Is the Head of the IMF a Sex Criminal?

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 11:25 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Quote:
tossed the IMF into chaos and endangered the agency’s efforts to stabilize the European debt crisis.

Thank for posting an article that agree with me that this arrest had thrown the IMF into chaos and greatly reduce it abilities to help handle an economic crisis that the welfare of tens of millions or more men, women and children depend on the outcome of.

Did you not take note of that gem bury in the **** of attacking a man because he happen to be wealthy unlike his accuser.

Of course his accuser is likely to become wealthy herself beyond any dream she might had of wealth at least if her three lawyers can arrange such a payday.
firefly's post also supports my assertion that what happened here was a misunderstanding about consent caused in part by cultural differences.
firefly

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 11:35 am
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
firefly's post also supports my assertion that what happened here was a misunderstanding about consent caused in part by cultural differences.

In France, do they lock doors to keep the woman from leaving, and when the woman physically resists and says, "Non!" requiring the man to use physical force to restrain her in order to achieve sexual contact, do the French take that as an indication of "consent"? Rolling Eyes What DSK is accused of doing would also be illegal in France.

In NYS, sexual assaults committed by "forcible compulsion" presume the absense of consent.

BillRM

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 11:49 am
@firefly,
Quote:
This stopped being "a woman's word against a man's" once they lodged criminal charges against him. His accuser is now the state of NY. And, it is NYS that is formally accusing him of a sexual assault "by forcible compulsion"--meaning they have forensic evidence to support the element of physical force.

Playing words games as it is her word they are going on to level the charges and no one else so it is indeed her word against his on what happen or did not happen in that hotel room as no agent of the state happen to had been there that I am aware of.

Oh by the way had you seem this forensic evidences that back up her statements so completely that the state no longer need to depend on her testimony and therefore it is no longer a she said he said case and if so would you kindly post it here so all of us can be as inform as you seem to be.

So far the one thing we do know is that of the claims that had been leak by the state a numbers of them happen to not had been correct.
BillRM

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 11:52 am
@firefly,
Quote:
Non!" requiring the man to use physical force to restrain her in order to achieve sexual contact, do the French take that as an indication of "consent"? What DSK is accused of doing would also be illegal in France.

In NYS, sexual assaults committed by "forcible compulsion" presume the absense of consent.

Hawkeye she seem to be wishing once more to take the whips and the chains out of your bedroom. Drunk

firefly

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 12:24 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Playing words games as it is her word they are going on to level the charges and no one else so it is indeed her word against his on what happen or did not happen in that hotel room as no agent of the state happen to had been there that I am aware of.

I'm not playing games--the case is The People of the State of New York vs Dominque Strauss-Kahn. His accuser is now NYS.

She may be the key witness, but the state must present other evidence, and other witnesses, including forensics experts, detectives, and other hotel staff, to support their charges of "forcible compulsion" as well as to support the other charges. This trial will involve a great deal of testimony for the prosecution beside the hotel maid's account.

This never was a "he said/she said" case--that was a simplistic assumption on your part. This isn't a "date rape" case with no force involved. DSK is charged with violent felonies, by NYS, and the state must prove that the acts he committed involved physical force.

You really don't seem to understand the law in this case.
firefly

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 12:27 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Hawkeye she seem to be wishing once more to take the whips and the chains out of your bedroom.

Are you implying that Hawkeye is using such things by "forcible compulsion" against unwilling individuals?
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 12:31 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
She may be the key witness, but the state must present other evidence, and other witnesses

So no man had been convicted in New York State on the word of woman alone or that there is some requirements in New York Law that demand other types of evidence or more witnesses.

What another side bet that I can find cases where the man had been convicted on a woman word alone in New York State?
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 12:42 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
So no man had been convicted in New York State on the word of woman alone or that there is some requirements in New York Law that demand other types of evidence?
Bill, oft times the other "evidence" is second hand accounts of the words or actions of the alleged victim, in this case they will call the supervisor who found Ophelia who will tell the jury how she was acting at the time. It still boils down to being all about the alleged victim and not the accused, if a woman wants to frame a guy I am sure she knows that she needs to start the act immediately, that the cops and a jury will reward consistency. The only non Ophelia centric witness that they might have that we know about is whom ever alleged told her that the room was empty, if it ever happened. I am betting that what she was told was that that room was checking out that day, and check out was 12:00 so what was leaked as "Ophelia was told by her super that the room was empty" is actually "Ophelia assumed that the room was empty, and made at best minimal efforts to find out". I dont know how much luggage DSK had, but what ever he had was in the room, and he was in the shower so we know he was not fully packed yet. How long was she in the room before DSK "found" her?
firefly

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 12:47 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
What another side bet that I can find cases where the man had been convicted on a woman word alone in New York State?

