mother had not borne me. I am very proud, revengeful,
ambitious; with more offences at my beck than I have
thoughts to put them in, imagination to give them shape,
or time to act them in. What should such fellows as I do,
crawling between earth and heaven? We are arrant knaves
all; believe none of us. Go thy ways to a nunnery. Where's
your father?

Hamlet. Act 3. Scene 1. 114--121.

Believe none of us eh? Press the red button on that one. Get your head around these guys.

"Ophelia, she's 'neath my window.
For her I feel so afraid."

Desolation Row.

The Lady in the Lake. Raymond Chandler.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 02:04 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
The story told by the state through leaks is that after he came as she was on the floor near the front door sucking him off she pushed him. This caught him by surprise and he fell backwards into the tv cabinet, catching the corner.

It looks like she didn't have his Policeman's Helmet between her teeth then?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 02:12 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
You've made up the entire "misunderstanding" argument so that this case fits your standard argument but there is not even the slightest reason to believe it is true
Really? The alleged victim looks so much like a victim that the police believe her right away even with her poor english skills, and DSK calls the hotel about his phone and tells them where he is mesing up a clean get away, and seconds before he is arrested compliments a stewardess on her great ass, and when the cops come to collect him he feels the need to ask why they want him, which indicates to me a man who does not think that he has done anything wrong. It looks all the world like he thought the consent was fine, and she did not ....AKA confused consent.
BillRM

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 02:15 pm
What is interesting to me is all DSK people have to do is find one hotel guest willing to state that he got a pay for blow job from this maid and the state case is over with.

If she had earn extra money for any time period with this side job then not all her former Patrons can be married men.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 02:19 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
What is interesting to me is all DSK people have to do is find one hotel guest willing to state that he got a pay for blow job from this maid and the state case is over with
And considering all the nights he spends in hotels all the state needs to do is find one maid who says that DSK attempted to rape them, or did. So far all we hear is static. It is inconceivable that a man who acted as it is alleged DSK acted here has not done this before, in fact there should be dozens of maids with rape stories. All we get are stories of his lame passes at hotel employees.
BillRM

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 02:48 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
And considering all the nights he spends in hotels all the state needs to do is find one maid who says that DSK attempted to rape them, or did. So far all we hear is static. It is inconceivable that a man who acted as it is alleged DSK acted here has not done this before, in fact there should be dozens of maids with rape stories. All we get are stories of his lame passes at hotel employees.

If he had a history of blindly attacking women that came within a hundred feet of him he should never had been able to reach the age of 62 without being arrested no matter what country he live in.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 02:59 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Now however does this allege crime call for interfering at once with one of the world leading experts and economic powerhouses during a time of international crisis before any real investigation was done? I for one do not think so.

Neither do I Bill but it has been done. The milk is spilt. It's a big deal now.
BillRM

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 04:23 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Neither do I Bill but it has been done. The milk is spilt. It's a big deal now.

It is a big deal if it show the world that for a few thousands dollars or so it can be done to any male.

You do not wish for a SC justice to be able to sit in judgment of an upcoming case just had a maid yell rape.

You do not wish a director of the Federal Reserve to sit in on the next meeting of the Fed on increasing the interest rates have a maid yell rape.

Unhappy how a FCC board member might vote on having a neutral internet stop him by having a maid or the like yell rape.

The bigger the target the more eager the NYC police and DA at least is likely to be as look at all those lovely international headlines.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 05:01 pm
@spendius,
Oh once we have the SC justice and the FCC and Fed members in Rikers Firefly will be posting that this just prove that all men at heart are rapists in waiting.

After all the police must have had good reasons to lock them up. Drunk

My would that not made a wonderful saturday night live skit?

spendius

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 05:29 pm
@BillRM,
The Gulag was full of people the police had good reason to lock up Bill. Nothing new there.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 05:50 pm
Quote:
A Libyan woman who said she was raped by supporters of Col Muammar Gaddafi has left eastern Libya for the US, according to her sister.

Eman al-Obeidi was heading from the rebel-held city of Benghazi to Washington DC, her sister Marwa said.

