Is the Head of the IMF a Sex Criminal?

Ionus

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 05:40 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Good luck on selling that to a jury.
Oh I dont know...if they had a jury of 21 yr old militant lesbians....
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 05:47 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Good luck on selling that to a jury.
It would be good to hear from some defense lawyers who have presented cases in Manhattan...the couple that I have seen quotes from both say that this case is going to be extremely difficult to sell to the type of juries normally seen in this court, as they tend to be particularly unwilling to go along with state railroad jobs.....Maybe the state is hoping for an anti French or and anti banker bias, I have not heard how likely that are to get it though.
BillRM

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 06:00 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Maybe the state is hoping for an anti French or and anti banker bias, I have not heard how likely that are to get it though.

Anti-wealth more then anything as we had seen on this thread by such as Firefly posting about the townhouse he is renting and on the news when the news readers took delike in comparing his cell with a 3 thousands dollars hotel suit.
hawkeye10

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 06:02 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
Maybe the state is hoping for an anti French or and anti banker bias, I have not heard how likely that are to get it though.

Anti-wealth more then anything as we had seen on this thread by such as Firefly posting about the townhouse he is renting and on the news when the news readers took delike in comparing his cell with a 3 thousands dollars hotel suit.
Manhattan is funded in large part by Wall Street, I dont think you find the anti wealth bias there that you would expect to find in other places....The citizens on the island likely know damn well that the good suites go for $10k a night, that DSK was slumming it in order to stay in a french owned place with a French vibe.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2011 09:40 pm
Quote:
The Strauss-Kahn affair has, however, also put French feminism on the defensive. Some French women's rights activists have always asserted that they take a more balanced and tolerant approach than the "politically correct" and "anti-male" approach of "Anglo-Saxon" feminists. Since theincident, American feminists have been suggesting that their "soft" French sisters are partly responsible for the macho attitude of some French men.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/strausskahn-affair-prompts-backlash-against-french-sexism-2292461.html

I would love to find a quote from a French Feminist saying that american feminism is "anti-male"....it damn well is, but few in America are willing to speak such truth..
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 03:04 am
@Irishk,
Quote:
"Creepy Old Men". Just noticed the tag for this thread. Well done, whoever you are!

First off you are praising an anonymous boo merchant. Which is wimpy but unimportant.

Second, you are saying "Creepy Old Men" simply because you can't, or won't, follow the argument. The argument is that your side are causing the rapes and assaults on women and you are jumping all over this one case to talk up your virtue credentials and make a big fuss in order to distract everybody from your real role. You are not out to protect women at all. You are out to increase the rate at which women are raped and assaulted for your own purposes and to cathartically defuse your culpability in displays of hysterical indignation in the few cases that are prosecuted conveniently forgetting that you reject the obvious solutions for your own selfish reasons. And you praise others of like mind.

Solutions to these offences are segregation of women, asexual dress codes for women and toleration of revenge attacks on rapists and assaulters by their natural protectors. By encouraging the state to take revenge on behalf of victims, rather than her family being permitted to do so, you find lucrative work for lawyers, police officers, prison staff, parole boards, various types of counsellors and media freeloaders. And the revenge is often not taken at all due to legal technicalities. Also you get the heightening of sexual consciousness which cannot do other than increase the attacks. And attacks are increasing. So it is working and there are well paid jobs for life involved and more opportunities for indignation freak-outs which distract you all from you causing the offences on a grand scale. All going round in an ever increasing spiral onwards and upwards and a serious drain on real economic activity which I assume you are not participating in. Hence your insult. You have a vested interest in attacks on women. And you dance to the tune of those with a professional vested interest who have control of the information your rapist's charter is based upon.

So answer these points instead of coming here with snide, easy to say, remarks. Or get off the thread. It's a serious subject. You are trying to have it both ways. You want the conditions which lead to increases in attacks and you want to distance yourself from responsibility by cheapskate and hysterical statements which you apply to one high profile case whilst forgetting the myriad of others which go unreported or unprosecuted or unavenged because the legal process is too difficult for most victims to rely upon. And you demonise men to facilitate your affectations when you know full well that the vast majority of men are assiduous in their consideration for women. Your consideration is a pose. A phoney and objectively creepy one too.

BillRM

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 04:36 am
This is reminding me more and more of the Duke players case with all kind of special intereste showing up to the party.

