The Communist Origin of the Modern Conservative Movement VI

Zardoz

Reply Wed 23 Oct, 2024 08:54 pm
You might have noticed that Trump was only going to eliminate income tax on a few select groups, social security, tips, fire, police and military. Why just those groups? Trump is hoping to buy votes with promises he can keep. All tax bills must originate in the House of Representatives. Even with Trump’s high tariffs they would not pay for the taxes lost due to elimination of the income tax on certain groups.

If you are not a member of Trump’s select groups, you would still pay the increased 60% tariffs on imported goods. Other countries would not stand still for the high tariffs and would retaliate with tariffs of their own. This would hurt our exports and cause a trade war. Why did Trump not just do away with income tax on everyone? He could not pay for it.

What this would do is levy a consumer’s tax which would put the tax burden on the lower and middle class. They must spend all or most of their money on their needs the while the rich only spend a fraction of their income on essentials. One of the big reasons the ungodly greedy want to move to a consumption tax is that all of their earnings on stock and bonds would be tax free. Trump can promise anything to anybody to get their vote but it is quite another to do away with income tax on favored groups but getting it through congress is another thing.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Thu 24 Oct, 2024 09:06 pm
Much has been made about inflation during this election cycle. People act as if this is the first time inflation every took place but in inflation has been far worse during Reagan’s term in office for instance. In 1981 the inflation rate was 11.4% in January. Inflation had been so high the government tried price controls. Is there anyone that is older that can’t remember how low prices were when they were a child. When I was a child, my dad bought a full-sized Chev in 1962 for $2,000 now you would be lucky you buy one for $30,000. Bread cost 30 cents when I was a kid, when my mom was a child, it cost 5 cents. Inflation is a fact of life it always has been and always will be. It may be higher at times and lower at times, but it always will be.

There is even a plus for the working man anybody that buys a house with a large mortgage benefit over time. When you borrow money, the dollar is wort dollar but after 29 years of inflation you may be paying back the loan with dollars that are only worth 30 cents after inflation is figured in. You may be paying the same dollar figure but is worth only 30 cents. My payments on my first house were only $81 a month. The next house payment, 15 years later, was $463. When I sols the first house I got over 100% more than I paid. Ask your grandparents about the prices when they were young.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Fri 25 Oct, 2024 08:38 pm
Trump carries on about the illegal aliens but he had 4 years to solve the problem and he did not. That was his biggest campaign promise and he did not solve the problem. If he tried and failed why would anyone believe he could do any better in another four years. Trump benefited from the COVID pandemic. While travel was restricted from Mexico it was also restricted from Cannada because of the pandemic. This is what Trump takes credit for the pandemic rules. Once the pandemic was over those rules ended per the courts.

Trump imports his labor for his businesses from other countries to benefit from cheap foreign labor to avoid paying the wage for American workers. Trump is a failure his biggest campaign promise and he could not kept. Trump only manage to build 2% of his great wall maybe he could build another 2% in his next term. They took a group of climbers from Ohio down to test Trump’s billion-dollar wall it took them only fourteen seconds to get across Trump’s wall.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Sat 26 Oct, 2024 09:01 pm
History really does repeat itself and we are reliving the period before the civil war now. In all other countries they did away with slavery without a civil war. In the 1850s there was an uprising of evangelicals in politics, sound familiar. The civil wars has been described by some scholars correctly as a religious civil war. There were two factions, the pro slavery south using the bible to back their argument and the northern faction trying to show that biblical morality was wrong when it came to slavery.

Why could the slavery issue not be resolved in a compromise? Preachers believe they know the will of God and you can never compromise with the will God. There is no such thing as the will of God but there are thousands of preachers who will tell you they know the will of God. It is easy to imagine that you know the will of God.

In the military preachers are indispensable they are the ones are used to convince the soldiers that it won’t matter if they are killed because they will have a better life in heaven. The preachers were used during the civil war to convince soldier to hold their ground but when the shooting started the preachers were the first to flee the battlefield. It seems like they didn’t believe what they were pedaling they did not want to go to the better place.

We are far closer today to another civil war than most people think. We have seen the second political uprising of evangelicals it will only take spark for the shooting to start. The preachers believe that it is the will of God that Trump be president and they won’t take no for an answer. It will be led by the preachers pushing Trump.
0 Replies