RexRed

Thu 23 Jun, 2011 01:21 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

Most of our citizens are like my wife. They dont want to hear about the Koches of this world and their propaganda machine and the lies they tell. They would rather watch a bunch of dancers and singers on tv than search for the truth.
I like watching dancers too, but it is hard to dance from a sweat shop. Two months ago I did not even know who the Koch brothers were. All their lie campaign has managed to do is place them into a negative spotlight. When you run around telling lies you get a reputation of being a liar. Once people learn you have lied to them once then they develop a general mistrust of everything you say from then on in. This goes for the Koch brother and their republican puppets. Integrity in business and politics is vital if a company or party wants to maintain their client/voter base.
RABEL222

Thu 23 Jun, 2011 09:14 am
@RexRed,
But most organizations that the Koches and their ilk back, cover up the fact that they are associated with them. Since the ultra conserative Supreme Court equated free speech with money these organizations can make up names such as "americans for free choices" and refuse to tell who donates their operating funds. One has to go deep to find this information. Most times one has to read their propaganda to find out what they are espousing. If I knew who was backing what organization it would save me a lot of reading!!!
RexRed

Thu 23 Jun, 2011 11:04 am
@RABEL222,
RABEL222 wrote:

But most organizations that the Koches and their ilk back, cover up the fact that they are associated with them. Since the ultra conserative Supreme Court equated free speech with money these organizations can make up names such as "americans for free choices" and refuse to tell who donates their operating funds. One has to go deep to find this information. Most times one has to read their propaganda to find out what they are espousing. If I knew who was backing what organization it would save me a lot of reading!!!
These laws will be changed if America is wise enough to elect democrats to a majority of the house and senate next election.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 23 Jun, 2011 11:08 am
@RexRed,
RexRed wrote:

On Voting Liberal Progressive Democrats Out Of Office

Fixed it for you... carry on.

RexRed

Thu 23 Jun, 2011 11:32 am
I think the feds are trying their best. Times have changed and conventional methods of governing need to evolve with the times. This is a very simple discussion and in my opinion people should have the right to film cops (at their own risk). As I said cops are civil servants meaning they serve the public and are not above the public's right to scrutiny. What this police officer did to this woman was self serving.
0 Replies

RexRed

Thu 23 Jun, 2011 11:44 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

RexRed wrote:

On Voting Liberal Progressive Democrats Out Of Office

Fixed it for you... carry on.

Not gonna happen. Remember it is "we the people" not we the filthy stinking rich. And we the people decide who will govern us. The more informed the people become about who governs them the more they will vote in their OWN favor. The larger the gap between the very rich and the very poor becomes the closer to a democratic revolution this country will come.

As for our military they are not the very rich either.. and if push comes to shove who do you think they will side with?

The greedy republicans have backed the wrong horse and it it will cost them dearly in the ballot box. Attacking union rights for cops? How asinine! That is like cutting their nose off to spite their face. And they don't think this will have consequences in the voting booth?

They forget what Christianity did to Rome. Christianity spread from living room to living room not from board meeting to board meeting.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 23 Jun, 2011 11:48 am
Quote:
Voting Republicans Out Of Office

That's not going to happen - America is sick and tired of Obama and his democrats.
RABEL222

Thu 23 Jun, 2011 12:07 pm
@H2O MAN,
Squirt is a paid republican operative. I bet he cant screw a coupling on a piece of pipe!
0 Replies

RexRed

Thu 23 Jun, 2011 12:41 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Quote:
Voting Republicans Out Of Office

That's not going to happen - America is sick and tired of Obama and his democrats.
Yea America would rather have their health insurance cut off the moment they get sick.

America would rather still be in Iraq.

American would rather that nukes are still floating all over Europe unchecked.

America would rather that the Obama wall street reforms are undone so the banks can rip us the **** off again...