Can the new Black Panthers Party be far behind?

After IMF chief scandal, Hyatt workers protest sex abuse
IMF case sparks outcries in S.A., 7 other cities.
By Ana Ley
[email protected]

Protesters gathered in front of the Hyatt Regency on Thursday afternoon to speak out against the sexual abuse of hospitality employees after allegations of an attempted rape of a New York City hotel housekeeper by International Monetary Fund chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn.

About 25 former and current hotel employees and local activists showed up to the rally, organized by labor union Unite Here, which holds protests in front of San Antonio's two downtown Hyatt hotels about once a month to denounce the hotel operator's allegedly unsafe working conditions.

“Sometimes when people see you as a hotel worker they think you are a robot,” said Maria Soto, a housekeeper at the downtown Grand Hyatt who was among the crowd. “They think you have a million uses, and they don't respect you.”

Unite Here coordinated protests Thursday at Hyatt hotels in Chicago; Toronto; Los Angeles; Sacramento, Calif.; Phoenix; Boston; Indianapolis; and San Antonio.

The group had tried to unionize workers at the Grand Hyatt but withdrew from the process in 2009.

“We ask all of our associates to report safety and security concerns right away to their manager,” Hyatt officials said in a prepared statement. “Anytime an associate raises a concern, we take it very seriously, promptly investigate the situation, and follow up as appropriate.”

Printable Version Email This Share

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/article/After-IMF-chief-scandal-Hyatt-workers-protest-1407428.php#ixzz1OCwAuBEv

firefly

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 04:40 am
Quote:
The Tricky Task of Estimating DSK's Costs
By Adam Martin

A lot of figures are getting thrown around regarding expenses in the Dominique Strauss-Kahn criminal case. He's on the hook for $200,000 per month for security, $50,000 a month for the TriBeCa pad where the former International Monetary Fund director is under house arrest, and myriad hefty fees for investigators, public relations, and of course legal representation. Agence France-Press's Sebastian Smith took a stab at breaking down the expenses, and has some sobering figures.

There are the lawyers, of course: Two firms at $1,000 to $1,500 an hour. Then there's newly hired private investigation firm Guidepost Solutions, which Smith reports costs "only a little less than for lawyers." Strauss-Kahn is apparently also contracting with PR fixers TD International, who of course don't have their rates on their Web site, but Smith got Harvey Farr at Farr Marketing Group to tell him "a big [PR] firm could charge between $10,000 and $15,000 per month." That's all in addition to the $1 million cash bail backed by a $5 million bond. Add in incidental costs, like steak dinners from Landmarc, and you've got a very expensive legal predicament. The UK Telegraph put the total cost to Strauss-Kahn at $3 million, which actually seems fairly low considering all his new expenses.

Strauss-Kahn faces 25 years in prison for seven criminal counts, including attempted rape. That probably makes it worthwhile to him and wife Anne Sinclair to dip into their considerable fortune for the defense. Forbes last week estimated their combined worth at more than $100 million. But in the end, the jury will rule the way it rules, and while piles of money can buy you the best defense possible, they can't guarantee freedom.
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/global/2011/06/dsk-spending-rape-case-defense/38359/
BillRM

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 04:49 am
@firefly,
Is it not a shame that a middle class person can not afford to mount a strong defense against such charges and guilty or innocent are often force into plea deals.

Thankfully DSK have the resources needed to get a fair hearing sooner or later and will not need to sit in a jail cell being punish before being found guilty of any crime.
spendius

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 05:13 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
After IMF chief scandal, Hyatt workers protest sex abuse.

That's a bit rich Bill. A lot of things have happened "after" the New York justice scandal. There is no mention of sex abuse in the rest of the weary tale of woe.

What "sexual abuse of hospitality employees" is being referred to and if they are genuine why are the appropriate authorities falling short of the high standards operating in NYC?

Ana Ley is involved in dirty tricks it seems to me. Exploiting what she sees as the voracious public appetite for the thrill of reading the words "sexual abuse". Again. It's pitiful. And it bodes no good for men or for women.
spendius

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 07:13 am
@spendius,
How an alleged war criminal said to be responsible for thousands of murders and displacement of thousands of women and children and burning their homes appears in a European court.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga348viE8Ck
BillRM

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 08:20 am
@spendius,
Right now everyone is fighting to gain control of the IMF at the very time when there are any numbers of economic crisis in the world that could end up harming tens of millions of men women and children.

