The Communist Origin of the Modern Conservative Movement VI

Zardoz

Reply Thu 15 Mar, 2018 09:10 pm
@oralloy,
Oralloy

If a few people getting killed in a theater after someone yells fire in a crowded theater is a good reason to limit the first amendment then more people being killed with guns since 1968 than in all the wars in American history is a great reason to limit the second amendment. Many soldiers have survived a war only to come home and be blown away by some nut with a gun. The American sniper survived several tours in Iraq only to come home and be blown away by a gun nut.

You could buy all the guns you wanted with pistol grips even under the 1994 assault weapon ban none of the demonstrations about gun violence were about banning pistol grips.

It was always believed that soldiers going off to war were in more danger but now we know far more people are killed at home with guns. No, it was not because of pistol grips on guns it is because gun manufacturers have flooded the streets of America with modern weapons of war.

The only reason the Virginia Tech shooter was able to kill so many students was he chained the doors in the building and barred their escape. So, he could just walk around and shoot the trapped students.
The Virginia Tech shooting is a bit dated as it took place in 2007 but in the last year and a half we have the Las Vegas shooting killing 59, the Pulse night club shooting killing 49, and the Parkland FL shooting killing 17. Shootings like everything else evolve and no self-respecting mass murder wants to be caught without his assault weapon.
It is hard to even imagine freedom when your dead after you have been gunned down by someone with an assault weapon. There is absolutely nothing about guns in the civil rights laws. Sixty-eight percent of American people want assault weapon banned. In our country the majority rules it is just a matter of time.

_You can have all the pistol grips you want it is assault weapons that must be banned.
Zardoz

Reply Fri 16 Mar, 2018 09:03 pm
@oralloy,
Oralloy

I guess it would depend on the density of the population. If an atomic bomb hit island with a population of 16 than the AR-15s used in the Las Vegas shooting was far more deadly killing 59 and injured 841.

The most important features of the M-16 were covered by the original patent for the AR-15 was a unique way to chamber shells quickly. The advancement that was patented allowed the AR-15 to have the capability to chamber over a hundred rounds a minute. The device that makes in effect fires each round as it enters the chamber is not the problem that was solved by the AR-15. It is much harder to get the rounds from the magazine into the chamber so quickly than to make it fully automatic. For a school shooter getting those rounds chamber so quickly is the most important feature of the gun for mass murder.

The capability to fire so many rounds so quickly makes it as efficient as some machine guns. I could pull the trigger 106 time in a minute without practice that would exceed the rounds fired by some machine guns. The assault weapons were banned for a reason and that reason was the amount of rounds they can fire in minute that is what causes the massive amount of damage they cause.
If England current restrictive guns laws are not based on English common law than there is no such thing as English law. You can’t have it both ways claiming that English common law gives you rights and then saying it does not do the same in England.
Than you expect the Supreme Court to adopt the restrictive English guns laws because if they have to accept one English Law they have adopt them all. You simply can’t pick and choose if one English law is binding they all are.

Recorded history is nice but it is just that recorded history but you just want to pick and choose.

Zardoz

Reply Sat 17 Mar, 2018 09:13 pm
@oralloy,
Oralloy

We don’t need to repeal the second amendment we just need to make sure common- sense limits are placed on it. The first guns were taken in FL this week under the new gun law. Under the previous law taking someone gun could result in the police officer being removed from office and fined $5,000 for taking someone’s guns.

The NRA (gun manufacturers association)) is busy in FL trying to overturn the law that allowed the police to take the guns of a man who claimed Osama bin Laden was after him but that he was a shape shifter and hard to describe. He had turned off the electric in the apartment complex claiming his legs were being electrified. The NRA is in FLA to make sure this nut second amendment rights are not violated. He had several guns and 267 rounds of ammunition. The gun manufacturers want to interest him in a new AR-15.