Those terrible Obama democrats! We need a return to the Bush doctrine and those bloody tax breaks for the rich! (cynical)
RexRed

Sat 25 Jun, 2011 10:40 pm
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2011/06/25/254183/four-ways-justice-david-prosser-can-be-removed-from-office/
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 27 Jun, 2011 08:26 pm
Walker Booed at Devil’s Lake
By Matthew Rothschild, June 25, 2011
Wis. Gov. Scott Walker came to Devil’s Lake State Park Saturday morning for a ceremony honoring the centennial of the park, but he found more protesters there than well-wishers.
An hour before Walker spoke, about 80 protesters gathered at the entrance of the park and walked in a procession that was led by two of the organizers, Sue and Tom Holmes, Sue was carrying an American flag and Tom the Wisconsin state flag.
Another organizer, Gail Lamberty, told the group at the outset: “We are here to deliver a message: This is our Wisconsin , and Devil’s Lake State Park is very, very dear to our heart.”
“We have a very strong and proud tradition of environmental protection in Wisconsin ,” said Tom, citing the legacy of Aldo Leopold and Gaylord Nelson and former state representative Spencer Black. “All this is now in peril.”
“We felt it was important that Walker not have his phony photo-op,” added Sue. “Our state parks are not for sale.” And though Walker hasn’t proposed that yet, Sue said: “I wouldn’t put it past him. Nothing surprises me anymore.”
Sharon Davis, 46, a waitress in Baraboo, held a sign that said: “Scott Walker No Friend of Parks.”
A lot of the protesters also objected to Walker ’s all-out assault on workers’ rights and progressive policies across the board.
“I’m here because I love my state, and Walker is bringing it down,” said Marla Edl, 49. She has two part-time jobs. One is with the state. The huge cut in pay that Walker has enacted is going to hurt her “big time,” she said. “I don’t know how I’m going to make it.” Her other part-time job is cleaning a couple of places, she said.
Leighton Tim, 73, from Germantown , was wearing a hat that said “CWA retiree.” He’s a past president of his Communication Workers of America local. “I don’t like what Walker ’s doing to public employees and teachers,” he said. “He’s making them the fall guys. They’re not the problem. The problem is greed.”
When the procession arrived at the lake, more protesters joined in. There were about 200 protesters surrounding the 100 people who were seated in front of a podium, with the lake as a backdrop.
But it wasn’t a great backdrop for Walker because there were 12 boats— kayaks, canoes, a couple motorboats, and a large sailboat—in the water with signs that read: “Walker Smells Fishy,” “Walker Jump in the Lake,” “Civil Consternation Board,” “Walker Crimes Against Nature,” “Support State Workers,” and “Recall Walker, ASAP.”
When Walker arrived, the protesters, many holding signs (one said “Walker, You Are Toxic to Wisconsin ’s Environment”), erupted in chants of “Shame, Shame, Shame!” And then they chanted: “ Wisconsin is not for sale.”
When he was introduced, he got a big round of boos from the protesters and applause from those in the seats.
He spoke for about fifteen minutes, blathering on about his time as a
Boy Scout at Devil’s Lake and then making jokes about how he and his
sons liked to camp out but his wife liked to stay in a hotel so they
bought a camper.
While he was talking, the protesters didn’t interrupt him. But when he was through, he got more shouts of “Shame” and someone from out in the lake yelled, “Take a hike, Walker .”
After the program was finished, Walker shook hands, while protesters just a few feet away held their signs high denouncing him.
As he was hustled into his black suburban, a protester put a pink poster on his windshield that read: “Walker, Your Pink Slip Is Coming.”
And as he sped away, a protester yelled: “The devil has left the lake.”
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 27 Jun, 2011 08:27 pm
June 27, 2011 1:08 p.m. |(91) Comments
Madison - The Dane County Sheriff's Office is investigating a claim by Supreme Court Justice Ann Walsh Bradley that Justice David Prosser put her in a chokehold earlier this month.
"After consulting with members of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, I have turned over the investigation into an alleged incident in the court's offices on June 13, 2011 to Dane County Sheriff Dave Mahoney," Capitol Police Chief Charles Tubbs said in a statement. "Sheriff Mahoney has agreed to investigate this incident. . . . "
It was not immediately clear why Tubbs would consult with the court on who should investigate the matter.
Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne said he has not talked to law enforcement about the incident but would review anything that is referred to him.
"As far as I know, nothing at this point has been referred to our office," Ozanne said Monday.
After reports were published Saturday about the incident, Bradley told the Journal Sentinel that Prosser "put his hands around my neck in anger in a chokehold." Prior to Bradley giving her account, Prosser issued a statement saying reports quoting anonymous sources would be proven false. He declined comment Monday.
All justices but N. Patrick Crooks were in Bradley's suite of offices when the incident happened. None of them but Bradley have spoken publicly about it.
The confrontation happened after hours June 13 as the justices argued in Bradley's chambers over a case challenging how the Legislature passed a controversial plan to sharply limit collective bargaining for public employees. The next day the court released the decision, which ruled 4-3 that the measure was passed properly and should go into place.
Capitol Police Chief Charles Tubbs met with all seven justices about the incident involving Prosser and Bradley, sources said. Tubbs has not spoken about the incident, but is expected to release a statement Monday.
It is unclear if Tubbs or his officers investigated the incident at the time, if he met with them in an informal setting to help them get along, or both.
Threatening or assaulting a judge is a felony, and those found guilty of it are subject to penalties of up to $10,000 and six years in prison. Simple battery is a misdemeanor with a maximum punishment of a $10,000 fine and nine months in jail. But it was not clear if either of those statutes would be invoked in this case.
The state Judicial Commission, which enforces the state judicial ethics code, is looking into the case, according to the Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism . But the commission could have trouble if it launched an investigation because matters of judicial ethics are decided solely by the Supreme Court. In this case, two justices were involved in the matter and four others were witnesses.
The commission conducts investigations in secret. If it concludes a judge violated the judicial ethics code, it issues a formal complaint. The matter is then heard by a special panel made up of three appeals court judges. (Under state law, its cases can be heard by a jury instead of the judicial panel, though that has never happened in past cases.)
The judicial panel then makes a recommendation to the Supreme Court on whether it believes the judge violated the ethics code and, if so, what punishment should be imposed. The Supreme Court would then render its ruling.
Jim Alexander, director of the commission, did not immediately return a call Monday.
The state Department of Justice is not investigating the matter at this time, a spokesman said Monday.
Joel DeSpain, a spokesman for the Madison Police Department, said his agency was not involved.
Ozanne, the Dane County district attorney and a Democrat, was involved in the case Bradley and Prosser were arguing about just before the altercation. Ozanne said Monday if law enforcement recommends charges he will review whether he has a conflict of interest. When there are conflicts, he refers cases to special prosecutors, he said.
The court for years has been cloven by ideological and personal differences. Prosser blew up at Chief Justice Shirley Abrahamson in closed session in February 2010, calling her a "bitch," threatening to "destroy" her and saying when he did so it "won't be a ground war."
"Perhaps the most troubling aspect of this stunning development is how given all that we have learned about the court in recent years how untroubling many (people) are likely to find this," said Marquette Law School professor Peter Rofes. "Entirely apart from the obvious violent nature of this act - and the fear it engendered in a female member of the court - as each day passes the people of Wisconsin have less reason to believe that there is very much legitimacy left in this incredibly important institution."
Cary Spivak of the Journal Sentinel staff contributed to this report
0 Replies

