MontereyJack

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:08 am
Wrong as usual, coldjoint

The USDA< the U.S. epartment of Agriculture, the hard-headed agency upon which farmers depend to tell them, among other things, what crops will flourish where they are, in their climate, changed its growing zomes, moved them all one zone north, dyuring the Bush administration (i.e. hard to blame it on Obama), first time since the 60's. That means each zone is now as warm as the one to its south used to be. Which means the zone is warming. If they wre scamming farmers they'd have been lynched by irate guys on tractors, because they'd have lost billions of dollars from crops that didn't grow.

NOAA< the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, has been saying and documenting climate change, also since the Bush administration. They're the scientists who study it. They're the guys that run the satellite observations.

They trump John Coleman. Meteorologists look at whether it's going to be sunny today. They're not particularly knowlegedable on whether the entire world is warmer than it was a century ago. If your field of view looks only at the last year it tells you nothing about the climate last millenium.
Different fields of expertise.
coldjoint

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 10:45 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
They're the scientists who study it.

And those scientists believe it based on theory. Theory is not law. But agenda is agenda, and the carbon tax and redistribution of wealth is that agenda. And the fact that the earth has always gone through climate change since day 1 shoots the whole thing in the ass.
RexRed

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 11:04 am
@coldjoint,
Unlike John Coleman, science is based upon EVIDENCE not belief?

coldjoint

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 11:37 am
@RexRed,
Quote:

Coleman is a meteorologist. That is a scientist, whether you admit it or not.
parados

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 11:40 am
@coldjoint,
The Pink Prevaricator wrote:

Quote:
qualified as John Coleman.

He is a meteorologist. Are Barbara Boxer and Harry Reid, or Brad Pitt? And most people recognize a scam, with the exception of you Obamabots. You feast on lies.

As a meteorologist, he is no more qualified on climate science than Brad Pitt, Harry Reid or Barbara Boxer.
parados

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 11:42 am
@coldjoint,
The Pink Prevaricator wrote:

Quote:

Coleman is a meteorologist. That is a scientist, whether you admit it or not.

I suppose you would let him diagnose your brain tumor as well then. After all, doctors only use science like Mr Coleman.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 11:47 am
@parados,
Quote:
, he is no more qualified on climate science

No one is really qualified. The time that records have been kept is not long enough to draw any concrete conclusions. Remember you don't have all the answers. Pull your crap on someone else.
wmwcjr

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 11:54 am
There are conservatives today who defend slavery as it was once practiced in the United States!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/15/arizona-gop-congressional-candidate-slavery-wasnt-so-bad-kept-business-rolling/

http://freakoutnation.com/2014/03/05/conservative-writer-upset-12-years-a-slave-doesnt-show-happy-slaves/

By the way, American Spectator is mainstream conservative, not a fringe group. If my memory serves me correctly, about five years ago they were defending the bullying of kids in the schools. Pathetic!

Here's a conservative, a Republican state senator in South Dakota, who believes that KKK business owners have the right to discriminate!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/17/south-dakota-gop-lawmaker-kkk-business-owners-deserve-right-to-ban-blacks-and-gays/

This jerk is even a "Christian" who claims to "love" everybody! As a Christian, I'm sickened by people who defend the Ku Klux Klan as if none of their actions or attitudes are sinful. I'm sick and tired of these hypocrites!

Yes, I realize there are leading Democrats who also make dumb or outrageous statements; but I'm not defending those people, either. IMHO both parties are a disaster. No wonder I hardly ever vote now!

This country desperately needs an alternative to the two major parties and the two major political ideologies; namely, liberalism and conservatism. But that need will never be met; and we're likely to continue down a long, dark road to possibly a nightmare beyond the comprehension of most of us. I hope I'm wrong.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 12:04 pm
Quote:
Barack Obama Spies On Us While Running The LEAST Transparent Administration In History

http://cdn.politicaloutcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/FOIA-requests-under-Obama.jpg
Quote:
Barack Obama promised transparency... he promised a lot of things... and many of those promises have turned out to be bald-faced lies. It is truly a nation of fools which doesn't care whether leaders tell the truth.

