The Communist Origin of the Modern Conservative Movement VI

izzythepush

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2024 03:30 am
@izzythepush,
And as far as local government goes, Handforth Parish Council's meeting over zoom went global during the pandemic with Jackie Weaver becoming a minor celebrity and appearing on chat shows.

People are interested in local government.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2024 03:46 am
Here's a clear example of awareness.

Nigel Farage being "debanked" by Coutts was a very big story over here.

As big as Marjorie Taylor Green's attack on the house speaker or Arizona Republicans doing a volteface on reproductive rights after pre state laws came into effect.

The difference is that while we are aware of Mrs Green and the problems Republicans are having in Arizona Zardoz needed me to tell him about Farage.

The problem is that this lack of awareness comes into play when global issues are spoken of as if the rest of the world were some reflection of America.

Frank Apisa posted a piece about why British people with the exception of right wing nutters loathe Trump.

He wasn't that surprised, having spent time over here, but for many others it was a revelation.

The Kennedy family supporting Biden instead of their own is of similar newsworthy status, but nobody over here was surprised by it.

If Zardoz wishes to seriously discuss global issues, he needs to be more aware by looking at non American publications, and he needs to stop making assumptions based on American realities.

Until then he will remain parochial.
Zardoz

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2024 08:07 pm
@izzythepush,
I am not the one advocating the overthrow of the United States government, but religious right is.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2024 08:22 pm
@vikorr,
I already had an English teacher, but I didn't pay any attention to her either. When you get lost in the process nothing gets done. When everyone decides to be a clone there can be no progress.

A professional author uses the term the American Church and evangelicals does not use qualifiers. He does not say many American churches. He says the American Church. He does not say many evangelicals he simply says evangelicals.

No two people are alike, but it never stops people like you from trying.

rx
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2024 08:42 pm
@izzythepush,
I am afraid I would use a much harsher term than goat, Now, these preachers are insisting that the Jan 6 insurrection never happened. They tell their congregations that the FBI staged with crisis actors. The capitol police that were nearly beaten to death were crisis actors. Christians are conditioned to accept lies as the truth almost from birth and it makes them easy prey for future lies.

There is a feedback loop for these lies the preacher tells the lies and the crowd roars with approval. The preachers then tells a bigger lie and the crowd makes even more noise.

If you live long enough you have a good chance of losing your hearing along with other things.

When I was younger, I never had a problem with accents as you get older you also have a problem processing sounds into words.

Even in America you have a number of different accents. My cousins who lives only 200 miles north of me thinks I have an accent. Southern accents stick out.

America had an insurrection and Trump has vowed it will be much worse if he loses the election again. Stopping the Christian Nationalists from overthrowing our government is a much higher priority.

0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2024 08:45 pm
@izzythepush,
Why is it that I think you protest too much?
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2024 08:48 pm
@izzythepush,
I think the vast majority of people go about their daily life completely unconcerned with what is going on in the world other than the evening news.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2024 09:01 pm
@izzythepush,
I surprised you had even heard of Moscow Majorie. She has a big fan base in mental institutions here.

The local Newspapers have died out and the only news comes from the evening news, they decide which stories will be shown over here.

We know that Trump is unpopular in other countries they know he will screw them over if he gets the chance.

The Kenndy that is running is a worse conspiracy theorist than Moscow Margorie he believes that COVIDS vaccine turns children into gays and other far worse conspiracy theories.

I will stay in my own small pond rather than the ocean.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 02:45 am
@Zardoz,
Zardoz wrote:

I surprised you had even heard of Moscow Majorie.

We've known about her for a long time, the fact that you're surprised isn't unexpected.

By all means stay in your pond, at least you know it.
hightor

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 04:44 am
@Zardoz,
Quote:
I surprised you had even heard of Moscow Majorie.

She's been mentioned a lot on A2K, there's even a specific thread about her. It would have been difficult for any non-USA member active on A2K not to be aware of her. I was a member of a Britain-based forum for quite a while and got to know more about the UK at the time because I read discussions about British politics by British citizens. BBC broadcasts have helped fill in some of the gaps since that message board folded but it's not the same as following arguments between people you've come to know on a discussion forum.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 09:08 am
A2K has nothing to do with me knowing about MTG.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 08:29 pm
@izzythepush,
I have no intention of taking the world's problems on I will let you settle the world's problems.

The most dangerous place on capitol hill is between Moscow Majorie and microphone, she will run over you.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2024 08:37 pm
@hightor,
I have never been able to understand how someone who believed that Jews were using lasers from outer space to cause the California wildfires so they could build new highways. She also believed all the QAnon garbage. She needs to be in a mental institution not in congress.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2024 09:24 pm
They used to refer to some Americans who traveled overseas as the Ugly Americans. Now we have what we call the ugly Christians, and no one brings out ugly in Christians like Donald Trump. In fact, Trump brings out ugly in Christians like white on rice. It used to be people were entitled to their opinion, no longer if you hold a different opinion, you become a target of the ugly Christians hate and slander.

"French's wandering in the political wilderness attracted little attention at first. It wasn't until he declared in the opposition to Trump in the pages of the National Review his opposition to Trump--and condemned the figures forces of the White Nationalists "alt right" who supported Trump's candidacy that he became a target, The campaign against Frenc and his family was vicious. Twitter trolls bombarded him with death threats. They flooded the internet with messages accusing French's wife of Nancy, an outspoken survivor of sexual assault, of sleeping with groups of black men during his deployment in Iraq. They photoshopped images of his daughter, who was adopted from Ethiopia, inside a gas chamber (Trump depicted as in a Nazi SS uniform was shown with his finger on the ignition) The specter of physical violence was inescapable. Both David and Nancy began carrying pistols.