Eman al-Obeidi's case came to attention when she rushed into Tripoli's Rixos Hotel in March and told her story to foreign journalists staying there.

Earlier this week, Ms Obeidi was deported from Qatar.

She had sought refuge there after arriving from Libya, via Tunisia.

Dispute in Qatar
In Benghazi, Ms Obeidi's home city, Marwa al-Obeidi said a human rights group helped by US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had organised for Eman and their father to travel in a private plane to Washington, via Malta and Austria.

"We just want a chance for her to be treated psychologically and to rest," she told the Associated Press news agency. "My sister has just been through so much."

She also said Qatari authorities had been friendly to her sister until a few hours before she was made to leave.

"Eman wanted to travel directly to America from Qatar, but for some logistical reasons, Qatar wouldn't allow it."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13663266

Hey Bill, Isn't this just GREAT! Now, not only is crying rape the nearly universally successful card play if you are an illegal immigrant in the US and dont want to go home, but now we see that if you are in a civil war zone and would rather be in America then the thing to do is claim often and loudly that you were raped. This is what the economists call incentivizing the behavior that is wanted. What is wanted are professional victims, IE those who generally refuse to take responsibility for their actions and those whom have decided that the general rules do not apply to them. Is it any wonder that those in the East increasingly decide that Westerners are weak whiners? One little pull on the heartstrings and anything will be given up, and we will feel all smug and superior too. It is just too easy to beat chumps such as this....
BillRM

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 06:09 pm
@hawkeye10,
Well Hawkeye you can not fault the young lady as rape victim or not she have figure out a way of getting herself and her father out of a war zone and to the US in very high style indeed.

An yes we are being taken for fools more often then not as in the mail/internet brides scams where all the women now need to do after getting here is to cry domestic violence against the men who had paid to bring then over to married them and the government hands the mail/internet brides a green card.

Not one bit of proof needed and the men do not even have a path to clear their names.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 07:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:
It looks all the world like he thought the consent was fine, and she did not ....AKA confused consent.

Either that or he thought there was no way anyone was going to call him on sexual assault. Let me ask this: If DSK is a sexual predator exactly as the 31 year old French woman makes him out to me, if he is extremely aggressive in his home country counting on his position, French custom and law to protect him and gets his jollies attacking maids in other countries where he knows he can flee if needed, if the alleged attack in Mexico and the ones mentioned in the articles Firefly posted are real, if all of that is true and the maid here is just the latest victim... how would the evidence in this case look any different?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 07:29 pm
@engineer,
Quote:
if the alleged attack in Mexico
what alleged attack? all I have seen is a work of fiction which might or might not be based upon a real dsk maid situation in Mexico.
Quote:
and the ones mentioned in the articles Firefly posted are real
I have seen no mention of anything that could be called an DSK attack on women other than the Tristane event.
Quote:
if he is extremely aggressive in his home country counting on his position
that is a big if considering how many women talk about DSK basically as if he is a silly teddy bear. We have one report of one hooker who thought he was too aggressive for her, though we have no idea where her line is. High class hookers can call their own shots, and do have very particular requirements sometimes. We can not assume that DSK did anything that we would not do to have her tell her boss that she did not want to see him again.

Quote:
how would the evidence in this case look any different?
all we have is one side of the story second hand (at best, most of her second hand story we know only because the state has fed it to the media, which makes it third hand) , and no claims of any evidence that speaks to consent. What evidence are you speaking of?

