Is the Head of the IMF a Sex Criminal?

firefly

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 12:34 pm
@spendius,
Quote:

Why don't you answer my earlier post on seeking an agreed moral definition of rape?

Because I am not interested in hypothetical, philosophical discussions on "an agreed moral definition of rape".
We have agreed upon definitions of rape in our state sexual assault laws--these laws were written and adopted and agreed on by elected state legislatures, and they reflect the moral position of the community--such behaviors are considered wrong, morally and legally, and they are punishable with the force of law. And, in our state criminal courts, the definitions of rape given in the state sexual assault laws are the only ones which apply in a criminal rape case. Those are the definitions a jury would be given.

That you, or Hawkeye, or anyone else, might not like the criminal laws, or would rather mentally meander through endless philosophical discussions about "the real meaning of rape", really doesn't interest me, and it is completely irrelevant in the case of DSK. He is accused of violating very specific NYS criminal sexual assault laws which have very clear descriptions, and definitions, of the behavior which is regarded as criminal.

And DSK is not accused of rape. He is accused of attempted rape.

spendius

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 12:34 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
There is no such thing as a moral definition of rape except among misogynists .

Yes there is and I have provided it on this thread. And try not to call others misogynists because it's a tell-tale sign of being one and desperately trying to deny it in such an easy way. "It was Jimmy Ma'am," he said, slipping the catapult into a desk as she glared at Jimmy".

We're not at school pan.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 12:39 pm
@hawkeye10,
Veblen says somewhere hawk, if I remember his words correctly, that "America is by way of being a lunatic asylum." Or a "psychiatric ward". About 1910 maybe.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 12:53 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Because I am not interested in hypothetical, philosophical discussions on "an agreed moral definition of rape".

But you are for the very simple reason that the state of the current law is the result of hypothetical, philosophical discussions. Plus some strategic withholding of certain much sought after privileges of course.

But you're a lady I know, who, when she switches on her heated curling tongs is not much interested in the electricity generating system which gets them hot and not at all if it is the vibrating muscle toner with a range of heads.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 12:56 pm
@firefly,
And what pray my dear what will be criminal behaviour in fifty years if we don't make a stand on behalf of the little lads who manage to get past the abortionists. We live in a dynamic world. What is now is not set in stone. Will it be alright if they don't bow when they see a lady?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:20 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Unfortunately, BillRM does not understand that distinction which is why he erroneously asserts the two NYPD officers are "innocent". They were found "not guilty" which is a very different matter

An once more you are confirming that there is no real way for a man to clear his name after he had been charge with rape.

Such a public charge no matter what the outcome of a jury ruling happen to be will ruin a man for the rest of his life.

It does not matter if he is innocent as the virgin Mary his life is ruin.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:25 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Even in the Duke case that BillRM is so fond of citing, there is no evidence that this mentally disturbed woman, who was intoxicated at the time of the alleged event, and who never made a firm ID of her accusers

In so must as she did not have sex with anyone in the house by DNA evidence it is hard to state that she was in error of who she charge with a rape that never happen.

A woman that ended up setting fires to try to kill one boyfriend and did kill another boyfriend with a knife.

But then she is a poor black woman in a house full of men so somehow she must had been a victim.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:26 pm
@hawkeye10,
As MLK explained we are only obligated to abide by just laws,

That's a stretch hawk.

What he said was:
An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.

Ok everyone, substitute DSK for "an individual"

Does it feel right?

panzade

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:27 pm
@spendius,
Relax Bud! Have a laugh on me.
panzade

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:29 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
my mental illness in my opinion

<guffaw>

OOPS! Sorry, carry on!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:31 pm
@panzade,
Letter from a Birmingham Jail

Quote:
One may well ask: "How can you advocate breaking some laws and obeying others?" The answer lies in the fact that there are two types of laws: just and unjust. I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all."
BillRM

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:36 pm
@firefly,
Firefly if the maid wish to get $$$$$$$ out of DSK the only real means to do so in a settlement and the dropping of the charges.

Good luck in seizing funds in the EU with an American civil court judgment with special note how the French are feeling toward our legal system over this matter.

In any case if I was him I would have a team of financial advisers at work now making damn sure I was one hundred percents judgment proof.

Take note that there was very few dollars gotten out of OJ and he was an American citizen and not an expert on international banking.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:39 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
We have agreed upon definitions of rape in our state sexual assault laws--these laws were written and adopted and agreed on by elected state legislatures, and they reflect the moral position of the community
Law is what is written, how it is interpreted, and how closely it is followed. We also know that sex law is in rapid flux, that it has been written vaguely on purpose and that there is no agreement even amongst functionaries of the state what current law is. Your position is outrageous, so much so that we must assume that you are lying about your position for the purposes of evasion. The other choice is that you are an idiot, which we all know that you are not.
BillRM

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:43 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Your position is outrageous, so much so that we must assume that you are lying for the purposes of evasion.

Can there be any question that the lady is more then willing to lie and play words games?????
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
So, are you saying that DSK might have violated the sexual assault laws of NYS, as an act of conscience, because they were "unjust"? Then, as MLK, Jr. said, he must be prepared to accept the punishment for his acts. He should do his 25 years proudly.

You seem to be alone in suggesting that the NYS criminal laws which prohibit violent, forcible sexual assaults are at all "unjust". To whom would those specific laws be "unjust", except to those individuals who want to commit violent, forcible sexual assaults against the will of another person?

Awww..those criminal laws against violent, forcible sexual assaults take all the fun out of life, don't they, Hawkeye?

You were right when you described yourself as being "twisted".
spendius

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:48 pm
@panzade,
Oh--I'm relaxed enough pan. It's great fun.

Would you like to see me switch sides. When I get on my hindlegs extolling the virtues of pure innocent womanhood you had better watch out.

The main reason I don't is that the buggers need no help from me and I must admit that I am usually sympathetic to the underdog.

I'm also aware that some ladies think feminism and this stuff here is a male trick played on women to get them even more under subjection than they already are.

"I can't provide for you no easy answers"....

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:49 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Awww..those criminal laws against violent, forcible sexual assaults take all the fun out of life, don't they, Hawkeye?
We can all see your double standard here Firefly, as you want me to talk about what is just and what is not but you take the position that you dont need to question such matters, what ever the state tells you is fine with you. It is a lie of course, but it is your position here.
panzade

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:50 pm
@hawkeye10,
Ok. Let's do the test again.

Conversely, one (DSK)has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that "an unjust law is no law at all."

Does it roll right off the tongue ?

PS What I'm getting at, Hawk, is that your introduction of MLK into the DSK discussion is a noble endeavor...but it is finally gonna fall flat as a pancake. I just don't think MLK had DSK in mind when he said those stirring words
BillRM

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:55 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
but it is finally gonna fall flat as a pancake. I just don't think MLK had DSK in mind when he said those stirring words

Given that it is claimed that MLK would made DKS look like a boyscout in his sex life I would not be too sure of what he had in mind at any given time.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 28 May, 2011 01:56 pm
@panzade,
Quote:
I just don't think MLK had DSK in mind when he said those stirring words
MLK's words were not prefaced with the statement "these words only apply to those who agree with my sense of morality"..

Yes, I agree with St. Augustine....unjust laws of the state are not laws to me, they do not decide my actions. The state may well punish me for my refusal to obey it, but that does not mean that I will ever agree that they have the right to do so. Such an event would be the act of the state violating morality (or God if you wish) and me.
0 Replies