@JTT,
Quote:
That's 4 dead American terrorists, cj.

And one insipid troll.http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/agree.gif
parados

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 01:09 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Silly argument. When I buy the gun there should be a database that can be checked against the immigration records of the federal govt. It hits the system and verifies citizenship. Solved!
Clearly that isn't working.

When I register to vote I am made part of a database that is available to the public for anyone to look at and find out if I am a citizen or not. SOLVED!!
There you go, Baldimo. It's no longer an issue.

Quote:

Having to show my ID when I leave my house isn't even feasible. Do you propose having a cop outside me door to verify who I am?
I am proposing that we treat rights equally. If ID is required to exercise one constitutional right then it should be required for others. There are no second class constitutional rights.
JTT

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 01:10 pm
@coldjoint,
Mr Ignoramus CJ: Who here has ever been hired by a poor man?

[puts hand up]
0 Replies

parados

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 01:10 pm
@coldjoint,
The Pink Prevaricator wrote:

Why not station a government official at every house? Your argument is stupid. One picture one vote.
I see you have decided to **** on the US Constitution again by treating rights granted in it differently.
coldjoint

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 01:12 pm
@parados,
Quote:
I see you have decided to **** on the US Constitution again by treating rights granted in it differently.

What do you think this president and the DOJ are doing? Your hypocrisy is legendary. And your nicknames suck.

Quote:
True or False

The ‘true versus false’ strategy is the one most commonly used to support the Liberal agenda. If you can’t prove what I’m saying is false, then it must be true. Or conversely, if you can’t prove what you’re saying is true, then it must be false. A prime example of this strategy is one we’ve all heard at one time or another in the past ten years; it’s not whether he’s innocent or guilty, it’s the seriousness of the charges. Arguments based on this foundation carry no merit. Using this same approaching we find ourselves being able to make such assertions as, “If you can’t prove you’ve never killed anyone, then you must have” or “There must be life on Jupiter because no one has ever proven there’s not”. These types of arguments are easily identified by listening.
0 Replies

JTT

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 01:12 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo the intellectual coward!

You kowtow to people PMing you, B?
JTT

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 01:15 pm
@coldjoint,
We agree that they were 4 dead American terrorists.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 01:18 pm
@parados,
It isn't working because the govt doesn't allow access to that database. Did you not see the article on Florida and how they have been seeking access to verify citizenship?

I already show an ID and get a background check when I purchase a weapon, no such background check is done when you register to vote. So we are already applying a stricter application of an Amendment.

For the situation to be equal, I would fill out a form that says I'm not a criminal and then I sign the doc as an oath stating that I'm not a criminal. That is the equivalent of what is taking place with voter registration and voting.
Baldimo

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 01:20 pm
@JTT,
Who has PM'd me? What are you talking about?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 01:33 pm
Quote:
One More Reason to Dislike Him

http://spectator.org/articles/57487/one-more-reason-dislike-him
As I write this, it is Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. My dislike of President
Quote:
Obama isn’t a matter of the color of his skin, but rather because of the content of his character or lack thereof.

I dislike President Obama because of his petulance. What other President would tell the opposition party in his first meeting with them, “I won. I’m the president,”? What other President would intervene in a local matter and declare that its police department had “acted stupidly” while admitting he did not have all the facts? What other President would make the Dalai Lama leave the White House through a side entrance with a big pile of garbage awaiting him? What other President would tell the Prime Minister of Israel to let himself out of the White House? What other President would unceremoniously return a bust of Sir Winston Churchill to the British? What other President would while traveling abroad describe his country as “arrogant, derisive and dismissive?”
coldjoint

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 01:39 pm

Quote:
Obama’s Organizing for Action takes $100,000 donation from felon doctor seeking presidential pardon

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2014/03/06/obamas-organizing-action-takes-100000-donation-felon-doctor-seeking-presidential-pardon/<br />

Quote:
Pay to play? Dr. Joseph Piacentile, who was convicted in 1991 for Medicare fraud and tax evasion donated $100,000 to Obama’s Organizing for America PAC. NBC claims that Joseph Piacentile is seeking a presidential pardon from Obama. In order to grease Obama’s palms, I guess the doctor felt the $100,000 would be enough. The money was allegedly accepted by OFA consultant Samantha Maltzman. This woman is no stranger to fund raising for corrupt Democrats. She’s also been a fundraiser for Cory Booker and Hillary Clinton.

0 Replies

JTT

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 01:50 pm
@coldjoint,
Mr Ignoramus: (quoting another ignoramus) What other President would intervene in a local matter ...

//////////

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2005/03/schi-m21.html

Bush, Congress intervene in Terri Schiavo case: political thuggery in the service of reaction
By the Editorial Board
21 March 2005
The intervention of Congress and the Bush administration into the case of Terri Schiavo—the Florida woman on life support for the past 15 years—is an act of unmitigated political thuggery, exploiting a family tragedy for the most reactionary political purposes. It is both a moral abomination and a frontal assault on basic democratic rights.
0 Replies

parados

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 01:52 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
I already show an ID and get a background check when I purchase a weapon, no such background check is done when you register to vote. So we are already applying a stricter application of an Amendment.

I agree. We do treat them differently. The government keeps a record that is available to everyone of those people that vote. They keep no such record of who owns guns.
Baldimo

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:08 pm
@parados,
How can you say that when buying a gun is already heavily regulated and restricted? You can't compare the record keeping of registration with gun purchasing. You don't have to do a background check to register to vote.

As I said, you only have to say you are a citizen and sign a paper saying you are. For it to be comparable, the same would be true for buying a gun, and you know it isn't.
parados

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:42 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
How can you say that when buying a gun is already heavily regulated and restricted?

Clearly it's not if people can commit fraud to buy guns. We have actual examples of people doing that.
Baldimo

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:44 pm
@parados,
You have ignored the rest of the argument. Why? Do you have to get a background check when you register to vote? I do when I purchase a gun.
parados

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 02:55 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

You have ignored the rest of the argument. Why? Do you have to get a background check when you register to vote? I do when I purchase a gun.

And clearly the background check isn't enough since people can still buy guns they shouldn't be allowed to. But suddenly an ID will do more than a background check? Why do you think it will?
Baldimo

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:03 pm
@parados,
Sure it works, it is a criminal background check, and the story you posted, it didn't say anything about the guy being a criminal. He lied about being a citizen which isn't checked in the background check. If you have a criminal record, you will show up in the database from the FBI or the state and local criminal check. Once again there is no check to see if someone is a citizen or not when purchasing a gun.
Advocate

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:22 pm
@Baldimo,
The Reps realize that there is a huge number of elderly people, mostly living in very rural areas, who would have a difficult time going to places where they can get photo ID's. Some Reps have admitted this, and bragged that this would take many votes away from the Dems, and probably provide victories to the Reps.

This is very sick and shows what low life bastards the Reps are.
JTT

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:26 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo: You have ignored the rest of the argument. Why?
//////

You do that repeatedly, Baldimo, as do a lot of other USians. Why?
0 Replies