parados

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 11:55 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
This would be the easy explanation for you guys wouldn't it. Place the blame on the insurance companies and my job instead of on the govt who created the problem.

If you can provide evidence that your insurance costs NEVER went up prior to the ACA then you might have an argument.

Blaming one thing without evidence seems to be what you want to do. When we ask for evidence you somehow can't provide any actual evidence about your policy.

Quote:
If everything is so great why all the delays? How is the employer mandate going to effect my costs?
Why would the employer mandate affect your costs since your employer already offers you insurance that now meets the ACA. As a covered employee you are not part of the ACA pool next year so your rates have nothing to do with ACA coverage at this point.
parados

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 11:56 am
@coldjoint,
The Pink Prevaricator wrote:

That is because I do not need excuses. You can tell someone else what you require of them. I am not playing your game.

I think we all know you are playing with yourself.

And losing.
coldjoint

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 11:58 am
@parados,
Quote:
I think we all know

Who cares? Not one **** given here.
Baldimo

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:09 pm
@parados,
I have stated many times that my insurance has gone up in the past but only by about $20 or $50 a month, not $200. I'm sorry you ignore this fact but I have stated it several times.

The ACA started and there was a dramatic rise in my costs. The govt has mandated the insurance companies add things to insurance plans that might not have been there before. You see this a good thing and we will have to disagree. You can't add people and coverage to a system and not expect the price to go up.
coldjoint

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:14 pm
One of the "we"
Quote:
Prof. Brent Terry teaches Introduction to Creative Writing at Eastern Connecticut State University. In a lecture Monday morning, he said that Republicans are “racist, misogynistic, money-grubbing people” who want to turn the clock back and keep blacks and Latinos from voting. The Republican Party was founded to end slavery while the Democrats started a civil war to preserve slavery, but ESCU’s history department probably doesn’t teach that. He also said that if the Republicans win the Senate this fall, America will be a “very, very different kind of country” in which colleges will start closing up.

Hey Brent, you are a hater. Typical "we" syndrome.

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2014/04/22/professor-tells-students-to-hate-republicans/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:24 pm
@Baldimo,
Because it fits.
0 Replies

parados

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:25 pm
@coldjoint,
The Pink Prevaricator wrote:

Who cares? Not one **** given here.

Obviously you are not giving out fucks since you are playing with yourself.
parados

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:26 pm
@Baldimo,
So even you realize that your claim it went up based on the ACA is specious without evidence.
coldjoint

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:28 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Obviously you are not giving out fucks since you are playing with yourself.

Obviously you are avoiding discussing anything in the posts. I know they show your side in a very unflattering light. Anything else that has nothing to do with progressive lies surfacing more and more every day?
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:41 pm
@parados,
Not at all. I look at the amount it went up. I have NEVER had an insurance increase of that much.

When the govt mandates things, it is never cheaper. You can't face that, and that is where we have an issue.

You can't prove that the ACA didn't raise my costs.
cicerone imposter

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:45 pm
@parados,
He doesn't seem to realize the 'real' world where many companies have dropped the health care benefit - all while increasing the employee share of the premium.

From kff.org.
Quote:
This annual survey of employers provides a detailed look at trends in employer-sponsored health coverage, including premiums, employee contributions, cost-sharing provisions, and other relevant information. The 2013 survey included almost three thousand interviews with non-federal public and private firms.

Annual premiums for employer-sponsored family health coverage reached $16,351 this year, up 4 percent from last year, with workers on average paying $4,565 towards the cost of their coverage, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation/Health Research & Educational Trust (HRET) 2013 Employer Health Benefits Survey.

That's $380 per month. If Baldimno's premium under ACA went up $200 per month, he's now paying $580 per month under ACA.

According to the ACA premium calculator, there is no $580 per month premium level.

He lies once again!

TNCFS
Baldimo

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 12:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I don't have coverage under the ACA! Why do you keep saying that I do?
parados

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 01:02 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Not at all. I look at the amount it went up. I have NEVER had an insurance increase of that much.

When the govt mandates things, it is never cheaper. You can't face that, and that is where we have an issue.

You can't prove that the ACA didn't raise my costs.

Wow... so now lack of evidence is evidence. Drunk
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 01:03 pm
@Baldimo,
No; what I'm trying to point out to you is that you claimed you would pay $200 more per month under ACA. That's an outright LIE.
parados

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 01:05 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

So, did your company pay for most of the past increases?
Did you company decrease it's share this year passing more than the policy increase on to you?
Did someone in your pool have major medical bills last year driving up policy costs?

There are so many variables that you don't have the answer to that it's impossible to say if the increase you are paying is even an increase on the policy and you certainly don't have the info to compare it to other increases.
Baldimo

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 01:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
You don't pay attention do you?

My company health plan went up $200 this year. The American public was told we would see a savings of $2400 a year. My cost went up that much this year.

What part of this are you missing?
cicerone imposter

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 01:15 pm
@Baldimo,
You wrote on page 349,
Quote:
My costs under the ACA have gone up $200 a month.

You don't even know what you've written. You're a lost cause, and DUMB!
0 Replies

Baldimo

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 01:16 pm
@parados,
Wow every excuse under the sun except for where the blame belongs. Why can't you admit that the ACA has driven up costs. The govt forced a change on the American people and you can't admit that it isn't going to work.

Every time someone has a story that doesn't fit what you think the ACA is supposed to do, you blame the person. Maybe you should turn around and blame the policy.
parados

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 01:22 pm
@Baldimo,
Not every excuse, just some likely reasons. Hardly every possible reason.

Is it possible that the increase was from the ACA? Yes. Is it likely the entire increase was from the ACA? Not likely at all. There are other reasons why your insurance has gone up in the past. None of those reasons became non existent this year in spite of your claims that they all did.

I will be happy to blame the ACA if you can give me convincing reasons other than "your policy cost went up." That isn't a reason. That is simply you assigning blame without facts. I have tried to ascertain the facts by eliminating other reasons but you haven't provided one shred of evidence yet to eliminate any of the other reasons. In light of that, all those reasons are still possible.
Advocate

Tue 22 Apr, 2014 01:26 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Wow every excuse under the sun except for where the blame belongs. Why can't you admit that the ACA has driven up costs. The govt forced a change on the American people and you can't admit that it isn't going to work.

Every time someone has a story that doesn't fit what you think the ACA is supposed to do, you blame the person. Maybe you should turn around and blame the policy.

Reps are very good at manufacturing anecdotes, mostly lies or distortions, at the drop of a hat. They rarely represent the truth about a government program.
0 Replies