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 08:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
It is interesting to note the claim that I linked somewhere back in this thread that DSK's lawyer has a propensity to not talk about his clients in court, that he focuses like a laser on destroying the case offered by the prosecution rather than taking a defensive stance. In this case it will be to rip apart Ophelia's claims, as the state seems to have nothing else. I certainly hope that we get to trial, and that we get to see this case unfold, though I dont know if NY allows camera's in the trial. We all know that they do at the bail hearing though. Also, hopefully the court does not put her in front of a one way camera system as the feminists demand, but I dont have a lot of confidence that this court will avoid that dereliction of the Constitution.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 08:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
Michel Taubmann is a French journalist with the French-German television channel Arte and the director of the journal Le Meilleur des Mondes. He is also the author of several books, most recently a biography of Dominique Strauss-Kahn. "Le Roman vrai de Dominique Strauss-Kahn" (Le Moment, France ) was published a week before the now-former head of the International Monetary Fund chief was arrested in New York and charged with the sexual assault of a housekeeper at his hotel.
Quote:
"The book was not authorized; I am independent. But over two years I spoke with Strauss-Kahn himself as well as with 65 others - political friends and enemies, family, collaborators, his sister; his first wife, Helen Dumas; former girlfriends and his wife Anne Sinclair."
Did you foresee this scandal or a similar one? Did you realize that Strauss-Kahn had what now seems like such a grave problem with his behavior toward women?

"I will tell you this: I am sure he is not a rapist. I think he is a man who had a lot of adventures. He loves his wife Anne, but at the same time had lots of girlfriends and adventures. But everyone who I spoke to told me that he is incapable of violence. And this was my position, at least until three weeks ago. As to what happened at the hotel that day, I cannot say."

But it seems you don't believe the allegations?

"Strauss-Kahn has a very liberal sex life. His father, likewise, loved his wife but had a lot of other women. It's not Mitterrand, with a double life. He would be seen in street with girlfriends. But this was all totally legal.

"If he is found guilty in this case, he is not the person I know. This is a very bizarre story. The New York authorities have changed their story several times. It's all very bizarre and I am skeptical that he is guilty.

"He is being described as a savage animal now. But thousands of people who knew him - from those who worked for him, to those who were his students - never even considered describing him thus. I know this man. A seducer is one thing. A rapist is something totally different."

Did you speak with Tristane Banon, the young journalist who has accused Strauss-Kahn of attempting to rape her years ago?

"Of course I spoke with her and her lawyer as well as with Strauss-Kahn about the story. When I say I am convinced Strauss-Kahn does not practice violence with women, I mean in this case as well. I investigated this case. My thesis in that case is that there was something, but not an aggression. If you read my book you will see many inconsistencies in her story. For example, it must be pointed out that she never reported this story and no one can properly explain why. I know a lot of women don't complain because they are ashamed, but she has gone on TV to talk about her ordeal so I don't think it's a question of shame."

There is a lot of talk now about how in France, including and perhaps especially the media, people covered for Strauss-Kahn. That is, a lot of people knew about his predatory and inappropriate behavior and no one said anything. Do you think someone - maybe even you - should have sounded an alarm?

"That is stupid. Everyone knew Strauss-Kahn was a seducer. Every day on the radio you heard reporters talking about his women. But no one imagined he could rape a girl. In my book I wrote about his psychology and his relations with women, and his divorces. I asked the question about violence, and I got my response. I do not think he is violent.

"If he is a rapist, it's terrible. But nothing about what has happened so far authorizes us to engage in big discussions about whether France accepts this sort of behavior."

What is it about France that gives politicians and other powerful public figures such privacy when it comes to their personal lives? Do you think that is necessarily a good thing?

"My philosophy is very clear. I don't have to talk about the private life of anyone. I would not want anyone to talk about my private life. I know Strauss-Kahn had girlfriend and I know their names. One is very famous, but it's not my right to say who he is having affairs with. I don't have to give names.

"Is there a border? Yes. When the private matter becomes a political problem, as in the example of his affair at the IMF. That would be different."

What will come next for Strauss-Kahn? Do you believe there is any chance he could be rehabilitated?

"It's very difficult to speak about the future because no one knows for sure what will come next. But if this transpires as a setup, it is a horror and a shock and a disgrace.

"I am surprised by the police and the legal system in New York. They have acted bizarrely and it has been very troubling."