Assault weapons don’t need a pistol grip. They will fire just as many rounds from the shoulder without a pistol grip.
Pistol grips have never been banned you could always buy a gun with a pistol grip.
We have a problem in this country with mass murder. There are two parts to the equation the gun and the shooter. We have 13 million psychopaths who are fully capable of mass murder who are not suffering from mental illness. We can’t eliminate 13 million psychopaths so the banning the assault weapons is the only possible solution. They are just different and have no capacity for empathy.
If assault weapons were just rifles with pistol grips then these murders would be done with a number of different rifles but they continue to use the same style of assault weapons. This situation is not getting any better.
A good reason is the fact we have killed more people on the streets of America since 1968 then in all the wars in history. That is a tremendous reason.
English Common law is nothing more than the sum of court decisions in the courts of England over a long period of time. Can you even imagine how many extremely bad court decisions are part of English common law? Many common court decisions are overturned every year. So, if you are correct we are stuck with every bad court decision in England over the last 1,000 years.

Reply Sun 18 Mar, 2018 08:47 pm
@oralloy,
Oralloy
Hanging all the bad court decision made by ignorant foreigners around the neck of America would be much like hanging an albatross around America’s neck.
There are laws even in America that are absurd. One Kentucky states law states that your brake lights must have stop written across the stop lights. Another law from Owensboro Kentucky law states that a woman may not buy a hat without her husband permission. English common law would be absolutely full of garbage like this. We would have no way to repeal or pick and choose which English laws we would like to be subject to.
You can have a 100,000 pistol grips if you want ____________________________________________________
Times are changing the political winds are shifting.
I have to say I thought the remark funny. If you don’t have a sense of humor it is hard to get through life. Assault weapons are indeed on the way out but you will always be able to buy a pistol grip.
Zardoz

Reply Mon 19 Mar, 2018 09:18 pm
@oralloy,
Oralloy

Replying to one of your posts is like taking a psychology test were the same questions are asked repeatedly to see if they can trip you up. The questions are altered slightly but are the same questions.
I understand that other countries can make laws but it doesn’t mean that America is bound them. You simply want to cherry pick certain laws and say they apply but it the same time say that the England strict gun laws don’t. You can have your Kate and Edith too.
Again, the number of people killed in mass murder at Virginia Tech was made possible by chaining the main doors. Once the shooter had the students hostage he could have killed that many with an ax. All of your shootings with hand guns that took place over the last 19 years. In the last year and there have been four major mass murders in the last year and a half. The Sutherland Springs, Texas mass murder killed 26 and injured 20 in a church. God was duty he just didn’t give a damn. That is four major mass murders in the last 18 months compared to your hand gun shootings over 19 years.
The fact that anything can be converted to full automatic should scare the hell out of you.
If they can design shock absorbers that will take the shock of hitting a pothole out of 3,000 lb. car it should be easy to build a shock absorber that would absorb the shock of recoil with current technology.
You are right Adam Lanza did not fire all the rounds from his clips which indicates to me something was malfunctioning in the gun but again there are no explanations for gun nuts.
We have a problem in America we are by far the most violent society of any civilized country in the world because of the wide spread distribution of guns. More people are dead on the streets of America since 1968 then in all of America’s war in history.
We have the best reason in the world to limit the second amendment and that is human life. You can not bring a single school child back to life. It is ironic that the same people pushing for right to life are the same ones pushing death. As long as the baby is born it is alright if its brains are blown out next week. They are no longer interested in the right to life. You must see pistol grips in your dreams.

Reply Tue 20 Mar, 2018 09:28 pm
@oralloy,
Oralloy

You are absolutely obsessed with pistol grips. You might want go ahead and buy them up just in case they are banned one day. I don’t believe it will ever happen but...

