woiyo

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 09:31 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Well, giving EVERY citizen the right to vote has it's problems. The reality is many voters are uninformed and vote blindly based upon some misplaced loyalty, looks, feelings .. anything but the issues and the candidates experience.

parados

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 09:44 am
@woiyo,
If only the GOP candidates would spend time trying to educate the voters instead of preying upon the ignorance by scaring them. But they would much rather try to keep their ignorant voters in the booth while keeping the other sides ignorant voters out.
cicerone imposter

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 09:50 am
@parados,
Just look at the recent scare tactics used by the GOP on the subject of ebola. They wanted all flights from Africa canceled.

We had one death from ebola in the US. We have many more deaths just from other diseases and car accidents, and they make it a big deal about ebola.

They use scare tactics at every turn, and it seems many are dooped like they are.
coldjoint

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:09 am
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Just look at the recent scare tactics used by the GOP on the subject of ebola.

Look at the Democrats who blame Ebola on Republican budget cuts. Again, can you possibly get any dumber?
parados

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:30 am
@coldjoint,
Please find one democrat that blamed Ebola on the Republican budget cuts. I look forward to you backing up that idiotic statement.
Lustig Andrei

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:34 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Interesting. I believe that everyone should be encouraged to exercise their right to participate in elections. However, I also agree with woiyo that there are any number of voters choosing their candidates for all the wrong reasons.

I was amused by the quote from Greg Gutfeld that "with age comes wisdom" and the "older you get, the more conservative you get." I was quite conservative when I was at university. I was a member of the National Guard and very militaristic. I wanted to fight Communism and briefly considered applying for work with the CIA because I had a bi-lingual capability and one of those languages was an Iron Curtain language. My father was a Reagan Republican (although by that time he and I no longer saw eye to eye),

The older I got, the more I learned, the more "liberal" my outlook became. If Gutfeld is correct that "with age comes wisdom," then, at age 75, I have finally got the right outlook on politics and my own politics, while not radical, are somewhat left of center, I believe most people would describe me as "moderate."
coldjoint

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:43 am
@parados,
Quote:
Democrats Blame Republicans For Ebola

Quote:
Today the Agenda Project Action Fund launched “Republican Cuts Kill,” a multi-pronged blitzkrieg attack that lays blame for the Ebola crisis exactly where it belongs– at the feet of the Republican lawmakers. Like rabid dogs in a butcher shop, Republicans have indiscriminately shredded everything in their path, including critical programs that could have dealt with the Ebola crisis before it reached our country. Yesterday, a health worker tested positive for the virus — now, the effects of the GOP’s fanatical hatred for our government may finally be exposed.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/10/13/democrats-blame-republicans-for-ebola/
coldjoint

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:45 am
Quote:
The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/10/19/dems-embarrassing-attempt-to-blame-republican-for-ebola-collapses/
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:46 am
Quote:
The absurd claim that only Republicans are to blame for cuts to Ebola research

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/wp/2014/10/15/the-absurd-claim-that-only-republicans-are-to-blame-for-cuts-to-ebola-research/
0 Replies

parados

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:48 am
@coldjoint,
You do realize that blaming someone for a crisis is not the same thing as blaming them for Ebola, don't you?

No, I bet you can't tell the difference.

You haven't presented a single quote from a Democrat to support you original claim.
parados

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:50 am
@coldjoint,
I followed the link and this is what it said.
Quote:
The progressive tax-exempt charity group Agenda Project Action Fund produced a new Web ad directly blaming Republicans for “cutting” funding to fight the disease.

Cutting funding to fight the disease is NOT Ebola.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:50 am
@parados,

Quote:
You haven't presented a single quote from a Democrat to support you original claim.

Not 1 **** given.
parados

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:51 am
@coldjoint,
I realize you don't give a **** that you rely on your stupidity for everything you post. It's what makes the pink so endearing.
coldjoint

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 10:52 am
@parados,
Quote:
that you rely

As you rely on your supply of talking points. And progressive propaganda. Shill, Shill, Shill.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 11:02 am
Parados are you paid to post or not?
parados

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 11:11 am
@coldjoint,
Do monkeys fly out of your butt? Or do you post pink to try to hide from the pink elephants?

Why would anyone be paid to post on a website? That is ridiculous unless you are a GOP Senator trying to edit your wiki page to hide things from voters then you might pay someone. For you to even suggest someone is paid to post here shows how looney toons you are. You don't have any concept of the real world, do you?
coldjoint

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 11:12 am
@parados,
That is not an answer, Blowhole. Yes or no.
parados

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 11:18 am
@coldjoint,
Do you think I would be honest with you? How nice that you have such respect for me.

The answer is no.

Now, let me ask you one. Did you even graduate High School? (I'm sure I won't believe you whatever your response is because you tend to get so many facts wrong.)
coldjoint

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 11:23 am
@parados,
I do not believe you. And I don't think others do either.
revelette2

Thu 23 Oct, 2014 12:26 pm
Quote:
Money, or rather the lack of it, is a big part of the problem. NIH's purchasing power is down 23 percent from what it was a decade ago, and its budget has remained almost static. In fiscal year 2004, the agency's budget was $28.03 billion. In FY 2013, it was $29.31 billion -- barely a change, even before adjusting for inflation. The situation is even more pronounced at the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, a subdivision of NIH, where the budget has fallen from $4.30 billion in FY 2004 to $4.25 billion in FY 2013. (

source

They were not blaming the fact that Ebola has spread on republicans, they were saying truthfully, if their budget allowed, they would have been in a better position to handle the crises.