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition/features/head-to-head-journalist-michel-taubmann-should-you-have-warned-about-dsk-s-behavior-1.366211
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 08:58 pm
@hawkeye10,
My question is a hypothetical: If DSK is all his detractors and accuser say, how would the evidence look different than what we have right now? I think the supposed evidence (alleged victim found huddled in a corner spitting out semen, blood in the room from the effort to resist, defendant admits to a sex event occurring but claims that in the middle of the day while at work cleaning rooms a maid with a solid work record suddenly decided to have a sexual encounter then reports an assault, maybe some key card records if they exist) is exactly what I would expect to find if DSK is guilty. You disagree so what evidence would you expect to find?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 5 Jun, 2011 09:50 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

My question is a hypothetical: If DSK is all his detractors and accuser say, how would the evidence look different than what we have right now? I think the supposed evidence (alleged victim found huddled in a corner spitting out semen, blood in the room from the effort to resist, defendant admits to a sex event occurring but claims that in the middle of the day while at work cleaning rooms a maid with a solid work record suddenly decided to have a sexual encounter then reports an assault, maybe some key card records if they exist) is exactly what I would expect to find if DSK is guilty. You disagree so what evidence would you expect to find?
To decide that an assault has taken place I like to see bodily injury, ripped clothing, have witnesses who either saw the act or heard the screams and came running, see that the alleged victim tried to call 911 (or in this case the front desk), I like to have a sequence of alleged events that is not particularly strange, I like to not see too many unexplained coincidences, I like to see that the alleged victim does not have a motive to make it all up particularly if all I have is the say so of the alleged victim. I also like to see the alleged abuser acting guilty when he/she is taken by the police.
BillRM

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 01:27 am
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bennett-l-gershman/dsk-and-bail-but-arent-th_b_866411.html

The circus surrounding the arrest of Dominique Strauss-Kahn (DSK, as the French call him) for allegedly sexually assaulting a chambermaid in his Manhattan hotel has begun to subside. He has been indicted by a grand jury, is at liberty under extremely rigorous bail conditions, and faces serious felony charges that would give any guilty man pause for thought about fleeing the jurisdiction.

When he was arrested over a week ago in his first-class seat on a plane about to take off to Paris, the District Attorney -- feeding a salivating media -- demanded that DSK be remanded to jail instead of getting bail. The very able judge agreed, and DSK became an inmate at New York's version of Devil's Island. The French press, with a degree of self-righteous pomposity, decried DSK's treatment by U.S. law enforcement, claiming, among other things, that denying him his liberty without any formal proof of guilt and the rush to judgment of his guilt were monstrous injustices that shamed the U.S. justice system in the eyes of the world.

The French do have a point. Why no bail? Was the district attorney merely feeding the media frenzy? To be sure, the district attorney told the judge that DSK had been arrested on board an airline about to depart for France, a country that does not extradite its citizens. That reason alone shows that DSK presents a huge risk to abscond before his trial. The District Attorney did not, in the process, however, tell "the world" that DSK had apparently booked this flight about a week earlier, had called the hotel from the airport, and that the defendant offered the District Attorney before his arraignment to undertake extremely onerous bail conditions to ensure that he would not flee. Indeed, on review several days later, the administrative judge granted bail, conditioned on DSK posting a $1 million dollar bond, a $5 million dollar insurance policy, wearing an electronic ankle bracelet to monitor his movements that would restrict him to an apartment under supervision of a private investigation firm authorized by the court, surrendering his passport, and waiving extradition back to the United States if he managed to flee. So, a now fully apprised judge prevailed, reminding the world that the United States does indeed believe in due process, fair play and justice, notwithstanding alleged conduct from an international big shot that all people, including the French, would consider despicable if it turns out that he is guilty.

But the controversy surrounding DSK's bail raises a far more fundamental question. What is it about the bail bond system in the U.S. that for many critics -- including, judges, prosecutors and bar associations -- is so odious, so unfair, and indeed one of the dirty secrets in criminal law? To be sure, the U.S. Constitution in the Eighth Amendment states tersely: "Excessive bail shall not be required." But while bail is typically used to assure that a person accused of a crime and is released from custody returns to court to answer those charges, the courts have never held that there is a "right" to bail.

