Baldimo

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 05:04 pm
@Advocate,
Np, I'm used to people who preach about tolerance not being able to practice what they preach.
0 Replies

parados

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 05:08 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Guns:
An ID is required to practice your 2nd Amendment, a Federal and in some states a state background check are required to purchase a gun to practice your 2nd Amendment right, and according to you or pan, there should be someone outside my door when I leave my house to verify my ID.

No, it isn't required to practice your 2nd Amendment right. It is only required when you purchase a gun if you purchase from a dealer. After that time you are free from government asking for ID when you exercise the right. It is a one time request for ID. You can then use your gun thousands of times without presenting ID. In the case of voting you are saying every time the right is used it requires an ID. If the right was to only BUY a gun then the government could take the gun away after you bought it since having the gun isn't a right under your scenario.

Quote:
Voting:
You have to show an ID in some places to register to vote. You also check a box that says you are a citizen and sign the doc pledging that you are being truthful. At no time is a background check required, and you can even use a utility bill as proof of where you live.
Registering to vote would be like buying a gun. It is the step required to exercise your right.

Buying a gun is like registering to vote. Voting is like carrying or using your gun.
In one case you only show ID once and then are entitled to that right without ID. In the other case you want an ID every time the right is used.
coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 05:13 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
It's fascistic.

The one sided belief that Parados is right is what is fascist.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 05:15 pm
@izzythepush,
Review my last post to Parados and then we can try this. Until then your opinion is just that, opinion.
Baldimo

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 05:33 pm
@parados,
If I want a CCW, I have to go through an additional background check and have my finger prints taken, pay additional fee's and be licensed. I would also have to renew that license every year or every other year depending on the state. This is an additional burden on the use of your 2nd Amendment rights. Some states require that you show an ID when you purchase ammo. Some politicians want to require an additional license for the purchase of ammo as well as pay additional taxes and fee's on that ammo. This is another burden people have to go through. It doesn't stop at just the purchase of the gun. Some states are looking at banning guns that are currently legal and CT is requiring gun registration. States like CA only allow guns to be sold that have been highly modified from standard guns to meet their exclusive safety standards.

When you vote, there is maybe only one fee you have to pay and that is for the ID, you might have to use to register to vote. You can register to vote with someone in front of your local grocery store and it is free, no fee or tax to register. Some people and that is a minority might have to pay for a copy of their birth certificate. As noted in a previous post, some states have people in the ID dept, to help people locate and acquire the information they need to get an ID. There are no states that make it difficult to obtain an ID that do not have people to assist you. They want people to have IDs and even offer them for free for people who cannot afford them. Homeless people can get ID's as long as they have an address. The assistance is there.
coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 05:55 pm
@Baldimo,
What you are dealing with is the denial and lies that are repeated over and over. A fine example is that there is no IRS scandal when Lois Lerner takes the fifth. Why and what is she hiding? Thinking denying the actual fact of that obvious guilt is the program.
0 Replies

parados

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 06:04 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
If I want a CCW, I have to go through an additional background check and have my finger prints taken, pay additional fee's and be licensed. I would also have to renew that license every year or every other year depending on the state. This is an additional burden on the use of your 2nd Amendment rights.
It isn't required every time you exercise the right. It is a requirement every few years and then you can exercise the right all you want without showing ID again.

You haven't addressed the issue that you are not required to show ID every time you exercise a constitutional right but you want to require it for the other constitutional right.

Quote:
Some states require that you show an ID when you purchase ammo.
What's your point? Ammo isn't protected under the Constitution.

Quote:
Some states are looking at banning guns that are currently legal and CT is requiring gun registration.
Yes, and? The state has shown a compelling interest with actual incidents of gun violence. There are over a 250,000 crimes committed with guns in the US every year. That compares to maybe a couple of hundred illegal votes cast. Clearly there is a more compelling case when it comes to guns. The USSC has also ruled that not all weapons are protected under the 2nd amendment. You can't vote in any election you want to either. You are restricted to voting in your own precinct.
coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 06:17 pm
@parados,
 http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/loltears.gif

