coldjoint

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 03:16 pm
@wmwcjr,
Again you are able to comprehend what so many can't. None of this should be personal. But I don't make the rules here. Liberals and dreamers do. I reply in kind, and will continue to reply in kind.

You probably know that is impossible to insult a humble man. When the others figure that out things might change.
RexRed

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 03:20 pm
State TV says Russia could turn US to 'radioactive ash'
http://news.yahoo.com/state-tv-says-russia-could-turn-us-radioactive-212003397.html
izzythepush

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 03:27 pm
@RexRed,
Of course it could, MAD hasn't gone away. Sounds like empty rhetoric, let's see how it plays when the price of bread doubles.
0 Replies

raprap

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 03:41 pm
@wmwcjr,
Good to know you don't suffer fools well.

Rap
0 Replies

raprap

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 03:49 pm
@RexRed,
Buffoonery. The land sites may all be targeted but he Isn't a fool. There are still about 70 boomers out there, each with about 16 mirved delivery systems.

Putin doesn't want to be responsible for an ELA.

Rap
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 03:52 pm
‘We have a turnout issue’
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/we-have-turnout-issue
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 03:56 pm
@coldjoint,
I agree that you have every right to reply in kind. The problem is that eventually people forget who started it. Insofar as these A2K forums are concerned, this problem is not limited to political controversies. There have even been a few longstanding grudges between several members that have nothing to do with politics but are entirely personal in nature.

The problem is not the A2K rules. Just about anyone can become a member, and freedom of speech is protected. The only times I've personally been aware of a member being banned is when the member threatened another member's life or engaged in wishing death upon that member. About a year or two ago, I reported a Moslem member posting from some country in the Middle East who had actually threatened the life of another member for making a derogatory remark aimed at him. As I remember, he was talking about slitting his throat. The Moslem member was banned as soon as I had reported him to the moderators.

The problem, coldjoint, is just about all the members have their minds made up already. Besides, most people who post in forums such as these enjoy arguing with other people. They're not searching for truth. They believe they have it already. I could be said to fall in that category myself. At least on some issues, including those of a nonpolitical nature. I have no answers.

We live in a divided country. People on both sides are scared for their future or their children's future, including yours truly; and when people are scared, civility goes out the window. Usually, political extremists don't prosper in good times. An historical example? In Germany during the late 1920s the Nazis were not faring so well at the polls. Their popularity was down. Then the Depression hit. . . .

Sorry I have nothing else to say. I've got to go now. Take care.
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 04:23 pm
Yet another ACA ‘horror story’ draws scrutiny
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/yet-another-aca-horror-story-draws-scrutiny
0 Replies

parados

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 04:39 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

No one is really qualified.

Which raises the question of why do you promote him as being qualified then?
panzade

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 05:20 pm
Tonto. I don't think that's allowed(killing rex) under the TOS
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 05:55 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

And why is this relevant? If you wish to blame slavers, blame Islam. They are responsible for about 90% of all slave trade ever.

More than two million adolescents aged 15 to 17 years work in the U.S. Retail establishments, restaurants, and grocery stores are three of the largest employers of teen workers. Agriculture also employs large numbers of minors and because of exemptions to the Fair Labor Standards Act, children in agriculture are allowed to work at younger ages and to perform more dangerous tasks at younger ages than other working children.

Comment: I started work at 11.
wmwcjr

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 06:07 pm
The circus continues.

Edit: A previously posted color picture of circus clowns has been deleted by the poster for a particular reason that he has chosen to not divulge.

Well, as Setanta has said on more than one occasion, "You can't beat this place for entertainment."

A recent participant in this particular thread deserves to be publicly exposed.

On Thursday, March 13, I sent ayay the following brief PM in all sincerity and good faith:

Quote:
Welcome to A2K, Harry! Smile (I'm not a leading personality here. I'm just an onlooker.)

Best regards,
Bill (AKA wmwcjr)

Today I have received the following from said member:

Quote:
In love, I know.

Perhaps I'm out of my mind for doing this, but I don't care.

You know nothing of online etiquette. For your information, I have been happily married to the same woman for over 30 years and have fathered two children by means of what has been the standard method of human reproduction for as long as . . . well, you know.

ayay, I do hope you appreciate the attention you have received at this time; but please be informed that I have just placed you on "Ignore" permanently.

As is the standard cliched response, I would suggest you get back on your meds.

http://www.drmindbodyisin.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Pills.jpg

If you currently have not been prescribed any medication for your mental condition, I would sincerely suggest you seek the professional help that only a competent psychiatrist is able to provide. I sincerely hope you become well soon. Smile

RexRed

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 06:09 pm
Louisiana vs. MoveOn.org
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/louisiana-vs-moveonorg
wmwcjr

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 06:27 pm
@RexRed,
How rich! "What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander."

A highly recommended book . . .

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PQE3HJTKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Ah, politics! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 06:46 pm
@parados,
Quote:

Which raises the question of why do you promote him as being qualified then

Because if no one is qualified he certainly would be just as qualified. Any other questions?
coldjoint

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 06:54 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:
30,000 Amazon indigenous people were enslaved,

,And why is this relevant? If you wish to blame slavers, blame Islam. They are responsible for about 90% of all slave trade ever.

That is from your post starting this discussion. It clearly says slavery. Not child labor. I said nothing about Islam and child labor.

Now if you wish to dispute Islams record on slavery I have plenty of links.
or example slavery was still legal in one Islamic country until after the year 2000. Legal slavery in the 21st century.
coldjoint

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 06:56 pm
@RexRed,
Quote:

Louisiana vs. MoveOn.org

Soros has plenty of money. I for one would love to see him waste it in court.
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 07:11 pm
Pelosi refuses to apologize to Cantor for saying Republicans are "Mean"
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/03/16/1285138/-Pelosi-refuses-to-apologize-to-Cantor-for-saying-Republicans-are-Mean?

I second that remark! Smile
wmwcjr

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 07:13 pm
@wmwcjr,
I now regret posting this. I would have deleted it, but it was too late.
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 07:14 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
30,000 Amazon indigenous people were enslaved,

,And why is this relevant? If you wish to blame slavers, blame Islam. They are responsible for about 90% of all slave trade ever.

That is from your post starting this discussion. It clearly says slavery. Not child labor. I said nothing about Islam and child labor.

Now if you wish to dispute Islams record on slavery I have plenty of links.
or example slavery was still legal in one Islamic country until after the year 2000. Legal slavery in the 21st century.

Well you asked for it... So here it is...

‘Mission Congo’ Alleges Pat Robertson Exploited Post-Genocide Rwandans For Diamonds
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/09/07/doc-mission-congo-alleges-pat-robertson-exploited-post-genocide-rwandans-for-diamonds.html

Shall I post more?

Ten Americans Charged With Child Trafficking in Haiti; PM Calls It 'Kidnapping'
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/HaitiEarthquake/haiti-earthquake-ten-americans-charged-child-trafficking-haiti/story?id=9712436