Frank Apisa

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 04:18 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Remember, Obama said that we don't leave anybody "wearing an
American uniform" behind.
So, that little phrase means that any civilians kidnapped by the Taliban are on their own, the govt will do nothing to help them.

He's damned if he does...and damned if he doesn't.

Obama should do what he thinks is correct...and just not give a damn what the nuts on the right think. He will never please them....even if he does exactly what they ask him to do. If he did...they would instantly change what they want to something else.

The American right has become beyond nuts.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 04:19 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
He should answer, not you.

He has, your ilk won't listen to him. You guys are too busy trying to bring him down. Shame on you.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 04:21 pm
@RexRed,
He's got a longer list than that hanging like an albatross around his pencil neck.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 04:24 pm
@coldjoint,
Yeah and when you'll find finally pulling out of your state of denial and admitting your sin and going and sinning no more will actually liberate you.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 04:25 pm
@Frank Apisa,
The radical right is nuts, I agree with that.
However, since Obama did use those words, it did give him an out if he needed it.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 04:29 pm
@coldjoint,
That's so wrong on so many ******* levels. What has happened to you to screw your values and world view up so terribly bad beyond all recognition around into borderline sociopathy? What is your major malfunction? Shame the **** on you!
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 04:32 pm
@RexRed,
Gut $180 million from the State security budget and then blame the President for failure. They killed four people in their effort to make the President fail.

And they did come home with a day or so of their GOP inspired murder.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 04:33 pm
@RexRed,
No argument. He's here to throw his feces.
0 Replies

foundednotlost

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 04:33 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:

When will free society rid ourselves of the vile and hateful CJ?

Why do you even bother to exchange dialogue with ColdSnot? If a poster disturbed me so much I would not acknowledge his presence at all.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 04:37 pm
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

The radical right is nuts, I agree with that.
However, since Obama did use those words, it did give him an out if he needed it.

He, and most politicians, are adept at using language that gives them an out, MM.

I sometimes do it myself! Wink

But the bottom line is that no matter what he does in matters like this...the right immediately swells with indignation.

You can almost bet that if he made a decision to leave Bergdahl there...or if a different kind of deal had been made...

...the same people indignant over this would be highly indignant over the alternative.

Like I said...he's gotta do what he thinks best...and to hell with trying to please those who simply will not be pleased.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 04:48 pm
@mysteryman,
There are remains returned from Viet Nam, Korea, Europe, the Asian theater of WWII continuing right up to now. Every administration has expended much effort to repatriate war dead.

http://www.militarytimes.com/article/20140331/NEWS/303310047/Hagel-orders-overhaul-remains-recovery-mission
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 04:52 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Into cold calculated sociopathy.
0 Replies

foundednotlost

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 05:16 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:

Gut $180 million from the State security budget and then blame the President for failure. They killed four people in their effort to make the President fail.

The Republican Party's sole purpose to date is to undermine everything president Barack Obama does and blame him, whose father was a Kenyan, to teach him and other wannabe minorities not to overreach their "inferior" status in America. The Republican's primary goal is to cause the president so many problems that he will fail by the sheer volume of made up conspiracies. This climate will continue to take its toll on the president's poll ratings. How dare a black or any other minority take the most powerful position in America from the rightful owners, the white man. No black or any other minorities are meant to be president of the US according to the Republicans.
bobsal u1553115

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 05:20 pm
@foundednotlost,
Well put in a very few words. Tea has not proven to be a good thing for the GOP.
mysteryman

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 05:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Like I said...he's gotta do what he thinks best...and to hell with trying to please those who simply will not be pleased.

Agreed, and I have no problem with that.
However, even the WH has admitted that they violated the law about notifying congress before the trade was made, they didn't give congress the required 30 day notice.
Now, the President said that the deal had to be done ASAP or it wouldn't get done at all, and I am satisfied with that explanation. But that does not change the fact that they did violate the letter of the law.

I heard on NPR today that the WH is saying that they didn't trust congress not to leak the fact that the govt was talking to the Taliban, and I don't buy that explanation.
They consulted with congressional leaders of both parties during the planning of the operation that got OBL, and that wasn't leaked.

Either way, the radical right is making a big deal about nothing, IMHO.
And remember, I am a conservative also, but in this case the radical right is 100% wrong and are making fools of themselves.
parados

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 05:44 pm
@mysteryman,
Quote:
However, even the WH has admitted that they violated the law about notifying congress before the trade was made, they didn't give congress the required 30 day notice.
Now, the President said that the deal had to be done ASAP or it wouldn't get done at all, and I am satisfied with that explanation. But that does not change the fact that they did violate the letter of the law.