Nevertheless, surely the French have a point where, for example, in the U.S. federal courts bail can be set on a showing that the defendant will in some way be "dangerous," a showing on which the defendant, in some cases, carries the burden of proof. Still, historically, bail has been about "flight risk," not preventive detention, and the reason high bail might be needed for someone like DSK is because he might pose such a risk given his abundant resources, not because there is any serious concern he would run amok in hotel rooms around New York while awaiting trial.

But beyond that, the concept of a person charged with a crime and presumed innocent having to pay a fee to a bail bondsman -- who then decides if the defendant is a good bail risk -- to gain his freedom while awaiting trial is almost unheard of anywhere else in the world. In fact, in many countries, including England and Canada, agreeing to pay a defendant's bond for a fee is a serious crime, similar to tampering with a witness or bribing a juror. Alternatives include deposits to courts instead of private businesses, pledges of land or other property, and sworn promises to return to court.

The U.S. bail bond system has been shadowed by numerous well-documented accounts of serious abuses of bail by bondsmen. These lightly regulated businesses have been accused of retaining the collateral -- cash or property -- that persons must put up to get a bond, even though they are required to return the collateral after the case is over. And in some circumstances, bail bondsmen (some of whom fancy themselves as quasi-cops), can decide on their own that they don't like the defendant's behavior and revoke their bond, thereby putting the defendant back in jail (although the bail bondsman gets to keep the fees).

There's virtually no legal accountability and the bail bond industry has proven difficult to regulate effectively. For one thing, much of what goes on between bail bondsmen and their clients occurs in private. In such a climate of secrecy, it should not be surprising that allegations of corruption have clouded the commercial bail bond business, including accounts of collusion between bail bond companies, judges and police officials. And then there are the stories of bond enforcement agents hired to capture persons who have failed to appear in court -- the so-called "bounty hunters" -- who operate outside the legal system, and who are notorious for breaking into people's homes without a warrant, holding innocent people against their will, coercing statements, and forcibly taking people across state lines in violation of state extradition processes. The Fourth Amendment does not apply to such bounty hunters because they are not public employees.

But more egregiously, there is the serious inequality that historically has haunted the bail system. As with so many other aspects of the criminal justice system, the kind of justice a person gets often depends on the amount of money he has. To be sure, every poor person charged with a crime gets a lawyer, and has some typically meager opportunity for expert and investigative assistance. But not every defendant is a wealthy aristocrat like DSK, who can afford to post a million dollar bond.

Most criminal defendants, in fact, are poor people who can't afford bail and have insufficient means to get a bail bondsman to put up a bond. These defendants -- accused of crimes but "presumed innocent" -- remain incarcerated awaiting trial, sometimes for months, sometimes for years. The prejudice to their cases from their inability to gain their freedom pretrial is extreme. Sitting in their jail cells, they have no ability to investigate their cases or assist their lawyers, except in a limited and superficial way. They enter the courtroom from their cell, and stand before the jury not as free men walking in from the street, but attired in prison garb, with court officials surrounding them to assure they do not flee.

And worst of all, far too many poor, innocent, defendants actually plead guilty to criminal offenses because the bail set against them is high and unaffordable by them -- and they are forced to languish in jail awaiting trial recognizing that, if acquitted at trial, they will have served all that time for naught. Thus, arraigned defendants who can't afford bail while awaiting trial are too often effectively told, for example: "plead guilty and be sentenced to 30 days beginning today; if not, we'll adjourn the case for 45 days for the lawyers to file and litigate pre-trial motions." That innocents faced with such a draconian choice often plead guilty is not surprising, but it is nonetheless disgraceful.
The ultimate bail result that DSK received was the correct one -- even if the forensic evidence, as is being reported, begins to pile up against him. Given the severe restrictions placed on him, he is unlikely to flee. Still, the controversy surrounding Strauss-Kahn should cause us to rethink how our system works for the average defendant in the United States. And frankly, we don't need any help from the French.