I don’t think anybody needs a grenade launcher on their AR-15. It might just be me but they can already kill 59 people at a time he does not need to cause anymore damage. But the pistol grip is not banned only a combination triggers the ban.
If I joined the military and was sent to Afghanistan and a battle was raging and they gave me hand gun to join the battle I would desert because there is no way to fight assault weapons with a handgun.
Assault weapons are designed to fire many more bullets at a faster rate. In fact, the very design was intended to let one man commit mass murder. America is already a battlefield and assault weapons are making far worse.
All of the civil rights legislations deals with discrimination.
There is no documentation for space aliens destroying the twin towers however all you have to do is follow the money trail to see that the gun manufacturers own the NRA. A tiny organization like the NRA with only 5 million members could not contribute $130 million in the last election but do you know who could? The gun manufacturers they could and they did they just don’t want the money trail to be traced back to them. The NRA is paid so much for every gun sold by some gun manufacturers. Space Aliens are a figment of your imagination gun manufacturers dollars are not.
The Heller decision clearly state that limits can be placed on the second amendment. Your position is there are absolutely no limits on the second amendment even that the second amendments entitles to all future inventions. Assault weapons are not normal weapons they are weapons of war designed to fight wars with.
There is no history after an atomic bomb.

If you follow your reasoning then we could not stop people from yelling fire in a crowded theater. We could not prevent slander. The first amendment has certainly been limited by legislation and the second amendment is going to be limited whether the gun manufacturers like it or not. Conflicts and limits are resolved by legislation.
When survivors of Las Vegas shooting said when the shooting started they thought it was fire crackers or part of the show. So, they did not react until they were splattered by the brains of the people next to them. In concert the venue is made to contain people and keep others out. The crowd is large the exists are few and over crowed. It was like shooting fish in barrel. Where ever the bullets hit they would hit someone. Schools are the same most students were locked in class rooms and when the shooter shot the doors open there is only one way out past the shooter. If 3,000 students try to get out the few exists the shooters just fires at will. One of these days you may be at a mall and when the shooting starts you will see that running away is much more difficult than what you imagine.
Why do you think the inventor of the AR-15 was granted a patent and the US Army changed to M-16 based on the AR-15? The AR-15 is a quantum improvement over anything in existence. The only difference is the speed the trigger can be pulled and we know even the AR-15 can fire a hundred rounds a minute. That is a lot of power far more then is needed.

Assault weapons are not designed to be aimed just pointed in the general direction and watch where the bullets are hitting.
Do you think the shooter with an AR-15 is going to stop firing and let you shoot him? A gun fight is far different than what NRA members imagine. We had two guys in a trailer in a gun fight they fired 18 rounds between them and no one was hit in a trailer. When you have a hundred rounds a minute coming at you it is hard not to get a shot and most likely when you stick your head out your dead. The LA Police found out real quick that a number of LA policemen were no match for bank robbers with assault weapons. They had to go to a nearby gun store and get an assault weapon to continue the fight. If six professionals didn’t stand a chance do you think a school teacher with a cap pistol would have a chance? ____________________________________________________
Looks like I will have to finish up tomorrow.

_________________________________________________________________________________
Zardoz

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 09:33 pm
@oralloy,
Oralloy

You continue to live in a fantasy where the second amendment has no limits. Those days are over forever.
The police weapons across the country were traditional 38 sub noses or 357s but after the Florida FBI shoot out and the Los Angles shoot out the guns were replaced across the country with 9mm. At the Los Angles shoot out the policeman got an assault weapon from the gun store.
A model T and a Ford Fusion are both cars but one is much faster than the other guns are exactly the same way. Out of all the thousands of types of guns made why do mass murder choose assault weapons?
Hunters are dangerous enough with one bullet. There are always a few killed each year in WV. I have relatives that hunt and they describe a war zone as a dear heads down the hallow guns are going off on both sides and then when the deer finally dies there is armed confrontation over who’s bullet was the fatal shot. If the deer hunter were using AR-15s the deer would make it an instead of a few dead deer hunters there would be a few hundred. The AR-15s are not known for accuracy they depend on spraying a number of bullets.
No, the NRA is not the reason for banning assault weapons the thousands of people killed and injured by assault weapons is. The NRA is the enemy because they are a front for the gun manufacturers and fight any and every proposed gun regulation.
You miss understood what the NRA was up to they were trying to prevent any new gun regulations from being put in place. “The NRA is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law.” The NRA was stalling for time until they could use their army of crooked politicians to bury the bill in committee until the outraged began to subsist. The NRA answers was not one more regulation on the gun manufacturers products.
The bump stock law remained buried just as the NRA directed from Oct 6, 2017 until the FL school shooting took place in Feb 14, 2018. When the NRA’s crooked politician again gave the bump stock ban some lip service and promptly buried the bill again. The NRA will fight any new regulation on guns whatsoever their standard answer is if current laws are enforced there won’t be a problem as long as you believe killing more people than in all of America’s wars in history on American is not a problem.

