My Friday Rant (Holla Back White People)

Ceili

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 06:37 pm
I'm a western canadian, my parents are Northern Irish Catholics, my parents left because of centuries of discrimination and persecution. They didn't bring it with them.

I have a copy of Life Magazine from during the Kennedy Election. It predicts Kennedy would never become president because he was an irish catholic.
Before my Mom emmigrated to Canada, she moved to London as a nurse, 1964. She couldn't find an apartment, everywhere she went she found signs reading...
Room for Rent - No Irish Need Apply. She decided to move here instead.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 10:23 pm
Sorry, Noah. My ancestors didn't have slaves. They worked themselves to the bone at menial jobs for every nickel they had. Some were "indentured servants," even...little more than genteel slavery in truth. My family didn't profit from slave labor in any greater sense than today's generation of blacks profits from it.

If reparations were due to anyone, it would be the people ripped from their homes, brought here and forced into slavery. To suggest that people are owed money several generations later is quite another thing, and I would not go along with that. Today's generation of blacks is no more economically handicapped than low-income whites, Hispanics and other minorities.

Come to think of it...what about the centuries of discrimination against women? And...it still goes on today. Should I get reparations for that, too?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 10:30 pm
I have reason to believe my ancestors may have been slave holders. But, I have always worked for civil rights for all and therefore feel I am exempt from sharing those bastards' blame.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 10:44 pm
Interesting reading

The Truth About Slavery -
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 10:49 pm
There Were More White Slaves Than Black Slaves in Colonial America
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 12:03 pm
And don't forget, on the other side of the pond, there were plenty of Africans involved in and profiting from the slave trade.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 12:06 pm
Fair is fair, here goes (I hope yellow counts):

http://www-atdp.berkeley.edu/1623/students/simon/scream2.jpg
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 12:33 pm
husker: The second link that you posted not only contains the most preposterous falsehoods about "white slavery," but it is filled with racist and anti-Semitic rants, such as this gem:

English tyrant Oliver Cromwell had no regard for human life. Neigher [sic] did Abraham Lincoln. Cromwell was the homicidal maniac who brought the Jews back into England and into power after they had been banished from the country centuries earlier. Lincoln brought them to power here. What is referred to among the White-wing as our Zionist Occupational Government or ZOG, was born in America under Lincoln's rule. Our captivity to the Edomite Jewish Bankers began in 1860 when their abolitionist puppet and his Black Republican party rose to power.

Abraham Lincoln's war was the second American revolution. His revolution for nigger equality and the idolatry of Union worship over threw the victorious results of our first American revolution in 1776. The American people, especially the White Christian patriots who should have known better, need to understand this. A few years after Cromwell's death in 1658, a British mob dug up his remains, removed the head and hung the rest of this race-traitor by the heels. In the not too distant future, Lincoln's remains will no doubt get the same treatment, when an educated American people realize the extent of his crimes against this nation.

Do us all a favor, husker: next time you link to a web page, read it first.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 12:40 pm
Uh oh. Somebody said the N-word. Quick, call the PC Police.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 12:42 pm
Are you saying that you support the use of racial slurs or are you just banging the worn out "pc" drum cjhsa? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 12:45 pm
Frankly, some of the contributions to this thread remind me of the White Power movement: "Hey, there are organizations for black people, Asian people, Jews, Mexicans--what about White People?"
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 12:50 pm
You know guys I was just putting the needle in Noah because of his "White people are the Devil" rants....I'd hate to think I started another war......
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 01:07 pm
Just a quick note here on that crapola about Cromwell--yes his corpse was exhumed, beheaded and hanged. This was done on the order of the restored monarch, Charles II, who was symbolically exacting revenge for the execution of his father, Charles I. There was no "British mob" howling for justice against a "race traitor." What a load of white supremecist crap that is. When Cromwell was Lord Protector, he extended his protection to the Jews in England, who, having been born there; this statement: " . . . brought the Jews back into England and into power after they had been banished from the country centuries earlier," is patently false.

