Moment-in-Time

Wed 8 Jan, 2014 07:02 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

From public policy polling.
Quote:
Paul is also the strongest Republican for the general election in Kentucky, leading Hillary Clinton by 6 points at 49/43. Bush and Christie both lead Clinton by 4 points at 46/42 and 44/40 respectively. Ted Cruz actually trails Clinton 44/41 in the state, a good data point for how weak he is. Clinton does far better than Barack Obama did in all of these match ups, even if winning the state still seems like a long shot.

Polls this early is not an indicator of much.....it's simply much too early! I read where Christi was ahead of Clinton prior to Christmas, but Hillary has not even declared her candidacy yet. As for Rand Paul, well, there is no way in hell mainstream American would ever vote for this Tea Party favorite....and this goes for Rubio and Cruz, the latter, a McCarthy clone. I recall when Hillary in 2008 was, initially, a so-called shoo-in; oops! Along came Obama out of the blue. We have not heard who will be the candidates but there's much speculation. Personally, I find it difficult to imagine any GOP with its overt Tea Party influence ever capturing the White House.
Moment-in-Time

Wed 8 Jan, 2014 07:12 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
As these investigations gather steam, damaging Christi's reputation beyond repair, I suspect in the end, this current governor just might resign.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 8 Jan, 2014 07:37 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I understand the polls can and will change; that doesn't take away from the fact that even after Christie's debacle, he's still showing some strength.

Look at the voter's ratings on the congress. They still get reelected into office time after time - even as their performance rating is the lowest in history.

cicerone imposter

Wed 8 Jan, 2014 07:39 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
You,
Quote:
Ci, your opinions never cease to amaze me.

I'm glad I can "amaze you." Mr. Green
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Wed 8 Jan, 2014 08:55 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

I understand the polls can and will change; that doesn't take away from the fact that even after Christie's debacle, he's still showing some strength.

I do not see what you're seeing regarding Christi's ongoing escalating scandal. He's hurt, make no doubt about that.
"A cache of private messages linking Governor Christie’s office to vindictive lane closures at the George Washington Bridge in September plunged the administration into a deep crisis on Wednesday, threatening Christie’s national profile as a straight-talker and feeding criticism that his administration has used its power to bully political enemies." - See more at: http://www.northjersey.com/news/christie_kelly_bridge_lane_closures_emails.html#sthash.MYdg4V8W.dpuf

Quote:
Look at the voter's ratings on the congress. They still get reelected into office time after time - even as their performance rating is the lowest in history.

Most of these ultra-rightwing GOP through gerrymandering, belong to red states that are safe and will be elected time and time again. But time is running out because of a demographic shift that's only a few years away. Pretty soon the voting power of minorities will eclipse that of the current white majority who by 2040 might be the minority. Time heals all things.

cicerone imposter

Wed 8 Jan, 2014 08:58 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
My article was from the Chicago Trib. People outside of NJ aren't as affected by the bride closure, and probably don't pay that much attention to local problems. NJ isn't the state Christie has to worry about for a presidential run.
waahindia1

Thu 9 Jan, 2014 03:17 am
@RexRed,
Great Information. Will surely watch. of course we agree that its time now to face the tough facts.
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Thu 9 Jan, 2014 07:44 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
People outside of NJ aren't as affected by the bride closure, and probably don't pay that much attention to local problems. NJ isn't the state Christie has to worry about for a presidential run.

Oh, on the contrary, Ci, this GWB [George Washington Bridge] scandal is having a snowball effect.

Today, Christie gave a performance fit for an oscar. But he was lying through his teeth. The New York Times a few days ago gave a picture of just how small-minded and vindictive Christi is; how he rewards his friends and punishes his enemies. This man is the epitome of pettiness! There are many investigations gathering steam. Just stay tuned.
RABEL222

Thu 9 Jan, 2014 09:53 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Time heals all things.

Except crooked politicians. They continue to cater too the rich for their reelection funds and the average citizen continues to go to Fox news and the conservative press for their voting directions.
0 Replies

Kolyo

Fri 10 Jan, 2014 12:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

From public policy polling.
Quote:
Paul is also the strongest Republican for the general election in Kentucky, leading Hillary Clinton by 6 points at 49/43. Bush and Christie both lead Clinton by 4 points at 46/42 and 44/40 respectively. Ted Cruz actually trails Clinton 44/41 in the state, a good data point for how weak he is. Clinton does far better than Barack Obama did in all of these match ups, even if winning the state still seems like a long shot.

You sent chills of terror running up and down my spine until I read that these numbers were for Kentucky -- not for the nation as a whole.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 10 Jan, 2014 07:10 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

Quote:
People outside of NJ aren't as affected by the bride closure, and probably don't pay that much attention to local problems. NJ isn't the state Christie has to worry about for a presidential run.