Assault weapons are far more deadly than other weapons.
Remember the asbestos manufacturers? They sold a product claiming it was for the people’s safety. They like the gun manufacturers knew their product was not safe but continued to market for the “safety” of the families. The gun manufacturers knew for a fact that their guns were 3 1/2 times more likely that a family member would be killed or injured than a robbery prevented. The Asbestos manufacturers have been paying off for 40 years.
Check out how many people that sued the lying companies that manufactured asbestos lost their retirement. There is no difference the second amendment doesn’t grant immunity to manufacturers who consistently lie to market their product.

The article is: “The Ultimate Guide to American Gun Control Laws”

Reply Thu 22 Mar, 2018 08:59 pm
@oralloy,
Oralloy

The reason that there has not been any school shooting with full automatics is they are not readily available at your corner gun store but AR-15s are. To own a full automatic, you need Federal Firearms License and that is why they are not used in school shootings.
If you bought a house a house for $20,000 and did $150,000 improvements would you be required to sell it for $20,000 because buyer was entitled to all of those improvements for nothing? That is what you believe about the second amendment that your entitled to 200 years technological improvement on a 1791 law. The founding fathers had no way of knowing how far technology could advance in 200 years. Dead hand control is blind.
You don’t stay current on politics that is why you believe the NRA is the real government of the United States. Do you have a body count in mind to make it mass destruction? Fifty-nine killed and 841 injured sounds like mass destruction to me.

0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Fri 23 Mar, 2018 08:49 pm
@oralloy,
Oralloy

An Assault weapon is not a cosmetic feature it is whole different type of weapon designed for mass murder.

The large detachable magazine does make a difference and that is a feature of every assault weapon.

There are only to components the assault weapon and the shooter who is one of 13 million psychopaths in America. We can’t arrest mass murders before they commit mass murder but we can ban assault weapons.

The NRA has no say in the matter. Did you see how swift the NRA members were stripped of their benefits? In a matter of a few corporate America had dropped the NRA like a hot potato. The big magazines and the assault weapons must both be banned.

Psychopaths are not mentally ill they blend in with the rest of the population. Often a serial killer is a family man and even after murdering 20 to 30 women nobody suspects them. One woman worked side by side with Ted Bundy and had no clue he was a serial killer. The Las Vegas shooter displayed no overt symptoms even up to the very minute he started slaughtering people. There has never been a mass murder found innocent by reason of insanity. There is a good reason for that the shooters are not nuts. It was just easy to scapegoat the mentally ill and hide the real problem. Stephen Paddock was 64 and in his entire life no one described him as mentally ill. If you are trying to stop the mentally ill you are chasing a red herring the NRA invented. The court intervention would not have stopped even one mass murder. You might stop some individual who thinks Osama bin Laden is a shape shifter and is after him. The mental process of someone that is truly mentally ill is so messed up that they are not capable of the carefully planning that goes into mass murder.

Mass murders are not mentally ill and no court would ever find that they are and that is what would be necessary to take the guns. A psychopath would pass every test designed to find mental illness.

Limiting capacity of clips might help but the shooters would just carry more clips.

The NRA is has been they are already defeated corporate America kicked their ass.

The one and only thing that makes it possible for one man to kill 59 people is an assault weapon.

Isn’t funny how after the bump stock bill was buried by the NRA’s crooked politicians that it suddenly came back to life after the FL shooting and all the overdue outrage over assault weapons?

The NRA is now irrelevant in the face of overwhelming opposition from an outrage from the rest of America.

Psychopaths blend in the Las Vegas shooter was 64 and was gambling shortly before the mass murders started. Here is a grandfather that no one would suspect.

Now that the NRA has been outed and everyone knows that they are just the gun manufacturers in disguise their credibility is gone.

