Bob Wells died today.

JLNobody

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 12:56 pm
@wandeljw,
I agree. It's a form of stupidity to be a knee-jerk anything. Frankly, I can't read The Nation without some discomfort anymore because I can predict their position on anything: I feel like a member of their choir. It's just that conservative news/opinion outlets are worse, far worse. Is that another, perhaps more subtle, knee-jerk response?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 05:32 pm
@wandeljw,
Wandeljw, that's why he put down "Independent" on political forms.

I love that he managed to antagonize both liberals and moderates (not to mention far-right radicals) with his rational, literate arguments.
CalamityJane

Reply Sun 10 Jul, 2011 07:21 pm
@Diane,
How are you holding up, Diane?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 05:19 pm
@Diane,
Thinking of you today. Wondering how you, the menagerie and the garden are doing.
Izzie

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 05:22 pm
@ehBeth,
yep, went out to the garden with Maddie, she's just had a haircut, reminded me of SallyDawg - and red poppies - a change from Bobs oranges - was having a little natter to him.

((((((((((Diane))))))))))))) x
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 05:23 pm
hmmmm....

I was planning on bumping this thread up for a check in too.

How are you doing, ((( Diane ))) ?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 08:02 pm
Diane is getting a new computer.

I am answering as I'm not clear that she can, don't mean to intrude.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sun 24 Jul, 2011 11:21 pm
Oh dear, this is a shock. I came back to visit with you a2k people, but mainly to see if anything new, good or bad, happened to Dys and Diane. And, so, I know now that what I expected is true. Dys is no longer among us, at least his body isn't. Even if he didn't believe it (don't know what he believed), the spirit lives on.

Loved that guy in his crazy hat, the whole story of his meeting Diane, and, whoppo, love at first sight. How lucky you are, Diane, to know such a love, at 60! Brave, too, up and leaving that man after 32 years.

I think you'll be just fine, lovely lady. Look forward to those stories of Dys's life.

0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 09:23 pm
Missing Bob tonight. Poopity head.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 31 Jul, 2011 09:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
indeed.

I'm making some baked french fries for dinner.

my last conversation with him was about the difference between baking them, and frying them.

we both missed the oily ones.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 01:25 pm
I haven't stayed on top of this thread, so maybe this question has already come up. Do we have a date for the September ceremony yet? Now that it's August, I'd like to start with travel plans. Also, I have to go to Germany in September, and I don't want the two trips to step on each others' toes.
Diane

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 09:38 am
@Thomas,
My computer crashed a couple of weeks ago, Thomas. I haven't heard anymore about Bob's friends coming to Albuquerque in Sept. I understand that finances are even tighter than ever and it is probably a hardship for most.

Sorry, it was a lovely idea.

Diane
Izzie

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 09:39 am
@Diane,
Hello Diane - how are you hun?

x
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 09:44 am
@Diane,
Glad you can communicate with us if you want to.

We are all thinking about and concerned about how you are going.

Love and hugs

Deb
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 12:48 pm
@Diane,

Hugs to Diane, and other friends who may be looking in.

Fiona and I are hoping to have a week in Italy around then. We never seem to plan anything in enough time, but it may happen despite that.

Smile
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 13 Aug, 2011 01:52 pm
@Diane,
Finances here are tight, but if it were on a weekend, I would still try to come. I've just been waiting to hear a date from you, Diane.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2011 04:55 pm
Thinking. Of you.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 20 Aug, 2011 05:07 pm
@edgarblythe,
Yesterday, I called and left a message for Diane to call me, but she hasn't call yet. I will try again today.

BBB
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2011 09:10 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I talked to Diane yesterday. She's OK but working through her loss of Bob. She is going to drive up to Colorado next week to spend a few days with members of her family. This will be good for her.

BBB
dlowan

Reply Sun 21 Aug, 2011 04:07 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Thank you.
0 Replies