Quote:
You are restricted to voting in your own precinct.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 06:23 pm
Quote:
Voter Fraud Deniers Ignore the Facts

http://www.usnews.com/debate-club/is-voter-fraud-a-real-problem/voter-fraud-deniers-ignore-the-facts
Quote:
Voter and election fraud does exist in America today. The Obama-Holder Department of Justice should be aggressively seeking to ensure the integrity of America's elections, instead of throwing punches at the states who are trying to do the department's job.
0 Replies

panzade

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 07:27 pm
If you saw "Why We Did It" last night you'll understand this vet's bitterness.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1/1653473_265205303647871_1707638055_n.jpg
Baldimo

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 07:30 pm
@parados,
I have addressed the issue, you just don't like my answer. As a gun owner and a voter I can tell you that showing an ID to vote is nothing. I only have to show my ID to vote once a year, maybe twice a year if there is a special election. For the average voter, they might vote once every other year or only vote in the presidential election. Voting #'s show this to be true.

When I go shooting I have to show my ID every single time. To purchase ammo I get ID, to purchase a gun I get ID. Every time I purchase a weapon I get ID and background checked, every time I purchase ammo I get ID'd. When I go to the range I get ID'd which I believe is state law. So yes, every time I choose to exercise my 2nd Amendment right I have have to show ID.

By the way, what good is a gun without ammo? Do I stand around and yell bang? If you want to eliminate guns then I guess you just outlaw the ammo?

The impact is equal. If you were a gun owner and were a responsible gun owner who practices with their weapon then you would know this. If you practiced like a good gun owner so that you didn't have an accident and knew you were going to hit what you were shooting at, you would know the impact gun laws have. All of these laws at the state, federal and even city level mandate the use of an ID. If you have a CCW, you are required to carry your ID and CCW with you at all times when you carry your weapon. You forget your ID and license and get caught with your gun, you are more then likely going to be arrested. So having an ID and being a gun owner is being very important.

Fall all this talk about the ability to vote, I still don't understand why people don't have ID's. We have been talking about this for well over 5 years. You would think that local communities and state legislators would be doing more to make sure people had ID's. How about they setup mobile vans that have the ability to travel to locations to provide those hard to reach people with ID's. We already know you don't have to pay for one if you are poor, we also know that if you can't locate any of the paper work required that there is assistance to help you. Having an ID in our modern day society can only help you, it never hurts one to have ID.
coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 07:58 pm
@panzade,
Since your post is out of nowhere....
http://usconstitutionalfreepress.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/screen-shot-2014-03-07-at-5-57-59-pm.png?w=614
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 10:18 pm
HISTORICAL FACT
AFTER THE CIVIL WAR, ZERO PERCENT OF AMERICANS OF ANY COLOR OWNED SLAVES. BUT IN THE EX-CONFEDERATE STATES, JIM CROW SEGREGATION LAWS 'LEGALLY' KEPT BLACK PEOPLE IN CONDITIONS NOT THAT FAR FROM SLAVERY.

ELECT HILLARY IN 2016
coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 10:22 pm
@MontereyJack,
Someone mad?http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/rofl1.gif
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 10:24 pm
As Sgt. Joe Friday always said, "Just the facts, ma'am".
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 10:26 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
LAWS 'LEGALLY' KEPT BLACK PEOPLE IN CONDITIONS NOT THAT FAR FROM SLAVERY.

Laws passed by Democrats who still have black people right where they want them. Wise up Hillary is going to keep them right where they are.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 10:31 pm
Under Nixon's Southern Strategy, and after the Civil Rights Act of 1965, the segregationist Democrats switched en masse to the Republican Party. Where they still are. Don't know your history, do you, coldjoint? Black people aren't stupid, as you guys seem to think. They know the GOP offers them nothing (as your own black chairman of the RNC told you guys, but you didn't listen).
coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 10:39 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Don't know your history, do you, coldjoint?

Quote:
“I’ll have those niggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” – Lyndon B. Johnson

I know Johnson was the president in 1965 and what he gave the Blacks was done begrudgingly.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 10:41 pm
More history.
Quote:
In 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson uttered the word Nigger in relation to having a race and caste of people brainwashed into voting for Democratic candidates. The success LBJ had back then still resonates in 2012, local democratic candidates in some states can count on the minority-ethnic vote every few years by making a promise.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 10:45 pm
http://www.allamericanblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/image.jpeg

Oh yes. Johnson loved the black man.
0 Replies