My Friday Rant (Holla Back White People)

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 08:43 am
It seems like only yesterday and a continent ago that my ancestors were invaded by Rome, France, The Moors, Vikings, when my druid relatives were slaughtered wholesale and my people enslaved.

I can't remember the last time anyone in my family or any other Brits of any generation received any grants, special programs or financial reparations. Why the last time that happened was....................... well, never stop to think about it.

It doesn't seem fair to me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,348 • Replies: 136
No top replies

Eva

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 09:33 am
My great-grandparents immigrated to the U.S. from Ireland. They were subjected to intense discrimination in NYC during the days when "No Irish Need Apply" signs were common in business windows and people spat on them in the streets.

I want some money, too.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 09:39 am
Then I want even more money Eva because Quinney is an anglicized version of Conn an Irish name. :wink:
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 11:02 am
My mother's maiden name was Antrim. Belfast is in County Antrim. We wuz robbed.

Where the hell's my check?
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 11:05 am
One side of my family was on the Mayflower. The other side drove them out of England.

Where's my piece of the pie?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 11:08 am
My wife is of all things part Canadian. Where's our check?
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 11:09 am
Hay! If you can claim it, fill out the paperwork and get it!!
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 11:11 am
My ancestry is traced back to England, Ireland, and Germany, where who knows what hardships my forefathers endured.
However, in the early 1920's, my grandfather went west to find work. He was poor, and found work digging for gold in a California gold mine. Slave labor...his wages were a pittance compared to the gold mine profits. He and his family lived in a tent, while my grandmother was carrying her third child...no medical benefits, no 401k, no life insurance, and no compensation. He should have gotten filthy rich. Where was profit sharing in those days?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 11:14 am
cjhsa wrote:
My wife is of all things part Canadian. Where's our check?

Talk to that horse faced Prince across the pond.....
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 11:15 am
My family "was asked to leave" Philadelphia in 1783 and went to New Brunswick Canada. In 1839 New Brunswick and Maine decide to have a war and as a result the border was shifted and we landed back in the US. We have demonstrably be the victims of American imperialism and I demand compensation for loss, pain and suffering.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 11:16 am
LaughingLaughing
You're on today, Bear! Must be the snow.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 03:01 pm
Yes, bear, you do deserve more money if you're Irish. Not only were we persecuted in America, but look at what the British did to us for centuries before that. We deserve to be compensated by Britain, too.

Oh, and I forgot something. My husband is Texan. I goddam oughta get somethin' for that!!!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 03:43 pm
Well, Bear, the Vikings got their due this year. The Cardinals beat 'em on the last play of the game.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 03:50 pm
Im Acadian. Need I say more. I want justice!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 03:58 pm
Be careful the real Canadians don't catch you Montana. They'll tie you up and force you to listen to the McKenzie Brothers until you become one of them.

Take off, you hoser! Eh!

http://www.geocities.com/mckenziebrothers/
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 04:18 pm
I am the descendant of:

1) Scots [25%] Where is my check from the British government for all those years of oppression and death!

2) English [25%] Where is my check from the Normans (present day France), Vikings (present day Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland) and all the other countries that invaded my ancestors lands.

3) Italian [50%] For all the invasions and misery that were caused when my Roman ancestors were invaded, I would like reparations from:
Carthage (North Africa)
Germania, Huns, Goths, Visigoths and Vandals (All of Europe and parts of Asia)

I will accept cash, check (with proper ID) or credit card.

My thanks to all the nations involved ... you evil oppressors you! Smile Very Happy Laughing
0 Replies

Noah The African

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 04:45 pm
You folks received your reparations via the land stolen from Native Americans and the centuries of African slave Labor used make this a wealth country in the agrarian era. Empirical evidence shows that most groups have lifted themselves up by putting others down or benefited if they were not directly involved. Your ancestors were exploited on another continent. Other people lifted themselves up by putting your ancestors down. However, all those who immigrated to America lifted themselves up from the inheritance and booty gained from putting down the Natives and the Africans. Thus, you all no longer have a case due to the fact that you migrated away from the land and people that oppressed your people and are now living off the crimes against humanity against natives and Africans.
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 04:58 pm
Umm ... excuse me Noah.
My family came to this America long after any of the above mentioned events happened.

My Mother (Half English/Half Scot) came to this country from Liverpool England in 1960.

On my Fathers side, my Grandfather came to America from Italy in 1914 as a trained Medical Doctor and was not allowed to practice medicine in the U.S. because they didn't give medical licences to Wops. He drove a taxi for over 30 years and was grateful for what this country offered him and his family. My Grandmother came to America when she was a child (also from Italy).

I do NOT accept anyone elses burden of guilt for things that occurred before I was born ... If you are going to start talking about my 'peoples' obligation to any ethnic group, I will point out that slavery was illegal in England for many years before slaves were brought to the New World and slavery was illegal in Italy for many centuries before THAT.

I do not accept the premise that I owe anyone ANYTHING (other than the finance company for my truck loan).

Any debts that you think American whites owed your people were long since paid off in blood at places like Anteidem, Chickamauga, Gettysburg, Bull Run and hundreds of other places when white men died to buy your freedom with their lives.
(/rant off)
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 05:02 pm
Noah,

How can you assert that "peoples" share guilt?

Do you personally feel guilty if a black man commits a crime? That's absurd.

I am only responsible for MY actions.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2004 05:17 pm
The above is all highly amusing, but a wee bit flat as satire. White folks (of which I am one) have all the advantages in this country, regardless of the hard times our ancestors may have had. Most, if not all, arrived of their own free will, hoping to find a better life. They did not arrive as slaves.

While I don't argue for reparations, there is a difference.
0 Replies