Also, only a fool and a hater of his nation lies to the people, and diminishes trust for civil leadership. Woe to the man who embodies the cynicism that “lying is simply what politicians do.”

http://politicaloutcast.com/2014/03/barack-obama-spies-us-running-least-transparent-administration-history/
0 Replies

RexRed

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 12:11 pm
https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/1964946_10152224865632976_10062664_n.jpg
On This Day (3/17/1911): In 1911 a historic report submitted by Irish investigator Roger Casement found that over 30,000 Amazon indigenous people were enslaved, tortured, raped and starved in just 12 years during the rubber boom. R. Casement was sent by the British government to investigate crimes committed by British-registered rubber giant, the Peruvian Amazon Company. He found, “The crimes charged against many men now in the employ of the Peruvian Amazon Company are of the most atrocious kind, including murder, violation, and constant flogging”. Agents of the company rounded up dozens of indigenous tribes in the western Amazon to collect wild rubber for the European and American markets. In a few short decades many of the tribes were completely wiped out.

coldjoint

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 12:21 pm
@RexRed,
And why is this relevant? If you wish to blame slavers, blame Islam. They are responsible for about 90% of all slave trade ever.
raprap

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 01:12 pm
@coldjoint,
ColdDope--I had no idea that Islam had made those inroads into the antebellum Dixie.

Wow ColdDope you must really know how to pack your stuff!!

Rap
coldjoint

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 01:40 pm
@raprap,
Quote:
I had no idea

Enough said from a useless troll.
raprap

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 02:05 pm
@coldjoint,
Why do you abuse yourself ColdDope?

You a cutter?

Rap
panzade

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 02:07 pm
Tonto, you're off your meds.
Please schedule an appointment.

On another note:

Quote:

Republican leaders are threatening to take congressional action to stop state governors from flouting the food stamp cuts contained in the 2014 farm bill.

The governors of at least six states – New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Montana and Oregon – have now taken measures to protect more than a combined $800 million in annual Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits, and more states are expected to follow suit. Their actions threaten – over time – to wipe out the more than $8 billion in cuts over 10 years to the food stamp program that were just passed by Congress as part of the 2014 farm bill.

But those who initially supported the food stamp cuts are warning that retaliatory actions may be coming.

At last count, six of the affected governors – five Democrats and one Republican – have decided to start fiddling with the books, moving money around so low-income constituents won’t lose their food benefits. Other governors appear eager to do the same.

And this has apparently outraged Republicans on Capitol Hill. House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) told reporters late last week that he wants Congress to “try to stop this cheating and this fraud from continuing.” Rep. Frank Lucas (R-Okla.), who helped write the relevant legislation, wants a full congressional investigation and new measures intended to guarantee food-stamp cuts.

Remember, the “cheating” and “fraud” is in reference to state officials trying to help low-income residents access food.

coldjoint

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 02:16 pm
@raprap,
http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/coffeetime.gif
coldjoint

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 02:18 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
“cheating” and “fraud”

It is not just the politicians.
0 Replies

raprap

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 02:32 pm
@coldjoint,
More colddopery
coldjoint

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 02:36 pm
@raprap,
http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/apcopper.png
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Mon 17 Mar, 2014 03:10 pm
I need to be sure I'm not misunderstood.

For the record (especially with regard to my last post), I'm not implying that coldjoint is a racist or has ever been a bully. I don't think he is on either count. His concern is about welfare dependency and excessive spending by the Federal government. At least that is my impression. He has absolutely nothing to do with my misgivings about conservatism (as opposed to my misgivings about liberalism). In other words, it's not personal.

Guys, just consider me to be the oddball of A2K. An outsider or outcast, if you will. Or even a pest or a jerk. Twisted Evil "I'm not proud!" Drunk

All the same, the fact that a U.S. conservative intellectual is actually motivated to defend the image of U.S. slavery as an historical institution speaks volumes. After all, you'd think he'd leave well enough alone. Why bother? It was abolished two centuries ago. Besides, I thought we weren't supposed to talk about slavery anymore! Laughing

I personally know there are everyday private individuals who are politically conservative and happen to be wonderful, empathetic people just as there are everyday private individuals who are politically liberal and happen to be wonderful, empathetic people. But as far as many of their leaders are concerned? Hoo-boy! Sad