0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Sat 24 Mar, 2018 08:13 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo

Abortion is a medical procedure. We have literally millions of drug addicted prostitutes in America today forcing them to carry drug addicted fetuses to term will leave us with a massive crime problem 20 years from now. On the other handgun deaths are a public health problem that has killed more “actual people” since 1968 than all of the wars in American history.

The FBI records statistics gathered from local Police departments that are often reluctant to report violent crime because it makes them look bad. The FBI is not equipped to do anything but gather statistics, not to study the problem and suggest solutions. The Center for Disease Control serves as a national health department and one of the leading causes of death in America is gun violence. If there were as many people killed by a disease as are killed with guns there would be a massive amount of money spent to solve the problem. The NRA (gun manufacturers association) does not want any good statistics generated let alone the obvious solutions published.
Statistic would be much better collected from medical authorities than from police departments who have a vested interest in keeping their violent crime numbers as low as possible. Last year we had a record amount of murders but the media and the police department disagreed on the body count. If you got the count from the Newspaper was different from the television news. Part of one body was found floating in the river and it seems the police department wasn’t sure whether it was accidental or not. Her murder was later found putting her head and other body parts in dumpster earlier this year but she was not listed as murdered on last year statistics. Theory being she was a drug addicted that died of an overdose and was later cut up by fellow drug addicts to conceal the overdose. Turns out she was killed with a shot gun.

0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2018 08:16 pm
@hightor,
Hightor

The fact that the NRA (gun manufacturers association) has aggressive interfered in the political process to stop any study of gun violence for the obvious reason that the study might result in lower gun sales creates a liability. This may turn out to be the stupidest thing they ever did. By actively blocking any study of the gun violence problem they were actively concealing from the public how dangerous guns are while at the same time marketing them for the “safety” of a family. Because the study of gun safety was blocked we don’t know how much more dangerous it is to own a gun than not own one. There should studies done of families who own guns compared to similar families who don’t own guns looking for the accidental shootings, murdered family members, suicides and murder of others. This would allow us to quantify the actual risk in gun ownership. Say there is a risk factor 3 ½ times higher for owning a gun. Gun shops would be required to tell customers you are 5 times more likely to murder a family member if you own a gun than if you did not. That you are 10 more likely that you or a family member will commit suicide and 20 times more likely to be involved in an accidental shooting.

We now require warnings on cigarette packages that smoking is hazardous to your health. Guns packaging should carry the warning that guns may lead to sudden death and list the actual cases.

On another occasion in America one of our largest corporations tried to hide how dangerous their product was until it was spread throughout the country and the death count climbed. When the cause of deaths was finally made public and the fact that the company had known for years that their product caused the deaths caused law suits nearly bankrupted the company. A $30 billion trust fund exist to pay those who died or are dying of asbestosis today. Asbestos was used in schools, public buildings and even in most homes around vent pipes. The brakes of all trucks and cars as well as clutches used asbestos. If samples were taken by major highways the ground would test positive for asbestos from brake dust. This is the legal theory that will bring the gun manufacturers to their knees. When the gun manufacturers knew their product was dangerous to the health of the public and then actively tried to conceal the fact and subvert the government from even studying the problem. Case law has already been established in the cases of asbestos and cigarettes.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2018 08:43 pm
@oralloy,
Oralloy

You are up against a gun that is designed to deliver 400 to 600 hundred rounds a minute and your hand gun will deliver 6 rounds a minute it is simply no contest.
It is hard to get a shot off if it is raining bullets all around you. It is easy to fantasize what a bad ass you are but when faced with reality it is a different ball game. Most gun nuts suffer from the hero complex and imagine all kinds of situations where they would take down a bad guy but faced with an actual bad guy they are far more likely to get shot in the back running away. I always liked the NRA supposition about the theater shooting in Colorado that if everybody had a gun it would have solved the problem. You are in a darkened theater and all you see is a muzzle flash and loud noise. The shooter is not standing still. The first gun nut gets his pistol and shoots in the general direction of where he saw the muzzle flash and hits and kills a theater patron. The second gun nuts get his gun and shoots the first gun nut. The third gun nuts shoots the second gun nut and the process would continue till everyone was dead or wounded. The shooter would likely not be harmed as he is constantly on the move.