Dominique Strauss-Kahn The circus surrounding the arrest of Dominique Strauss-Kahn (DSK, as the French call him) for allegedly sexually assaulting a chambermaid in his Manhattan hotel has begun to subside. He has been indi... The circus surrounding the arrest of Dominique Strauss-Kahn (DSK, as the French call him) for allegedly sexually assaulting a chambermaid in his Manhattan hotel has begun to subside. He has been indi...

badgetv RT @stansolomon: French aristopig lives in luxury while on bail http://bit.ly/kE0qEJ Legal whole Barfman'll as… (cont) http://deck.ly/~tJRwo
3 hours ago from TweetDeck

badgetv RT @stansolomon: French aristopig lives in luxury while on bail http://bit.ly/kE0qEJ Legal whole Barfman'll as… (cont) http://deck.ly/~tJRwo

stansolomon French aristopig lives in luxury while on bail http://bit.ly/kE0qEJ Legal whole Barfman'll assassinate victim #teaparty#tcot#ucot#ocra#sgp

travelcentricny RT @TravelToNYC: Dominique Strauss-Kahn hires all MALE cleaning staff at his $14m Manhattan bail house http://dlvr.it/TrJJd
3 days ago from dlvr.it

JohnAaron White Collar Crime Blog - Will Strauss-Kahn’s Bail Conditions be the Norm? - http://tinyurl.com/63wfa...
3 days ago from TweetDeck

TravelToNYC Dominique Strauss-Kahn hires all MALE cleaning staff at his $14m Manhattan bail house http://dlvr.it/TrJJd
3 days ago from dlvr.it

Show more resultsMore in Politics...

Sarah Palin On Paul Revere Ride: I...
Barack Obama Needs More Jobs To Keep...
One More Thing About Mitt Romney...
Sarah Palin: Obama 'Noble' For Wanting To...
Comments
Pending Comments
View FAQ.Login or connect with: More Login OptionsLogin with: Aol Account Linkedin Account Google Account Yahoo Account Huffpost Account
You must be logged in to comment.Post Comment
Preview Comment
To reply to a Comment: Click "Reply" at the bottom of the comment; after being approved your comment will appear directly underneath the comment you replied to.
Share your Comment:

