Moment-in-Time

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 02:40 pm
@RexRed,
From a hypothetical point of view, if such were to be, the Dems would have to hold the senate. Right now it doesn't look too good but far better than last week. Anyway, Obama just might not want the job which would be so boring after the US presidency. But even if the Dems were to hold the senate barely, no Liberal would get through because of the Up side down House of Representatives which is ruled by Ted Cruz, darling of the Tea Party, even though he's in the senate, and John Boehner owes his mind and soul to the Tea Party.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 02:44 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
This, then, is the legacy of GWB, the consequences of the UNQUALIFIED Bush jr when he was president of the US. Lord help keep us safe from idiots with powerful influential friends who can sway the partisan United States Supreme Court. The US and the global universe is still suffering from that incompetent administration of GWB, the worse in American history.

You capitalize unqualified with Obama in office. http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/lolol.gifAnd Obama is the worst president. The people have already said so.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 02:50 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
What a lot of words that serve no purpose.

Why are you calling me a racist?
coldjoint

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 02:52 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

Good chance because you are right, and she is wrong.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 03:15 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
What a lot of words that serve no purpose.

I don't know factually that you're a diehard racist, simply because I'm not inside your mind and heart. However, if you condemn Obama and refuse to see the lingering crap left by GWB you're sounding like one. From day one of Obama's presidency, the Republican Party made a promise they would oppose everything this president did and they have not reneged on their promise. Obama could have done so much, like jobs to rebuild our infrastructure, but the congress refused to pass a jobs bill. The Republican Party did not care if the American people suffered in the process because their goal was to harm Obama, to make sure his administration failed. Yet, you continue to blame Obama. If you're not a hater/bigot, why are you so repulsively against Obama who has had to govern with one hand tied behind him?! Barack Obama is not super human, he is after all, just a man, and bleeds the same way you do!
Baldimo

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 03:26 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I knew it. I oppose Obama, so that makes me a racist. Good bye MIT. Enjoy.
Moment-in-Time

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 03:36 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

I knew it. I oppose Obama, so that makes me a racist. Good bye MIT. Enjoy.

Your response is absolutely ridiculous! For lack of a decent response you resort to the lowest common denominator, that of saying I call you a racist because you oppose Obama. You evidently are not a deep thinker and refuse to see the grays. There are posters whose ideology I disagree with but I don't feel they are racist in the normal sense of the word. I disagree with Walter Hinteler and Ci regarding Edward Snowden, but I still admire these men. Go in peace, Baldimo, you do not have an enemy in me.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 03:40 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I agree with everything you said, but there's also the other side of the coin that isn't always the republicans fault. I agree that Obama deserves credit for many things, but he's failed on many fronts.

He promised that he would present an immigration bill, but have now reneged on that promise - that seems politically motivated. His foreign policy of "do no harm" is not a policy.

When I wrote to Obama to lift the embargo on Cuba, he (or his henchmen) wrote back and told me they can't, because the Cuban people do not have freedoms. Why then do we trade with China, Vietnam, and Russia?

It was a total insult; its simplicity and ignorance will never be forgiven.
coldjoint

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 03:41 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Barack Obama is not super human, he is after all, just a man, and bleeds the same way you do!

http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/fap1.gif
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 04:09 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

He promised that he would present an immigration bill, but have now reneged on that promise - that seems politically motivated. His foreign policy of "do no harm" is not a policy.

Welcome back, CI. I missed you.

The immigration bill at this time is/was not feasible. If Obama had taken executive action allowing deportation to stop temporarily, it would have worked badly for many Democrats running for reelection in Red States. The TeaPublicans are against immigration saying (the Latinos do not vote for us anyway). Exercising Executive Action is a very delicate balance Obama has had to take politically. This is the political reality, and the GOP is already screeching "Obama think he is king and this is not a monarchy." Obama's heart is in the right place but in many instances like the immigration bill, his hands are tied; surely, we as thinking individuals must understand the many obstacles confronting this president. Voter restriction is underway in many parts of the south with Republican governors....the GOP is running scared they will never gain the top job again, the US presidency, because of the Latino vote coupled with the African American, Asian, Gay, moderate, Independent votes. Boehner even refuses to bring the immigration bill to the floor to be voted on.

Quote:
When I wrote to Obama to lift the embargo on Cuba, he (or his henchmen) wrote back and told me they can't, because the Cuban people do not have freedoms. Why then do we trade with China, Vietnam, and Russia?

It is the congress who has refused to lift the embargo on Cuba. It takes the Congress along with the President to work in harness to do this. Obama simply cannot lift this embargo by himself. Surely, you of all people, must realize how intransigent the GOP congress is. The Republicans refuse to compromise on anything. Today they are having a hearing on the man who jumped the fence onto the lawn of the White House. I have no doubt the Republicans in the end will blame Obama for this somehow, someway and he is the one who was the intended target.

Quote:
It was a total insult; its simplicity and ignorance will never be forgiven.