The bad guy is not there to take a tour of the school he will come in shooting and not stop till he runs out of ammunition or victims which ever comes first. If you think he will stand there and wait for you to shoot him you don’t understand the game.
Police are trained not to go to a shooting site alone. When a shooting call went out the responding policemen would pick a location close to the shooting and meet there so that they would arrive at the shooting scene together. A shooter has the advantage on one policeman.
One of the victims in FL shooting was hit ten times, do you think he was aiming or just shooting in the general direction. The object is to kill the maximum amount of people in the shortest amount of time. If the students would just line up along a wall and wait to be shot aiming might be of some advantage but it is pandemonium with people running everywhere. Shoot in the general direction and the bullets will hit someone. Mass murder is not at all like hunting deer.
____________________________________________________________________________________
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2018 08:10 pm
America has tolerated the NRA (gun manufacturers association) as they took control of the government by buying politicians. The public has long believed that the NRA is a grass roots organization of citizens but when you follow the money it leads to the inescapable fact that gun manufacturers launder their money through the NRA and that money lets them control the NRA agenda. The gun manufacturers association use of the NRA was so successful that the tobacco companies tried to imitate it they called it the smokers association. A seemingly grass organization to do your lobbying would be much more effective than taking money directly from the tobacco companies. What if the public knew that Trump got a campaign contribution of $10 million from Colt, the maker of the AR-15, to assure that he would not sign any gun control legislation that would ban the sale of AR-15s. That in effect is exactly what is happening except Colts money is being laundered through the NRA.

In our society charities are tax free but many may not realize that other organizations are also tax free and many of those are political organizations. In other words, political contributions to the NRA are tax free. Colt could contribute $10 million to the NRA and take it off their taxes. The rich have gained control of our political system using that loop hole. Charitable deserves deserve to get donations that are not taxed but political front organization do not. Doing away with the tax-exempt status for political organizations would help raise tax revenue. The law should stipulate that the major contributors to a political organization must be listed alongside the front organization. The NRA would lose a lot of its influence if the public knew where the $300 million in political contributions they spent in the last election actually came from.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2018 08:32 pm
The bulk of the money flowing into the NRA comes from the gun manufacturers.

“Since 2005, the gun industry and its corporate allies have given between $20 million and $52.6 million to it through the NRA Ring of Freedom sponsor program sponsor program. Donors include firearms companies like Midway USA, Springfield Armory Inc., Pierce Bullet Seal Target Systems, and Beretta USA Corporation. Other Supporters from the gun industry include Cabala’s, Strum Rugar & Smith & Wesson.”

The NRA also made $20.9 million—about 10% of its revenue--from selling advertising to industries companies marketing products in its many publication in 2010, according to the IRS Form 990.

From an internet article titled: “How the Gun Industry Funnels Tens of Millions of Dollars to the NRA”

Source: “Business Insider” Jan 16, 2013 1:25 PM

This program is one of many used by the gun industry to launder their money and make it appear the gun industry is not the one making the campaign contributions. The article written in 2013 and no doubt the gun manufacturers ramped up their contributions for the 2016 election.

“Additionally, some companies donate portions of sales directly to the NRA. Crimson Trace, which makes laser sights, donates 10% of each sale to the NRA. Taurus buys an NRA membership for everyone who buys one of their guns. Strum Rugar gives one dollar to the NRA for each gun sold. The NRA’s revenue is intrinsically linked to the success of the gun business.”

Same article, same source.

Zardoz

Reply Thu 29 Mar, 2018 08:12 pm
Who controls the past controls the future: Who controls the present controls the past.

From 1984

“Past events, it is argued, have no objective existence, but survive only in written records and human memories.”