Post to Facebook.Post to Blogger.Post to Twitter.Post to WordPress.Post to TypePad.Post to Tumblr.Post to Yahoo!
View All .Recency | Popularity ..alafolie .0 Fans.42 minutes ago (2:45 PM) What a dumd article and the level of the comments here is no better.. You would be glad to have the means to defend yourself the way french people do whether you are rich or poor, the judiciary system is the same, same thing for education and education so Mr Bennet get down your horse and humble for a bit.. Yes the conspiracy therory is fueled by the refusal of bail out for a man that served his country other than playing ball ( Kobe was released on bail, so was OJ and the list of brainless BUT celebs is way too long for me to start).. Last but not least every men in the US should have a panic button, I never saw ANYWHERE else in the world women more flirty( to stay polite) and attend blow job classes ( ONLY a US phenomenon­) European have no lesson of hypocritic­al puritanism to take from you, also this incident validates the "American dream" ( The maid and the president) for which you have to remain sound asleep , just sayin'
alafolie: What a dumd article and the level of the comments
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/alafolie/dsk-and-bail-but-arent-th_b_866411_90840827.html
History | Permalink | Share it .HUFFPOST SUPER USER
morristhewise .33 Fans.09:09 AM on 6/01/2011 The finger of a women`s scorn has entered the fabric of American society. The finger has frightened the bravest and has caused innocent men to hide their faces. The finger of accusation once pointed is a dagger that rips into the bankbook and the reputation of a scorned lover.
morristhewise: The finger of a women`s scorn has entered the fabric
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/morristhewise/dsk-and-bail-but-arent-th_b_866411_90646484.html
History | Permalink | Share it .
phenixine .0 FansFollow .08:24 PM on 5/27/2011 keep it warm especially if he is guilty at least here it will be punished, not in France or with so much more!
it just loses its reputation­, this is not the most serious if it is
guilty
phenixine: keep it warm especially if he is guilty at least
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/phenixine/dsk-and-bail-but-arent-th_b_866411_90150618.html
morristhewise .33 Fans.05:34 PM on 5/25/2011 Since the DSK alleged rape scandal most women are living in fear. But protection will soon be available in the form of an earring, It is a RAPE ALERT PENDENT EARRING(R.­A.P.E.) One yank on the earring will quickly summon a helicopter and a swat team. The rapist will be handcuffed and severely beaten before being taken to the police station. The Pendent is well made and can be used many times, it is capable of sending out over 100 hundred alerts.
morristhewise: Since the DSK alleged rape scandal most women are living
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/morristhewise/dsk-and-bail-but-arent-th_b_866411_89814278.html
Rosalee Harris .198 Fans.11:16 PM on 5/24/2011 If he had gotten on that plane that would have been the last we would have seen of DSK and rape charges. This guy doesnt just have felony charges pending but they are first degree felony charges there is no way he was coming back and the prosecutor knows this and that is why the bail is exorbitant including a 5 million dollar insurance policy it reflects serious charges leveled against someone who has the means and resources to escape to anywhere in the world.
Rosalee_Harris: If he had gotten on that plane that would have
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/Rosalee_Harris/dsk-and-bail-but-arent-th_b_866411_89696657.html
ummm .34 Fans.09:31 PM on 5/24/2011 It's a dog eat dog world-
ummm: It's a dog eat dog world-
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/ummm/dsk-and-bail-but-arent-th_b_866411_89682352.html
History | Permalink | Share it .Big Als Bail Bonds .1 Fans.07:03 PM on 5/24/2011 With regards to the writer commenting on the bail industry, all I can say is ignorance is bliss. I own and operate a lawful and honest agency. I also know many honest individual­s in this business. To make an ignorant statement that bail bonds are a "lightly regulated" industry is poor informatio­n. Unfortunat­ely we do have tainted individual­s in our industry as does the rest of the world! ummm hello we have government officials being reprimande­d weekly across the nation. The newest being former Governor Arnold. Also, just what we need, another government run program of an industry that has roots to biblical times that is not broken! For example remember the "eye for an eye" deal...
Big_Als_Bail_Bonds: With regards to the writer commenting on the bail industry,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/Big_Als_Bail_Bonds/dsk-and-bail-but-arent-th_b_866411_89663826.html
History | Permalink | Share it .Michael Jastrzebski .0 Fans.05:26 PM on 5/24/2011 billyboil - did you really understand the article?

"All is justified" even assuming he is NOT found guilty. This is what article tried to explain. If he were american he would be entitled to the same treatment, by the way if he were really poor he probably would have been in jail - no bail. Again - the article explains.
Michael_Jastrzebski: billyboil - did you really understand the article? "All is
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/Michael_Jastrzebski/dsk-and-bail-but-arent-th_b_866411_89649940.html
History | Permalink | Share it .billyboil .72 Fans.05:12 PM on 5/24/2011 Ok.that being said, and assuming he's found guilty, all is justified.
But why so much judicial attention to a "one on one" crime, when certain people in the financial industry in the USA committed crimes which have affected millions world-wide­, and NO judicial attention?
Worse - had this fella been an american, rather than a hated Frenchman, would the DA have been so industriou­s?
Had there been no press available to cover the story.....­....??????­?
billyboil: Ok.that being said, and assuming he's found guilty, all is
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/billyboil/dsk-and-bail-but-arent-th_b_866411_89647737.html
frenchfrog .29 Fans.05:31 PM on 5/24/2011 assuming he's found innocent - is all still justified?
frenchfrog: assuming he's found innocent - is all still justified?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/frenchfrog/dsk-and-bail-but-arent-th_b_866411_89650569.html
gmb007 .1535 Fans.05:11 PM on 5/24/2011 Lady Justice should hold two sets of scales: one gold-plate­d, the other aluminum.
gmb007: Lady Justice should hold two sets of scales: one gold-plated,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/gmb007/dsk-and-bail-but-arent-th_b_866411_89647631.html
.new comment(s) on this entry — Click to refresh
Loading comments…
.PHOTO GALLERIES.
The 7 Most Embarrassing Politician Twitter Scandals
The 2012 Speculatron Weekly Roundup For June 3, 2011
Peru's Hotly-Contested Presidential Runoff Marked By Mudslinging
Shaq Calls It Quits, Sony Hacked Again, More: The Week's Top Tweets .FOLLOW US
.Connect with your friends Check out stories you might like,
and see what your friends are sharing!
Loading twitter module...
Most Popular on HuffPost
XPaNLz8DvrFRAwkoMgo7XXtGwvTJvlP6MATAkJws8EkY48HzbYdkeaIdWfCOik8r2otE%2BYj4QbNfY4wiqnx0cPQKqdV%2FnM0p 1kn5DJz4udtnipgXz%2F439PeYQcakv7THlhbFd73rtICEnkQqg9GOd0fLEAJd8wvGOWY3VRtvA3hdck7wInKYqOHTOSEtt2e9
1 of 2 Author: Smurfs Are Racist, Anti-Semites