RexRed

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 12:04 am
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#43648955
0 Replies

RexRed

Thu 7 Jul, 2011 10:03 pm
Love of money is supposedly a sin too...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#43679378
0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 9 Jul, 2011 01:02 am
Anal incontinence...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#43693216
0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 9 Jul, 2011 01:12 am
Republican haters of God's green earth.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/#43693355
0 Replies

RexRed

Sat 9 Jul, 2011 10:32 pm
http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/07/does-bobby-jindal-think-women-seeking-abortions-are-criminals
0 Replies

mysteryman

Sat 9 Jul, 2011 10:52 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:

You conveniently forget the fact that the plan to leave Iraq was negotiated under the Bush admin, Obama had nothing to do with it.
He just happened to be president when the plan went into effect.

Quote:
American would rather that nukes are still floating all over Europe unchecked

What makes you think that there arent nukes in Europe now?
France, England, Germany, and several other European countries all have nukes, so there are still nukes in Europe.
Walter Hinteler

Sat 9 Jul, 2011 11:32 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:

France, England, Germany, and several other European countries all have nukes, so there are still nukes in Europe.

France, the UK and Russia are the only Europeancountries known to have nukes.
There are of course US-nukes in a couple of more countries - but "Germany, and several other European countries all have nukes"???
0 Replies

RexRed

Sun 10 Jul, 2011 03:23 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Quote:

You conveniently forget the fact that the plan to leave Iraq was negotiated under the Bush admin, Obama had nothing to do with it.
He just happened to be president when the plan went into effect.

Quote:
American would rather that nukes are still floating all over Europe unchecked

I did not say there were not nukes in Europe I said nukes in Europe "unchecked".

Remember I supported the Iraq war and still stand by that assertion. Obama campaigned on getting us out of Iraq so Bush had to make it look good for republicans and kowtow. What the republican party has become now is deplorable.

No amount of money in the world could convince me to vote for a republican. In Maine our Collins and Snowe are the only republican senators I tend to support.

Mark 8:36
For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?