parados

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 01:23 pm
@Baldimo,
The Constitution that says voting is a right which you want to require ID by everyone exercising that right.

I tell you what. I will show ID to a government official every time I vote if you agree everyone should show ID to a government official every time they carry a gun outside their property.
panzade

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 01:30 pm
@Baldimo,
Between a nation adhering to the Constitution and a nation governed by the Bible there's a middle ground.

But more chilling is that the Tea Party's made it difficult for Republican lawmakers to exercise the independent judgement the Founders envisioned when they developed our Constitution.

The emasculation of Bohener and the Executive branch being held hostage by a small band of brigands has robbed our lawmakers of the ability to make the compromises that that help our Legislative , Judicial and Executive branches fulfill the dreams of our Founders.

That's the real constitutional crisis Baldimo.
Baldimo

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 01:42 pm
@parados,
What does an ID for a gun have to do with voting?
Baldimo

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 01:43 pm
@panzade,
I could careless about the Bible. I'm concerned with the Constitution.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 02:04 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
The emasculation

Something you are finally an expert on.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 02:10 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:

Nothing. You are arguing with a liberal. That is someone who thinks he is in control of the narrative, which is nonsense. There is nothing that says, or proves, the ideas of conservative are not as valid. Hypothetical situations and more distraction is all it is about.

Quote:
Pick A and B or Nothing

‘Pick A and B’ is the Liberal means by which they present an argument using two entirely unrelated statements(voting and guns, in this case) of fact claiming these facts support the desired conclusion. Such assertions are similar to a District Attorney asking a defendant, “Have you stopped beating your wife?” By grouping unrelated statements together the Liberal attempts to get agreement and assent on both by accepting only a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ response. Do you support the Aryan Nation and the right to bear arms? Are you concerned about Global Warming and the future of your children? Do you support the Obama presidency and do you love your country? Such tactics render the Liberal argument moot.

http://tobey100.hubpages.com/hub/The-Liberal-Argument-Revealed-A-Pattern
0 Replies

parados

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 02:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Both are Constitutional rights. Shouldn't we have the same standard for all those rights?
Baldimo

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 02:44 pm
@parados,
False equivalency. There are already a whole slew of restrictions on guns and gun ownership, while there are hardly any rules on voting. Go buy a gun, and you will see what I'm talking about. There are no background checks to vote or when you register.

RexRed

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 02:46 pm
Michele Bachmann: Jan Brewer wrong to veto Arizona's 'anti-gay' bill
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/power-players-abc-news/michele-bachmann-jan-brewer-wrong-to-veto-arizonas-anti-gay-bill-232117632.html?

Religious and liberty don't belong in the same sentence.
Baldimo

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 02:53 pm
@RexRed,
Sure they do Rex. Someone can have religious liberty to practice their religion as they please as long as it doesn't harm others. They can even say and do as they please, but to think that there is no such thing as religion and liberty in the same sentence is wrong.

I take it you are a hater of religion regardless of what religion it is? You would like to see all religion abolished?
panzade

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 03:16 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Someone can have religious liberty to practice their religion as they please as long as it doesn't harm others.

Brewer distinctly stated that
Quote:
"Senate Bill 1062 does not address a specific and present concern related to religious liberty in Arizona," Brewer said at an news conference.

Did you miss that speech while you were watching the news?

Excuse me...the News
parados

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 03:18 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

False equivalency. There are already a whole slew of restrictions on guns and gun ownership, while there are hardly any rules on voting. Go buy a gun, and you will see what I'm talking about. There are no background checks to vote or when you register.

Hardly a false equivalency. You have to fill out documents to register to vote. You have to fill out documents to buy a gun. Both documents are under penalty of perjury.
There is a check on registering to vote when the state sends out the voter registration card to the address given. This is from Idaho:
Quote:
If the card is returned to the Post Office as undeliverable after 2 attempts, your registration could be rejected.
Most states have similar statutes.
I have to re-register to vote every time I move. Not only that, the state keeps a record of my address on file in order to vote.

Owning a gun and voting are both constitutional rights. You are demanding that one of those rights require a photo ID anytime I want to exercise that right. Why not the same anytime you want to exercise the other right?
Baldimo

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 03:29 pm
@panzade,
I wasn't addressing Brewer or her statements, I was addressing the fact that religious and liberty can be in the same sentence. Plain and simple.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 03:35 pm
@parados,
There is much more involved with getting a gun then there is in registering to vote. There are no fee's to register, as it should be, and there is no background checks.

There is no comparison to voting and owning a gun except for the fact that they are both Constitutional rights. That is all they have in common.
0 Replies

panzade

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 04:55 pm
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/1939866_820211054662831_1734174577_n.jpg
Frank Apisa

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 05:02 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t1/1939866_820211054662831_1734174577_n.jpg

This one I absolutely love, Panzade.

It hits the nail squarely on its head...and you can get a huge chuckle out of it.
Baldimo

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 05:06 pm
@parados,
This is a new article talking about the registration issue. It also states that you can not ask someone if they are here legally when they register to vote due to the motor voter act of 1993.

http://toprightnews.com/?p=1824
parados

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 05:36 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

This is a new article talking about the registration issue. It also states that you can not ask someone if they are here legally when they register to vote due to the motor voter act of 1993.

http://toprightnews.com/?p=1824

ROFLMAO...

Wait for it....

Wait for it....

Wait for it....

This is on EVERY voter registration form in the US
Quote:
I have reviewed my state's instructions and I swear/affirm that:

I am a United States citizen

I wonder how many United States citizens are in the US illegally. Perhaps you can tell us Baldimo since you can't seem to find evidence to support many of your other specious claims.
coldjoint

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 05:52 pm
@parados,
An answer like that tells me you are here for one reason and one only.
parados

Wed 5 Mar, 2014 06:02 pm
@coldjoint,
The Pink Prevaricator wrote:

An answer like that tells me you are here for one reason and one only.

Your response tells me you don't understand that asking someone if they are a US citizen precludes asking if they are here illegally.