Like.
4K. Shia LeBeouf: Megan Fox 'Couldn't Handle' Sexy Demands

Like.
169. WATCH: This Week In Unnecessary Censorship

Like.
213. AOL Real Estate: Now You See It, Now You Don't: The $43.5 Million Teardown

Like.
283. AOL Travel News: Girl Falls from Wildwood Ferris Wheel, Dies

Like.
314. PHOTOS: 9 Funniest Signs Of The Month

Like.
2K. Alec Baldwin One More Thing About Mitt Romney...

Like.
891. AOL Small Business: My First Million: Barbara Corcoran, The Corcoran Group

Like.
2K. Daily Finance: Walton Family Faces a Tough Decision About Walmart's CEO

Like.
913.HuffPost ReportersGAJiueVSHq7snz6f2K05JU8phHV7VZvP e4wPYAOp9XGt%2FZaPC63gu%2FlCmQY3AeGS
1 of 2. Amanda Terkel: Wisconsin Protesters Erect 'Walkerville' Tent City To...
Comments (2,969) . Elise Foley: Alice Rivlin: Debt Ceiling Shouldn't Be Raised...
Comments (1,948) . Elise Foley: Sarah Palin: Obama 'Noble' For Wanting To...
Comments (5,940) .Don't Miss HuffPost Bloggers1 of 5. Sean Penn
A State Department That Can Shaun Donovan
Greener Homes Means a Stronger Economy Russell SimmonsConfessions of a Life-Long Entrepreneur Harry ShearerA Letter From New Orleans: Year 6 of a 5-Year Lifespan
Sen. Bernie SandersDeficit Reduction Requires Shared Sacrifice: Will the President Stand Tall? Sigourney WeaverA Secret Weapon for Fighting Climate Change: Empowering Women
Sec. Kathleen SebeliusThis June, Get Healthy, Stay Healthy Ted DansonThis Summer, Be Wary of Fish Fraud
Don CheadleLet’s Plant a Forest Desmond TutuGod Is Not A Christian
spendius

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 07:34 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
But why so much judicial attention to a "one on one" crime, when certain people in the financial industry in the USA committed crimes which have affected millions world-wide­, and NO judicial attention?

I've explained that Bill. It is a golden opportunity to have it blazoned to the skies and shouted across all the rooftops just how precious female dignity is and how important that even a hint of the slightest underestimation of its numinous divinity should take precedence over any other considerations. You need to read Rider Haggard's Ayesha to get the full flavour of it but the daily doings of Nero's wife are a good substitute at the non-fiction level.

It is also very easy to do and allows those professionally engaged, or even dupes like engineer, to build up their uxorious credentials presumable to snow all over their own misogyny, as I explained yesterday, and make easy money whilst posing, with fine words, in the golden glow of unimpeachable decency.

Investigating such things as war crimes and financial racketeering is not a task that is suited to the general intelligence of people who owe their position to the "who you know" principle.

Let's face it--there were allegations against Mr Madoff which went unattended to for years which resulted in large numbers of people, many of them hard working families, losing their homes and life savings. And what can one say about the housing market ponzi? 9.1% unemployment is bugger all compared to alleged affronts to female dignity.

Votes for women, purity for men. There's only one solution--let 'em shift for themselves. Don't stay in hotels that have women on the staff.
0 Replies