So, who's been Raptured? Apocalypse starts today.

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 11:34 am
It's past noon, and Mathematics doesn't lie. The Apocalypse starts today, May 21, not like all those other predictions whose math was bad. So who's been taken up to heaven in the Rapture? It's already tomorrow in Australia, dlowan are you there? Deb's a heathen, she's probably just asleep. The Boston contingent's pretty cynical--I bet Reg and Jes were rejected too and littlek started the "Atheist" thread, so there's no hope for her. Thomas can outargue god, he's probably got a great big "FAIL" stamp on his heaven visa. pom, you still down here? There's still some hope for okie, he's farther west, and he's god-fearing. If he goes the good news is one less vote for Sarah Palin. Oh, I forgot, we rejects have only five months left, so no vote in 2012. So who of you losers are still here?

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 11:38 am
In case you missed the prediction, here it is. Better read it quick, you're running out of time to get your affairs in order.
http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/rapture
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 11:42 am
@MontereyJack,
I can't find my dog.. He's a good dog too, loyal, honorable, trustworthy to a fault. If anything was worthy of being raptured he is. -

--------Oh wait here he comes, he was out chasing rabbits.

Rap
MontereyJack

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 11:50 am
Sorry about your dog, raprap. Apparently Hollywood, that cesspit of sin and corruption, blew it again. Looks like "All Dogs Go to Heaven" and "All Dogs Go to Heaven 2" were both just fairy tales. At least he'll have a companion for the next five months, till the hellfire gets us all.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 12:33 pm
Oh, okay, on further research, the guy thinks it's not gonna start until 6pm EST, so we've still got a couple hours. Set your watches... And if you care about your new car, better not be driving then.
http://powerwall.msnbc.msn.com/business/your-guide-to-the-end-of-the-world-1688853.story
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 01:51 pm
@MontereyJack,
MontereyJack wrote:
So, who's been Raptured?

Would they be able to tell us?
jespah

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 04:15 pm
@Reyn,
It's after 6, but our wash is still in the dryer. Perhaps there's a courtesy there, where they wait until the towels are fluffy.
boomerang

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 04:30 pm
I spent most of the day lounging, playing with the dog, petting the cats, goofing with Mo, and reading.

So, yeah, I think I've been raptured.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 04:47 pm
Djjd hasn't posted at all today. Normally, he would be the last person I would expect to have been Raptured.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 04:49 pm
@Reyn,
I don't think so. This is my first rapture, but I think they just 'vanish'. I'm pretty sure the neighbors across the street will go (they're saints). The bad news is their house will be abandoned...the good news is they have an awesome home theater setup!!
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 04:50 pm
@jespah,
area 51 disappeared.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 05:01 pm
already 9am on 22nd here - I ain't seen no rapcher Surprised Question

Coulda used it last night - dinner with friends turned out to be OK pizza and karaoke....yeccchhh!!!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 05:03 pm
blondie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCdS7O248g
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 07:36 pm
@MontereyJack,
Anyone rupture...I mean RAPtured ain't signin' in by definition.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 07:53 pm
It's 7:48. I'm dismayed to report there's been no rapture of anything. ;(
Guess I'll pay my bills now.
Mame

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 10:21 pm
@Ceili,
Yeah, no rapture, but also no rain, which was predicted for the whole weekend.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 21 May, 2011 11:54 pm
I think Harold Camping has set a new record: the only poerson to make two failed end-of-the-world predictions in two different years, in two different decades, in two different centuries, and in two different millennia, and it's gonna take a thousand years for anyone to break that record.
Roberta

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 12:32 am
@MontereyJack,
I slept late. Did I miss it?

I didn't expect to be rapturized, but I thought I might hear something.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 12:54 am
@MontereyJack,
No, I haven't been "raptured".
Nor am I ever likely to be.
How/why do idiotic pronouncements like this one receive so much media attention?
It's a mystery to me.

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 22 May, 2011 03:54 am
@MontereyJack,
I'm still here. I think.
0 Replies