that has to go, because juries want not to be a part of the death of a possibly innocent person (Casey Anderson in this case) more than they want to hold someone to account a dead little girl.

The state would have had a better chance of getting a jury to sign onto injustice had they gone with more reasonable charges. THey also should have had a shorter trial, 5 weeks is ridiculous in any case, one where you have no evidence even more so.
BillRM

Wed 6 Jul, 2011 12:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
death of a possibly innocent person (Casey Anderson in this case) more than they want to hold someone to account a dead little girl.

It is my inderstanding that lessor charges was availble to them it was not capital murder or nothing.