When Charles II was restored to the throne, he attempted to get legislation passed to remove the statutory debilities which applied to English Catholics, but without success. Therefore, a few years later, when Jews from the City of London approached him about some lowlife's who were attempting to blackmail them, he quietly used his own personal resources to lean on those scumbags, and they left the Jews alone. That is pure racist rant.

To allude to something which D'art wrote: "The above is all highly amusing, but a wee bit flat as satire. White folks (of which I am one) have all the advantages in this country, regardless of the hard times our ancestors may have had. Most, if not all, arrived of their own free will, hoping to find a better life. They did not arrive as slaves.

While I don't argue for reparations, there is a difference. "

I don't argue for reparations, either. However, even after their arrival in this country, the Irish Catholics had no advantages attached to the color of their skin. They worked, and worked hard, and fought and died in their thousands for Mr. Lincoln, in order to carve out a place for themselves. They came from poverty and oppression, and found poverty and oppression when they arrived. Here, at least, they could change the system to accomodate themselves, and they have succeeded admirably well. Other "peoples" with a gripe might take a lesson from both the Jews and Irish, to the effect that your lot in life is what you make of it.
0 Replies

husker

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 02:54 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
husker: The second link that you posted not only contains the most preposterous falsehoods about "white slavery," but it is filled with racist and anti-Semitic rants, such as this gem:

English tyrant Oliver Cromwell had no regard for human life. Neigher [sic] did Abraham Lincoln. Cromwell was the homicidal maniac who brought the Jews back into England and into power after they had been banished from the country centuries earlier. Lincoln brought them to power here. What is referred to among the White-wing as our Zionist Occupational Government or ZOG, was born in America under Lincoln's rule. Our captivity to the Edomite Jewish Bankers began in 1860 when their abolitionist puppet and his Black Republican party rose to power.

Abraham Lincoln's war was the second American revolution. His revolution for nigger equality and the idolatry of Union worship over threw the victorious results of our first American revolution in 1776. The American people, especially the White Christian patriots who should have known better, need to understand this. A few years after Cromwell's death in 1658, a British mob dug up his remains, removed the head and hung the rest of this race-traitor by the heels. In the not too distant future, Lincoln's remains will no doubt get the same treatment, when an educated American people realize the extent of his crimes against this nation.

Do us all a favor, husker: next time you link to a web page, read it first.

Take a deep breath - do you feel better Joe? You feel bigger fer trying to slap my white Irish arse around? Lemme turn the other cheek to you! Full moon rising. Laughing
0 Replies

Lapsus Manus

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 02:54 pm
Shocked
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 03:01 pm
welcome Lapsus, to my love filled thread, and to A2K :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 03:09 pm
Craven, I'll beat on political correctness wherever I find it. At the same time, a quick search will show you that I have never used the N-word anywhere, at any time, and that it is not a part of my regular vocabulary, for sure.

On a similar topic, didn't the 11th court of appeals recently rule the the F-word isn't really obscene, as long as it isn't used to describe the act of intercourse? To that end one can say "F-ck off" or "F-ck it" or "F-ck you", or even "You stupid f-cking f-ck".

Now, I'm not addressing those F-bombs towards anyone here on A2K. Just adding to BP's love filled thread. Smile
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 03:10 pm
husker wrote:
Take a deep breath - do you feel better Joe? You feel bigger fer trying to slap my white Irish arse around? Lemme turn the other cheek to you! Full moon rising. Laughing

I wouldn't dream of trying to slap your white Irish arse, husker: I might cause you to suffer some brain damage. Laughing

And while you're attempting to extricate your cranium from its current location, perhaps you'd like to remove the link to that racist, anti-Semitic site. Or are you implying that you approve of its content?
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 03:12 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
You know guys I was just putting the needle in Noah because of his "White people are the Devil" rants....I'd hate to think I started another war......

Don't worry yourself too much...it looks to me like this thread seems all in good fun and was not intended to offend anyone.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2004 03:26 pm
colorbook wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Don't worry yourself too much...it looks to me like this thread seems all in good fun and was not intended to offend anyone.

\
thanks...because you know me...politically correct to the end.
0 Replies