The law does allow for not informing Congress under certain circumstances.
Then there is the question of whether that particular part of the law is constitutional where it requires the commander in chief to inform Congress before he acts in that capacity.
It will be litigated for a long time if anyone wants to really charge a violation of the law and it is unclear what the actual result would be.
0 Replies

foundednotlost

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 06:07 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Tea has not proven to be a good thing for the GOP.

What's happening now is akin to a feeding frenzy, a bloodlust to get Obama. They will do something similar to Hillary, but Obama is a special case, a non-white who dared to aspire to the presidency, win it two times, and that was just too much for the Teaparty and Republicans. They are pulling their hair out by the roots. Mr. Green
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 07:15 pm
Job Openings in U.S. Climb to Highest Since September ’07

By Victoria Stilwell Jun 10, 2014 9:30 AM CT

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-06-10/job-openings-in-u-s-rose-by-289-000-in-april-to-4-46-million.html

Job openings in the U.S. climbed to an almost seven-year high in April as employers sought more workers to help manage stronger demand in a rebounding economy.

The number of positions waiting to be filled in the U.S. rose by 289,000 to 4.46 million in April, the highest since September 2007, the Labor Department reported today in Washington. The pace of firing also rose.

The figures, which are among nine labor-market measures monitored by Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen, corroborate other data that show further improvement in the job market. Payrolls have climbed by an average almost 214,000 workers a month so far in 2014 compared with about 204,000 at the same point last year.

“Job openings are a measure of the demand for labor, so in general, you like to see a rising trend,” said Ryan Wang, an economist at HSBC Securities USA Inc.. “There’s been improvement in the labor turnover figures and business surveys also suggest that conditions are gradually improving.”

The Job Openings and Labor Turnover Survey, or JOLTS, adds context to monthly payrolls data by measuring dynamics such as resignations, help-wanted ads and the pace of hiring. Although it lags other jobs data by a month, the figures are tracked by Yellen as a measure of labor-market tightness and worker confidence.

Today’s figures showed the number of people hired was little changed at 4.71 million in April, keeping the hiring rate at 3.4 percent, compared with an average 2.8 percent during the previous expansion. The gauge calculates the number of hires during the month divided by the number of employees who worked or received pay during that period.

Job openings increased at manufacturers, leisure and hospitality companies, retailers and professional and business service providers. They fell at construction firms.
Quits Rate

Some 2.47 million people quit their jobs in April, up from 2.46 million the prior month. The quits rate, which shows the willingness of workers to leave their jobs, held at 1.8 percent in April, down from a 2.1 percent reading when the recession started almost six years ago.

The data provide a glimpse “of the health of the economy,” Yellen said at a March 19 press conference at the conclusion of a two-day Federal Open Market Committee meeting.

“When workers are scared they won’t be able to get other jobs, they show a reduced willingness to quit their jobs,” Yellen said. “Quit rates now are below normal pre-recession levels, but on the other hand, they have come up over time, and so we’ve seen improvement.”
Online Postings

As Daniel Culbertson, 28, looked for new jobs in the economics field, he used the job-posting search engine Indeed.com to wade through opportunities online. His search ended the same place it began when he found a position as an economic research analyst with Indeed in Austin, Texas. He started yesterday.

“I had a pretty good temperature of how the labor market was,” said Culbertson, who left a job at another research firm for his new position. “I wouldn’t have been surprised if it took a little longer given the current economic climate. It was certainly easier than when I graduated from undergrad in 2008, when the economy really took a downturn.”

Dismissals, which exclude retirements and people who quit voluntarily, rose to 1.65 million from 1.64 million in March.

In the 12 months ended in April, the economy created a net 2.2 million jobs, representing about 55.1 million hires and 52.8 million separations.

Today’s figures indicate there are about 2.2 people vying for every opening, up from about 1.8 when the last recession began in December 2007.
May Employment

Employment data released last month showed payrolls pushed past their pre-recession peak in May, with a 217,000 advance in hiring following a 282,000 gain in April. It marked the fourth consecutive month employment increased by more than 200,000, the first time that’s happened since early 2000.

Fed officials are watching the labor market as they get closer to completing their bond-purchase program later this year and start considering the timing of the first interest-rate increase since 2006. The Fed’s Open Market Committee has pared its monthly asset-buying to $45 billion and said further reductions in measured steps are likely.

To contact the reporter on this story: Victoria Stilwell in Washington at [email protected]

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Carlos Torres at [email protected] Vince Golle
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 08:12 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
When will free society rid ourselves of the vile and hateful CJ?

When will free society live admit that being scared to talk about Islam proves they(Islam) don't belong in a free society. You have no idea what freedom really means, do you?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Tue 10 Jun, 2014 08:14 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
You guys are too busy trying to bring him down. Shame on you.

And where do you think we learned that? You think it was before or after progressives perfected the craft.
0 Replies