good news and bad news for BBB

roger

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 03:52 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Yee Haw!

I've met nurses just like yours. I also had some great ones. I was uniformly pleased with the physical therapists and their associate degreed assistants. Not always happy with the ones called PT Technicians. They were basically nurses' aids working the only jobs they could find. It mostly showed.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 03:57 pm
I love it, BBB. I know how you feel, getting home after a tough ordeal. Enjoy.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 04:05 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Good to see you back home, BBB. I'm sure a good night's sleep in your own bed is just what the doctor ordered. Congrats on your successful recovery to date.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 05:13 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
Glad to see you home.
Very sorry to hear about the bully nurse. I am glad that calling for a doctor worked.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 09:14 pm
So glad to read that you're home, BBB! As Dorothy would say, there's no place like home.
msolga

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 09:34 pm
@Eva,
Welcome home, BBB!
Your little dogs are no doubt ecstatic! Smile
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 12:24 am
Glad you're home, kid.

Rest and be well.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 04:57 am
Very glad you are back at home, BBB. I hope your knee continues to mend well and that things will be much smoother sailing (and walking) for you very soon.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 01:05 pm
@firefly,
BIG SHOCK TIME!!!!!

I received the Presbyterian hospital bill for my surgeon and his hospital yesterday.

Four days in this hospital:

room charges - $2,691.00
pharmacy - 2,959.89
medical/surgery supplies - 61,492.00
laboratory - 6,490.00
radiology-diagnostic - 248.00
operating room services - 16,215.00
blood/blood storage - 654.00
physical therapy - 900.00
recovery room - 1,856,00

I paid $400 of this charge. Medicare paid the difference. A POX ON REPUBLICANS WHO WANT TO PRIVATIZE MEDICARE!!!!!

I have not yet received the bill for the fifteen days I was in physical therapy at the Presbyterian Kasemann hospital, including the transportation between hospitals.

I'm very glad the doctor saved my leg, but sometimes I wonder if it would have been less expensive to amputate it and give me an artificial leg? Hmmmm? I will rather have my fixed leg once I'm not hurting so much.

BBB
firefly

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 07:16 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
That bill is staggering...
Quote:
A POX ON REPUBLICANS WHO WANT TO PRIVATIZE MEDICARE!!!!!

Amen

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 07:32 pm
@firefly,
I do remember my breast cancer surgeon, now long ago, well reputed, deriving the least of all the monies, surprisingly little, given her respected knowledge and competence. I took it at the time as a very strange joke.

Anyway, I have a view,which generally ascribes to Atul Gawarde's. You can look him up or not, I'm not much of a promoter.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 09:36 pm
@Eva,
Oh, I thought Dorothey said, "There's no place like Kansas"--like home makes much more sense.
JLNobody

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 09:40 pm
@JLNobody,
Well, BBB, I'm glad my taxes have gone for something worthwhile.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 11:12 am
So how you doin', BBB?

How you doin', ButrflyNet?
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 09:45 pm
@Roberta,
Today was full of doctor appointments for the both of us, a steady parade of neighbors and friends welcoming mom home, the toilet in her bathroom getting so clogged it needed the magical touch of Saint Michael to clear it, my car deciding it needs mechanical attention from Saint Michael very soon or it will refuse to go much further, initial visits with visiting nurses and physical therapists, and mom making painful progress on her CPM machine so she can get her knee to loosen up and bend at the targeted geometric configuration of a life time yoga devotee.

My appointment was with the eye doctor who told me my current eye glass prescription is too strong, that I need bi-focals not single lenses, and that my eyes have very early stage cataracts forming. He says I have 20/20 near vision and 20/25 not the 20/30 far vision of my current prescription, and that I have an astigmatism in both eyes and not just the one. New glasses will arrive in about 10 days and I will no longer have to take off my glasses to see what I'm eating or read the computer screen.

I'm hoping for a bit of a break in the action tomorrow.

How's your tummy tum doing, Roberta?
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 09:49 pm
@firefly,
My guess is the final total when all the bills come in, it will be close to $300,000.

My surgery and 15-day hospital stay a few years ago was up over $200,000. BBB's hospital stay was for 19 days and included a gaggle of physical therapists and all those monitoring lab tests and additional units of blood.
roger

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 10:35 pm
@Butrflynet,
Based on my own experience, pt and labs have already been included in the bill. You might well be billed from doctors you've long forgotten, though.

Any outpatient physical therapy will be separate though. Anyhow, I'm glad it looks like she got off for less than a comparable stay at Motel 6.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 18 Jul, 2011 10:37 pm
@Butrflynet,
Based on my own experience, pt and labs have already been included in the bill. You might well be billed from doctors you've long forgotten, though.

Any outpatient physical therapy will be separate though. Anyhow, I'm glad it looks like she got off for less than a comparable stay at Motel 6.

Oh, would directed blood donations help. I do it every two months anyway, and am eligible in about six weeks.
JLNobody

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 02:11 pm
@roger,
Best wishes for BBB.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 23 Jul, 2011 10:27 pm
BBB, How you doin'?