Hey, what can one say, CI. You are certainly entitled to your beliefs. This does not diminish my respect for you one iota.
cicerone imposter

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 04:54 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
You:
Quote:
Exercising Executive Action is a very delicate balance Obama has had to take politically. This is the political reality, and the GOP is already screeching "Obama think he is king and this is not a monarchy."

Me: He promised immigration reform. He shouldn't be making promises that he has no understanding of how government works.

You:
Quote:
It is the congress who has refused to lift the embargo on Cuba. It takes the Congress along with the President to work in harness to do this. Obama simply cannot lift this embargo by himself.

Me: Then why did his 'people' tell me “it's because the Cuban people do not have freedom?”
As a matter of fact, your opinion has more credibility than the one hisoffice offered. They just insulted my intelligence. What his henchmen writes represent him as our president, and I hold him 100% accountable for the kind of bull shyt that comes out of his office.

Yes, I have the rights to my opinion, and I stand by and make no apologies for them. It's people like you who hold up Obama too highly.
Moment-in-Time

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 06:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Me: Then why did his 'people' tell me “it's because the Cuban people do not have freedom?”

Because you are interacting within the political world of reality. Often the president's spokesmen will come out with diplomatic words designed to control a situation. Surely you realize it is the Congress in unison with the President who enacts the lifting of embargo against the Cuban people....the president cannot of his own ability do this. Besides, in Florida, there is a special interest group of Cubans who are against lifting the ban on official trade or other commercial activity with Cuba; these conservative Cubans usually vote Republican. The president campaigned on closing Guantanamo once he became president but were prevented from doing this by the Congress. They were even against trying the captured prisoners in US courts and housing them in one of our SuperMax prisons; this was obstructed by the TeaPublicans.

Quote:
They just insulted my intelligence.

If you felt insulted it's largely because of your failure to understand the politics involved or not truly understanding how the political system works.

Quote:
What his henchmen writes represent him as our president, and I hold him 100% accountable for the kind of bull shyt that comes out of his office.

I agree, you should hold Obama responsible for what comes out of his administration; however, failure to understand what motivates the kind of response and answers one get can be a flaw that belong to the individual.

Quote:
Yes, I have the rig It's people like you who hold up Obama too highly.

It's just that I empathize with this African American whose task at being president is far more of a burden than it has been for his predecessors. Barack Obama has attained the highest position in the US and he's had to deal with an intensely partisan congress who lambasts him at every term, even praising Putin over him. He got Bin Ladin, and the GOP made light of that. He passed the ACA and the Republicans even shut down the government, hoping Obama would rescind his legacy. Everything this president is for the GOP is against even when initially it had been their idea. But Obama is the first of his kind, and no one promised him a rose garden for breaking the glass ceiling. History will be fairer to him, I believe, for he's now made it possible for other ethnics to dare to hope, to try and reach the brass ring.
0 Replies

RexRed

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 07:06 pm
A word to all political parties concerned, liberty without honesty and impartial justice equals corruption...

Corruption is an escalating downward spiral...

Live with integrity even though others around you have chosen the path of dishonesty.

One must always confront dishonesty.
coldjoint

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 07:25 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:

For the last six years it has.
RexRed

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 07:46 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

For the last six years it has.

Yea it has, in the Republican party!

If the GOP will toss Jesus under the bus with Koch bros money and Ayn Rand greed philosophy how will the Democrats ever withstand such an attack after the GOP have been marginalized?
cicerone imposter

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 07:56 pm
@RexRed,
Some believe that the difficulty of politics allows them to lie and tell their constituents whatever they want that excuses them from the truth.

What a bucket of bull shyt! No wonder this government of ours doesn't work.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 08:07 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:

The Republicans are not in the WH. The corruption in this administration is epic.
RexRed

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 08:22 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

The Republicans are not in the WH. The corruption in this administration is epic.

The Republicans are in The House and that has been enough to cripple our government and at times bring it to a complete halt so their selfish billionaire masters can pollute our ecology, economy, schools, courts and politicians... etc...

When the GOP were in the White House they gleefully took us into wars and untold billions (with a b) disappeared to frivolous private endeavors that were purely and unabashedly corrupt!

Do you remember when George W. Bush gave Pakistan's Musharraf over a billion dollars for their military and while in transit it "disappeared"? Never to be heard of again.

If Obama lost a billion dollars "accidentally", in Pakistan of all places, what would be the consequences?

Please don't give me another racist answer I haven't the stomach for it...
coldjoint

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 09:33 pm
@RexRed,
Get you get through one post without "racist" or "hater" in it?
hawkeye10

Tue 30 Sep, 2014 10:04 pm
Quote:
Republicans have an overwhelming advantage over Democrats when people are asked which party they trust to handle national security issues. In the latest CBS poll, Republicans have a 20-point lead on this question and respondents have elevated national security issues to their second-most important concern.

Given all that the Bush lead invasion of Iraq cost us for little gain this is extraordinary. It goes to show how inept Obama and the D's are seen to be at exercising power on the world stage.