This or scenes like this are being repeated in churches all across the United States. It reminds of the lynchings the Christians did at the turn of the 20th century when they would first lynch a black man then burn his body and cut off his fingers and pass them out to their children for souvenirs. The more things change the more they remain the same.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2024 08:44 pm
“Darling noted how that there were people at his church who had strayed “really far into the conspiracy stuff and sending them legitimate news articles with facts didn’t work. These people have lost trust in institutions across the board, Darling said, and were effectively living in a different reality. Arguing with them was pointless. The only way to reach them, he said, was for pastors to “accept the burden of meeting these people where they are at and try and help them live more responsibly in the information age.”

It used to be the parents who worried about their children being involved in a cult. Now it is the children who are worried about their parents being involved with a cult. Fox News has done more than any single source to create that alternative reality. Some Fox News viewers turn their TV to Fox News and keep it there till they go to sleep, they watch Fox “News” version of Jan 6th insurrection and see only peaceful crowds walking down the halls of congress and then believe the capitol police were only crisis actors and when they were hit in the head with fire extinguishers that it was just like a stunt in the movies.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Thu 25 Apr, 2024 08:48 pm
“We all agreed these ideological die-hards whom French was describing were not the majority of the evangelical movement. There is a difference between the people who prefer the 6PM programing at Fox News to those of its cable rivals, and the people who marinade in right-wing misinformation all day long. That latter group, everyone estimated is no more than 15% to 20% of most Church congregations they knew of. The problem is, as More pointed out, “The vocal minority will always push around a timid majority. The people who care most usually get what they want.”

From the book “The Kingdom, The Power and The Glory”

It sounds like a classic case of the tail wagging the dog. I would estimate the percentage higher. I didn’t realize the Fox clones are far worse than FOX. Fox has done everything possible to create an alternative “reality.” Now you can have alternative “realities” cafeteria style. At one time Americans attached the highest value to truth. Now the truth for many Americans is only something that gets in the way of their political belief system.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Fri 26 Apr, 2024 09:15 pm
“I’m really tired of this talk about how these poor people don’t trust anything anymore. Oh no—you trust. You trust all the wrong stuff. You trust awful people, with awful intentions, for no good reason other than they tell you what you want to hear, French seethed. “You come home after work, put on Fox News, and leave it on until you go to bed. You trust Fox News—despite the Seth Richards conspiracy theory, the election bullcrap, all of the revisionist history on Jan 6. You sit there for hours, listening to this garbage, rotting your soul. And then you turn and say, ‘Why would I trust the New York Times?” Really? Why would you trust Tucker Carlson?”

From the book, The Kingdom, The Power, and The Glory.

There is now an organized movement inside the American Church to take back the churches from Trump and give them back to God. Many American pastors have simply given up and looked for work elsewhere, the stress is simply too much. It seems like at least some preachers are seeing the world as it is instead of what the political right wants you to see. At least some preachers realize that the political right was using them, and it only resulted in more extreme right candidates being elected to office. The first step in solving any problem is realizing you have a problem. The American Church is now at this stage.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Sat 27 Apr, 2024 09:06 pm
“This was a microcosm of Reed’s entire event. Character didn’t matter. Truth didn’t matter. Honor and integrity didn’t matter. These were means, and all that matters was the ends: winning elections. To achieve that end, Reed and his disciples were willing to invoke the name of Jesus, the son of God and argue that he was on their side.”

From the book “The Kingdom, The Power’ and the Glory”

This is how Christian events are typically organized, Character didn’t matter. Truth didn’t matter. Honor and integrity didn’t matter.” The speakers at that event lied freely including Trump’s big lie that the election was stolen.

Notice how the liars and cheats stated that God was on their side just as every army claims that God was on their side. It is very evident that the political operators are wagging the dog.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Sun 28 Apr, 2024 08:31 pm
Christian Nationalism is alive and well in the Arizona legislature. The legislature had passed a law that allowed the posting of the Ten Commandments in schools and the instructors could post and read the Ten Commandments in school. What about the separation of church and state? Christian Nationalists don’t believe in separation of church and state that is guaranteed by our constitution. They believe the church should run America.

The trouble with posting the Ten Commandments in schools is that not everybody in America believes in the same fairy tale. Should we post religious text from every religion? No, the Christian Nationalist would be the very first to object to religious text from other religions being posted in schools. As the religious right has gained political clout by dealing with the devil it has accumulated enough political power to begin implement its agenda. When the supreme court banned prayer from public schools it should have been obvious to any idiot that you could not post and read the Ten Commandments in public schools.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Mon 29 Apr, 2024 08:25 pm
As the supreme court contemplates whether Trump should have complete and total immunity Bill Barr, Trump’s former attorney general, in an interview on Meet the Press Sunday, stated that Trump frequently talked about having rivals executed. When Trump was hidden away in the basement of the White House during the George Floyd protests, he wanted the person who leaked it to the press executed. The coward hiding in the basement wanted someone else executed because they pointed out what a coward he was.

If you don’t see a problem with the supreme court giving Donald Duck complete immunity there is something wrong with you. Donald Duck would execute half of the country given the chance. Barr says that he doesn’t think Trump would really do it but Barr didn’t think Trump would try to steal the election either. Does it not strike you as unusual that Donald Duck should even be entertaining the idea of executing anybody. Its Donald Duck upbring in the mob hang outs that how they do business they just execute anyone that causes a problem. They tell us if someone keeps talking about shooting a bunch of school kids, they should be turned in, so there is a connection between someone who talks about killing people and people who actually kill people.
0 Replies