Oh, on the contrary, Ci, this GWB [George Washington Bridge] scandal is having a snowball effect.

Today, Christie gave a performance fit for an oscar. But he was lying through his teeth. The New York Times a few days ago gave a picture of just how small-minded and vindictive Christi is; how he rewards his friends and punishes his enemies. This man is the epitome of pettiness! There are many investigations gathering steam. Just stay tuned.

AMEN!

PBS had the News Hour devoted LOTS of time to the question. It has national resonance...and is not just a New Jersey happening.
woiyo

Fri 10 Jan, 2014 07:59 am
@Frank Apisa,
Of course the liberals are piling on to this scandal. They fear Christie. So they will run with this as long as they can.

I admire Christie and the way he handled this. He stood before the people, said he made a mistake and fired the person responsible. That is what leaders do.

Not like Obama and other liberals who try to lie their way out of scandals. When will Obama fire Eric Holder for lying about Fast and Furious or any of the other 10 scandals he has been involved with. When will he admit his Sec of State F'ed up Benghazi? Oh wait, What Difference Does It Make. The coward QUIT.

Christie acted as a leader should. Something the Democrats know nothing about, leadership!!!

What do you think Frank?
Frank Apisa

Fri 10 Jan, 2014 08:49 am
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Of course the liberals are piling on to this scandal. They fear Christie. So they will run with this as long as they can.

I admire Christie and the way he handled this. He stood before the people, said he made a mistake and fired the person responsible. That is what leaders do.

Not like Obama and other liberals who try to lie their way out of scandals. When will Obama fire Eric Holder for lying about Fast and Furious or any of the other 10 scandals he has been involved with. When will he admit his Sec of State F'ed up Benghazi? Oh wait, What Difference Does It Make. The coward QUIT.

Christie acted as a leader should. Something the Democrats know nothing about, leadership!!!

What do you think Frank?

I think if Christie every gets into the Oval Office, Woiyo...you will feel about the same way as I did after voting for Ronald Reagan the first time he ran. You will feel an overwhelming disappointment.

Christie will not get in...I doubt he will weather the nut-case primaries the Republican hold.

In any case, there is no way any senior staff member of an executive would do something like this if the climate for this kind of thing had not previously been established by the executive. These people were not working in a vacuum...and I am certain most of them thought their actions would be applauded by Chris Christie. I can understand why they would think that...and I suspect if the mess had not been uncovered by the Star-Ledger...that is exactly what would have happened. They would have been held in high regard by Christie, because that is how Christie has acted since the time he got into office.

Thank you for asking.
woiyo

Fri 10 Jan, 2014 09:10 am
@Frank Apisa,
You might be right about Christie surviving the nut case GOP Primaries. Yet, he would raise the entertainment value of the GOP Debates. Especially when he goes after knuckleheads like Rand Paul or that rookie from Texas Ted Cruz.

This will not hurt Christie. It will help him given the way he was upfront and fired the dummy who did it.
Moment-in-Time

Fri 10 Jan, 2014 10:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Christie will not get in...I doubt he will weather the nut-case primaries the Republican hold.

I do not believe Christi will be able to weather this storm. There is a feeding frenzy by the media to topple this Bully.

It strains credulity to think Christi, who runs a hands on administration, had no inkling his deputy along with others in his cabinet were involved in the closing of the GWB lanes, a deliberate act of extreme pettiness. Governor Chris Christi's modus operandi is that of one who uses his power to harm and or intimidate those who are weaker, i.e. bullying.

Christi has a fatally flawed character possessing quite a past of retributions against his perceived opponents and he is one nasty sucker. There are those, I am among them, rooting for his downfall, and this will come. It was said by David Wildstein's lawyer at the end of his hearing, if his client got immunity, exemption from punishment....prison and escaped being sued by angry citizens impacted by the closings, they will waive their right to use the 5th Amendment and reveal all.

So fun is ahead......
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Mon 13 Jan, 2014 07:39 pm

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1528472_10151934319296275_1584518112_n.png
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Wed 15 Jan, 2014 04:29 am

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1535642_10151936403956275_1480250607_n.jpg
RexRed

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 06:02 pm
https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1601226_10153808517020019_1719015289_n.jpg
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 06:22 pm
@Region Philbis,
Region Philbis wrote:

https://scontent-a-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1/1535642_10151936403956275_1480250607_n.jpg

I'd donate to that one myself!!! Wink
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Fri 17 Jan, 2014 06:27 pm
@woiyo,
Quote:

This will not hurt Christie. It will help him given the way he was upfront and fired the dummy who did it.

How do you know "the dummy" ordered of her own volition the closing of the GWB lanes? Why do you refer to Bridget Anne Kelly, Christi's aide, as "the dummy"? Or that Kelly did not follow the governor's orders? Were you in the room? Were you an eyewitness to said event?

Do you have a link to support your assertion?