raprap

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 02:42 pm
@H2O MAN,
Then it must suck to be so consistently wrong, waterdude.

Rap
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 02:43 pm
@raprap,

Only you and your liberal friends would know all about being wrong so often
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 03:02 pm
Southern Baptist Liberals have constitutional fish fry--Cain is on the menu.

Southern Baptist Chides Cain for Mosque Comments

Lede PP

The Christian Post wrote:
Southern Baptist leader Richard Land chided presidential candidate Herman Cain for disregarding the constitutional rights of U.S. Muslims during a Monday C-SPAN interview. He reminded Cain that as a Christian and an African American, he should have a special interest in the enforcement of the constitution in all communities, not just approving ones.

Rap
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 03:21 pm
@raprap,

Southern Baptist... have they learned to dance yet?
raprap

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 03:43 pm
@H2O MAN,
Cain is not playing too well to his core constituents and his professed synod.

I'd say read the article, waterdude, but you've demonstrated in your past posts that your reading skills are barely marginal (musta been homeschooled?). So I'll just quote the critical three paragraphs.

Quote:
Cain, an associate pastor at Antioch Baptist Church North and a GOP presidential hopeful, argued last week that the ICM is not an "innocent mosque" and warned of the threat of Sharia (Islamic law) to American laws. He asserted in a Sunday Fox News interview that the Murfreesboro community has the right to ban the center's construction.

Land said he agrees that allowing Sharia law in the courts is unconstitutional, as it also violates the rights of women. He agreed that it should not be enforced in America's legal system or government, but reminded the public that that the First Amendment allows for religious freedom.

"I think the First Amendment is one of those amendments that is too important and protects rights that are too central to our guaranteed rights in this country to be left with a local option," he asserted.

Rap
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 03:51 pm
@raprap,

Laughing You are a lame joke a minute FapFap

Wash your hands when you're done.
raprap

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 09:36 pm
@H2O MAN,
I'm not trying to be funny, waterdude. I just call 'em as I see 'em.

Rap
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 11:26 am
I'll concede Cain has cajones--too bad he doesn't have a brain.

Herman Cain strives for new levels of anti-Muslim buffoonery

Adam Serwer wrote:
GOP Presidential hopeful Herman Cain is taking his efforts to win Republican votes by disparaging Muslims to the level of performance art.

Cain reiterated his opposition to a mosque in Murfreesboro, Tennessee yesterday on Fox News Sunday. Cain insisted that Islam is different from other religions because “fact Islam is both a religion and a set of laws, Sharia law.”

CAIN: They could say that. Chris, lets go back to the fundamental issue that the people are basically saying they’re objecting to. They’re objecting to the fact Islam is both a religion and a set of laws, Sharia law. That’s the difference between any one of our other traditional religions where it’s just about religious purposes. The people in the community know best, and I happen to side with the people in Murfreesboro.

WALLACE: You’re saying any community, if they want to ban a mosque?

CAIN: Yes. They have a right to do that. That’s not discriminating based upon religion.

Cain’s ignorance on the subject of religion and constitutional law is so vast it’s hard to know where to begin. For one thing, Islam is hardly the only religion to have its own laws — based on Cain’s arguments, Jews Catholics and Anglicans among others would also not qualify for religious protection under the First Amendment. The First Amendment protects the free exercise of religion, it does not sanction discrimination based on the religious prejudices of a given moment.

There is no one static set of precepts Muslims agree upon that Cain can refer to as “sharia law.” Sharia is a set of Islamic principles whose application varies based on interpretation. Ironically, by implying otherwise, Cain is insisting that the most draconian interpretations of sharia are the “real” ones, Cain is supporting the religious arguments of Islamic extremists. Cain argues that it’s not “discriminating against based upon religion” for a community to ban a mosque, which is absurd on its face. Cain is saying it’s not discrimination to discriminate.

The most pathetic part of Cain’s argument however, is his insistence that “the people in the community know best.” Most people in Tennessee support or are indifferent to the mosque, only 28 percent of those polled last year opposed it. But even if the community were overwhelmingly opposed to the mosque, that wouldn’t justify discriminating against Muslims, anymore than popular support for segregation in the 1960s American South would have justified discriminating against blacks. Cain recently opined that President Barack Obama isn’t a “strong black man” like Martin Luther King Jr. Does Cain truly believe that the MLK Jr, who referred to Islam as one of the world’s “great religions” and fought his entire life against the idea that “local control” somehow trumps the fundamental rights of individual minorities, would have supported a ban on mosques?

It was the first President of the United States however, who said that America gives to “to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.” Those words were more aspiration than fact when George Washington, himself a slaveowner, wrote them. But today, they are among the most basic principles any presidential candidate must uphold. Cain doesn’t even appear to want to uphold them.

Rap
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 08:22 am

Herman Cain continues to gain support Very Happy
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 11:15 am

Herman Cain splits with House GOP, says find FEMA offsets later
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 11:16 am

Herman Cain to Morgan Freeman: Sorry You’re So Ignorant
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 11:53 am

Cain appears not to be the way to go for libertarians.

He chooses to be a moderate on "gun control" that it be left
to the discretion of the State governments.
That is like a moderately accurate accountant,
or a surgeon with moderately clean hands on-the-job,
or a moderately drunken race car driver on-the-job.

Gary Johnson may be the best way to go; I'm not sure yet.
Perry has jabbed his foot in his mouth too ofen
qua matters of important conservative principle.
He has not said much qua the right to bear arms.

David
JTT

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2011 12:10 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
That is like a moderately accurate accountant,
or a surgeon with moderately clean hands on-the-job,
or a moderately drunken race car driver on-the-job.

Or a dunce of a lawyer when it comes to logic.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 10:21 am
Who will Herman Cain be running against if democrat leaders kick the kid to the curb on New Years Eve?

Obama, pull it out by the roots - Vote CAIN 2012
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 11:17 am

My supporters "do not defect"
OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2011 08:45 pm
@H2O MAN,
Cain is not much of a conservative
and he is ill-informed (at best).

He does not support defensive freedom, as a personal right.

David
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 04:59 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
I've seen no indications of this.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2011 10:03 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
I've seen no indications of this.
He favors giving the States discretionary jurisdiction qua the 2nd Amendment,
despite McDONALD v. CHICAGO (of whose existence, he is or was ignorant).

He has failed to understand easy questions
pertaining to issues of the day,
modern history and current events.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 06:11 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Cain's a problem solver, he can appoint key people to manage the smaller details.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2011 06:52 am
@H2O MAN,
We can do better than him. I think we will.
There is too much danger that he will pull the rope in the rong direction.

If we want a black candidate, there are better ones than him.

IF, off the cuff, he said that the right of self defense
shoud be left for the States to determine (as he DID),
that alone is enuf to tell us that he is not our guy.

He is not one of us.