Lovely that we do not care for the welfare of millions as we allow NY state to cause this level of chaos over a maid very unlikely charges of a force blow job.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 08:32 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

I think neorotic women obsessed with talking about sex is closer to the truth of not just this thread.

You, bill and hawkeye are women? I'll have to add a creepy old women tag.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 08:39 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

you
you
you
your
you
your
your
You
You
your
your
you
you
you
you
you
you
you
your
You
you
your
You
You
you
you
you
your
you
Your

do YOU have facts to bring to the discussion?

An old man's assessment of IrishK and her motivations is likely not of interest to anyone but the writer.
panzade

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 09:45 am
@BillRM,
Let's see if I can simplify your opinion Bill.

We could protect tens of millions of men women and children all over the world from harm just by turning a blind eye to a sexual assault in NY city.
Did I get the gist of your message?
spendius

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 09:48 am
@BillRM,
Exactly Bill. It disgusts me to think of all those expensive salivating lawyers and cossetted denizens of media licking their lips at the thought of copying out all the juicy bits for their avid readers to dampen their clotties on.

Perhaps the unending series of tragic events going on all around us is too much for them to take and such trivial distractions are necessary. But I do wish they would take it a little less seriously. It makes weak-kneed politicians take the outrage acting seriously and this is where we end up. A capitulation. But it doesn't stop here. Victory creates hubris and hubris creates a demand for more victories in the war to purify men to the point where they become putty in their hands. They got the votes. That's done and dusted. Purity for men is all they have left.

Now that is serious. If posh hotels would choose their cleaning staff on the basis of their unattractiveness, and goodness knows there are enough of them to choose from with immigrants taking their traditional jobs, perhaps we might reduce these extremely rare incidents to a point where they asymptote to zero. And I have reason to believe that cleaning would be more concientiously performed too.

You have to laugh though when great intelligence, effort and skill are brought to bear in order to eroticise these salubrious environments and then they are all indignantly outraged if it is alleged that one of the guests reacted inappropriately. It's a modern day Tantalus myth.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 09:57 am
@panzade,
Quote:
We could protect tens of millions of men women and children all over the world from harm just by turning a blind eye to a sexual assault in NY city.

We are not dealing with an assault pan. It is an alleged assault. Your solecism is a Freudian slip revealing how much you want it to be proved an assault.

And when an actuary gets the final expenditure total together I myself do believe it would have been far, far better spent in Haiti. Assuming they are not all as bent as a corkscrew over there as well. Or in Joplin.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 10:05 am
@panzade,
Quote:
Did I get the gist of your message?

No you did not.

Such key people as DSK should have immunity from any local police department in the world from interfering with him during the time he is in office.

If for example the New York Justice system can convict the board of directors of the IMF that the immunity should be waver fine and good but otherwise he can go on with his tasks.

When he is no longer director of the IMF either by the board removing him or his term being over then a NY state warrant would go into effect.

A charge of a force blow job can damn well wait if by not waiting you are taking the chance of harming the wellbeing of tens of millions or hundreds of millions and whole nation states.
spendius

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 10:15 am
@ehBeth,
Quote:
do YOU have facts to bring to the discussion?

I have a damn sight more than those referring to assault rather than alleged assault. As far as I can tell only two people know the facts of what took place in the hotel room. I know nothing about that. What facts I do know are related to how people have responded to the story. And there are plenty of facts in that fevered bag of tricks.
firefly

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2011 11:31 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Such key people as DSK should have immunity from any local police department in the world from interfering with him during the time he is in office.

That's ridiculous. You cannot give a license to anyone to commit crimes, particularly serious felonies.

You are over-estimating the importance this man had--as you can see, the IMF is functioning without him. He had planned to leave the IMF in a few months in order to run for the presidency of France.

And you continue to try to trivialize the nature of the crimes he is charged with. He is accused of committing violent felonies--forcible sexual assaults. There is no valid reason there has to be a delay in the legal process for those very serious charges--and that includes his arrest.
Quote:
you are taking the chance of harming the wellbeing of tens of millions or hundreds of millions and whole nation states.

Stop being so hysterically melodramatic. The fate of the world was not resting on this man's shoulders.

He's already been arrested and indicted. On Monday he will be formally arraigned. Then there will be a trial, if a plea deal isn't worked out first. So, stop beating a dead horse.