coldjoint

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 11:06 am
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-46lrce_026U/Ut_mtDVt6DI/AAAAAAAAlXU/I9VHxZjsw68/s1600/Meme+323.png
Frank Apisa

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 11:48 am
COLDJOINT...

...another one of those people who think they should get the benefits of society...but should not have to pay anything to get it.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/funny/1/vomit.gif
coldjoint

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:03 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
.another one of those people who think they should get the benefits of society...but should not have to pay anything to get it.

Look up. You are one of those people. Really?

Cut the **** frank, I just used that as an example of government overreach.
But I earned what I have and only expect others to do the same. And I pay everything I am obligated to pay for. Do I want to give away my money to the government, the government thinks so.

They are keeping people poor on purpose so people like you can bitch about someone like me. So I earned a living, payed my taxes and I am the bad guy?

Take this ridiculous narrative that conservatives are wrong or stupid. None of it changes the facts about the state of the union, and it is not good.
Frank Apisa

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:11 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
.another one of those people who think they should get the benefits of society...but should not have to pay anything to get it.

Look up. You are one of those people. Really?

Cut the **** frank, I just used that as an example of government overreach.
But I earned what I have and only expect others to do the same. And I pay everything I am obligated to pay for. Do I want to give away my money to the government, the government thinks so.

They are keeping people poor on purpose so people like you can bitch about someone like me. So I earned a living, payed my taxes and I am the bad guy?

Take this ridiculous narrative that conservatives are wrong or stupid. None of it changes the facts about the state of the union, and it is not good.

Most of what is wrong in America right now has been occasioned by the excesses of the far right...not of moves toward curbing unfettered capitalism...and of providing safety nets for the less capable of our society, CJ.

But there is no way the essence of those thoughts will ever penetrate your skull...unless, as happens often with people like you, the need arises for you.
parados

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:38 pm
@coldjoint,

Here is your perfect opportunity to prove me a liar then. Show us an ad played in Mexico promoting the US SNAP program.

Since you can't provide such an ad are you willing to admit that it is YOU that lied?
0 Replies

parados

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:42 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-46lrce_026U/Ut_mtDVt6DI/AAAAAAAAlXU/I9VHxZjsw68/s1600/Meme+323.png

Another lie from you cj. Perhaps you were unaware of the income tax instituted by Lincoln during the civil war.

But most of all, I'm curious how you think government was funded prior to 1913. Who do you think paid the taxes the various levels of government collected before 1913. Do you think corporations pay taxes and don't pass any of those taxes on to their customers?
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 12:52 pm
@parados,
They have control over printing money! LOL .
History of income taxes in the United States.
Quote:
The nation had few taxes in its early history. From 1791 to 1802, the United States government was supported by internal taxes on distilled spirits, carriages, refined sugar, tobacco and snuff, property sold at auction, corporate bonds, and slaves. The high cost of the War of 1812 brought about the nation's first sales taxes on gold, silverware, jewelry, and watches. In 1817, however, Congress did away with all internal taxes, relying on tariffs on imported goods to provide sufficient funds for running the government.

Read more: History of the Income Tax in the United States | Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0005921.html#ixzz2rLM6RMBZ

BTW, taxation on booze goes back thousands of years. Read the book, The History of the World In Six Glasses. It's a good read.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 03:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
But there is no way the essence of those thoughts will ever penetrate your skull...unless, as happens often with people like you, the need arises for you.

That is the same way I feel about Islam.

And this administration is trying to establish a large block of people dependent on the government for a future voting base. And you are defeating the purpose of a two party system. The next step is easy.
parados

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 06:30 pm
@coldjoint,
Changing the subject again?

So far.. you lied about ads being run in Mexico and then ran away from your claim.
Now you lied about taxation in the US prior to 1913 and seem to be running away from that claim.

Can't you defend any statement you make?

At least you must realize they are lies because your only response is to change the subject.
cicerone imposter

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 06:59 pm
@parados,
Quote:
On this day (August 5) in 1861, Lincoln imposes the first federal income tax by signing the Revenue Act. Strapped for cash with which to pursue the Civil War, Lincoln and Congress agreed to impose a 3 percent tax on annual incomes over $800.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 08:32 pm
@parados,
Why do I have to prove anything, does Rex? Why the double standard?
parados

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 08:58 pm
@coldjoint,
Back to the strategy of a 5 year old now it seems....

"He did it too!"

You seem to be admitting your statements are lies. You just don't want to say it out loud.
coldjoint

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 09:04 pm
@parados,
Quote:
"He did it too!"

What does that have to do with equality? Only one side can post rhetoric and half truths.
coldjoint

Fri 24 Jan, 2014 09:28 pm
Quote:
Disastrous utopia

Here is a respected source. And please no racist disagreements.

LvB

Sat 25 Jan, 2014 09:11 am
@parados,
Quote:
Can't you defend any statement you make?

That's not his style.
0 Replies

parados

Sat 25 Jan, 2014 11:49 am
@coldjoint,
I see. So I am correct then when I point out that you are telling us lies. Why didn't you just admit that to begin with?
parados

Sat 25 Jan, 2014 11:51 am
@coldjoint,
Quote:
Any system which allows some people to exercise unbridled power over other people is an open invitation to abuse,

I can't argue with that one. Now if only we could get the corporations out of government then we wouldn't have to fear them having unbridled power over the people.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 25 Jan, 2014 11:59 am
@parados,
Quote:
So I am correct

I am only posting articles. The author of those articles are the liars. Just like the liars in Rexs' propaganda.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Sat 25 Jan, 2014 12:15 pm
Quote:
On What The Arrest Of Dinesh D'Souza Should Mean To Americans

Quote:
Coincidence: Hollywood's only conservative group is getting close IRS nonprofit scrutiny

Another Coincidence: James O'Keefe Group Being Audited by NY. Again.

Yet Another Coincidence: Dinesh D'Souza Indicted For Election Fraud

Still Another Coincidence: IRS Proposes New 501(c)(4) Rules That Just Happen to Cover Most Tea Party Groups

Judge Strikes Down Wisconsin's 'John Doe' Subpoenas

Secret investigations targeted coincidently at most prominent conservative groups in WI who can only now legally talk about their harassment. If you want to see what American fascism would look like, well this is it.

Conservatives must have something to say this administration doesn't want people to hear.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2014/01/on-what-arrest-of-dinesh-d-should-mean.html

parados

Sun 26 Jan, 2014 09:36 am
@coldjoint,
Is it only a coincidence that conservatives are the ones that violate campaign finance laws?
Or is it a concerted effort on their part to win even if they have to break the law to do it?