Where the trial involved only one witness for the prosecution? Rolling Eyes Are you joking?
firefly

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 12:52 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
Bill, oft times the other "evidence" is second hand accounts of the words or actions of the alleged victim

In this case it must also include evidence of physical force--medical and forensic evidence. Some of that evidence could be on her body or on his.

This is not a he said/she said case. He is accused of violent felonies--and those are the charges that must be proved.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 12:55 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
This never was a "he said/she said" case--that was a simplistic assumption on your part. This isn't a "date rape" case with no force involved. DSK is charged with violent felonies, by NYS, and the state must prove that the acts he committed involved physical force.
And if the State has no witnesses and if Ophelia has no bodily injury then all the state has is her assertions. It is he said/she said.
BillRM

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 12:57 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Where the trial involved only one witness for the prosecution?

When there is no DNA and it is a stranger rape men had been convicted on the IDing of the woman alone.

When there is no question of sex happening between two people and the only issue is consent with no evidence of force men had still been convicted on the word of a woman alone.

Now what fantasy land are you living in?
spendius

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 01:00 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
I wonder if this case fall apart if all the rallies in this "victim" support will strangely disappear off youtube...

That's unlikely Bill. The rent-a-mob, which we are all supposed to take as read are hotel maids on ff's word which she got second-hand, or even third-hand, engineer will, is designed to go on U-tube to milk the case for all its worth, find DSK guilty pre trial and all whilst loving every minute of fantasising that hotel guests are going to jump on them at any moment due to the fascination and frenzy their sexual charms induce in males.

It must be very exciting for them I must say. And getting their ugly mugs beamed all around the world at the same time without having to score a home run or mistressmind the economic rescue from the abyss of meltdown which women caused in the first place.

And not a single politician dare say a word about it. Your womenfolk have got you by the short hairs goodstyle.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 01:07 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
And if the State has no witnesses and if Ophelia has no bodily injury then all the state has is her assertions. It is he said/she said.

Then they would not have charged him with violent felonies, because it would have been impossible for them to support those charges at trial. This is not a he said/she said situation.

In a he said/she said case, without any other supporting evidence, they lodge considerably less serious charges, if they even bother to make an arrest and bring charges, and, in most instances, those cases do not go to trial.
spendius

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 01:07 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
-where he locks a door, makes a sudden grab for the woman or chases her, tries to force an assault, etc.

You see Bill. They love it. Repeating these fantasies again and again. If you want to know what the etc is just check a few of ff's and engineer's posts out and they go further than that. They ******* love it. They can't shut up about it. They dwell on every lurid word and phrase with tender loving care. It's almost like the real thing. And there's no evidence for any of it. It's a sort of rolling orgy of sexual excitement with indignation acted out to give it a thin veneer of respectability.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 01:15 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
Then they would not have charged him with violent felonies, because it would have been impossible for them to support those charges at trial. This is not a he said/she said situation

You live in a dream world that have no connection to the real world.

Oh they surely did overcharge him in my opinion to give them room for a plea bargain however that is a side issue.
firefly

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 01:18 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
When there is no DNA and it is a stranger rape men had been convicted on the IDing of the woman alone.

They still need evidence that a rape occurred--some type of medical evidence.

Don't you believe that rapes or sexual assaults ever occur?

If someone mugs you on an empty street and steals your wallet and jewelry, and you then positively identify the person in a line-up, is there any reason the police should not arrest and charge him, based on your word, and your account, or that a jury should not believe you if you are telling the truth?
BillRM

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 01:21 pm
Hawkeye I been of the opinion for some time that when Firefly take some crazy position that she is just being dishonest in the service of her higher goals however from her last few posts I am no longer so sure.
firefly

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 01:22 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Oh they surely did overcharge him in my opinion to give them room for a plea bargain however that is a side issue

No, their description of his behavior, given in the criminal complaint, matches the specific violations of laws he is accused of. There are no indications of overcharging in this case.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 6 Jun, 2011 01:27 pm
@firefly,
Quote:
If the defense hints that it is "out of character" for DSK to commit such an assault, they open the door to allowing testimony about past assaultive actions toward women.

Surely not if the allegations of past actions are unsubstantiated. Will you make a specific effort ff to clear up this important point. Just for once eh? Can testimony on unsubstantiated evidence which has not been subjected to cross-examination be allowed? If such evidence is subject to cross-examination then fair enough.

If not it isn't worth a blow on a penny whistle in relation to anybody's "modus operandi" except that of those talking about it for their own purposes. These other women who have popped out of the woodwork to go on TV explaining how irresistible they are, or were, are irrelevant.

Quote:
The laws under which DSK is charged are gender neutral.

Heehaw, heehaw.

Quote:
And, it is NYS that is formally accusing him of a sexual assault "by forcible compulsion"--meaning they have forensic evidence to support the element of physical force.

And they now have a very powerful range of motives to find it too.