The gun manufacturers in America have been controlling the past. The biggest myth of the 21st century is that mass murders are done by the mentally ill when in fact mass murders are committed by psychopaths. If you believe that the mentally ill are responsible for the mass murder in Las Vegas that killed 59 people and injured 841 then you just throw your hands up and say oh well nothing can be done. But if you know the truth and realize the Las Vegas shooter was a psychopath and that there are at least 13 million more just like him living in America today than the problem is the weapons of war. Psychopaths are not mentally ill they are intelligent functioning human beings that not only lack empathy but seem to take enjoyment in the suffering of other human beings and animals.
If someone is mentally ill stabs someone to death because they think they are a shape shifter we throw our hands up because it is like someone being struck by lightening there is nothing we could have done to prevent it. But mass murders are intelligent and plotting. The case the site of their mass murders like a bank robber. Recently on the news they showed the Pulse Night Club shooter casing Disney World his initial plan was to commit his mass murder at Disney World. He decided he could tell he could not kill enough people at Disney World.

By changing this one item in history the gun manufacturers have been able to keep flooding America with weapons of war. Mass murders in America were perceived as equivalent of lightening strikes there was no point in trying to anything about them. You have a small chance of being struck by lightening or being killed in a mass murder but something can be done about mass murder.

The gun control movement is going to have to take control of the past from the gun manufacturers because their version of the past benefits them.
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Fri 30 Mar, 2018 08:01 pm
Now that the first wave of demonstrations for gun control are over it is time to build a lasting organization. The demonstration in Washington DC had over 800,000 people dwarfing Trump inauguration crowd. Demonstrations are not hard I have been to plenty what is hard turning those demonstration into an organized, disciplined political movement. To go to demonstration and parade down the street in front of the press is one thing spending major chunks of your time behind the scene is another. Now is the time to organize to reach out to those that demonstrators in each city and form not only nationally but local chain of command. Someone should be in charge in each city and organizational chart drawn with how to contact each person in the chain of command. They need to look at traditional politics organization for a model, phone banks, door to door visits, written political literature, and get out the vote activities on election day as well as other tried and true methods need to be employed. Information is key. Voting records of those who have blocked the assault weapons bans are needed. Of course, funds need to be raised also.

The demonstrations made a big impression on the nation as a whole but it won’t make much of a difference to the politicians who take the gun manufacturers money. The gun manufacturers have a proven track record of getting their lackies elected. The only thing that will truly make a difference is to make the NRA endorsement the kiss of death to politicians running for office. It is late in the game to form an effective political organization before the May primary but the longest journey starts with the first step. The ban the assault movement does not have $300 million to hand out in the next election but we do have something almost as powerful, people. Find the politician in the upcoming primary who favor a ban on assault weapons and get as many people as possible to work for them in the primary. Politicians need people to man the phones stuff envelops and pass out political literature. The movement may not be able to elect every candidate but it will make a difference. Political power is not gained by demonstration alone it is gained by hard work and a lot of time. The NRA had a picture of an assault weapon on their web site that said “we will control our guns” but it was removed on the day of the demonstrations.

“The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing.”
0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Sat 31 Mar, 2018 08:07 pm
There was another possible school shooter in FL before the Parkland FL shooting. A Chinse college student had bought two semi-automatic one he described as a sniper rifle. The student, Wenliang Sun, is now locked up along with his weapons of war. His student visa was revoked because he had stopped attending class and he is in the process of being deported. The shooting no doubt would have taken place on the University of Central FL campus before the shooting at Parkland. Because Sun was a foreigner his guns could be confiscated had he been an American there would have been a second school shooting in FL this year.
If you want to solve a problem call a rock singer. I guess the old saying should be modified to, Sex, Drugs, Rock and Roll and AR-15s. Nugent has only been on one end of an AR-15 if he was on the other end like those from Parkland High School I’ll bet it would change his tune. After they started shooting Republicans in Washington last year DC Nugent decided to keep his mouth shut. Nugent was on a right-wing radio show, The Joe Pags Show, and aske why the “media” had turned against the NRA. Hey Ted it might have something to do with the fact that more people in America have been killed with guns than in all of America’s wars in history.

Nugent continues to hide behind the NRA and says more guns will result in fewer deaths. If you want to get heaven, according Nugent, you need to buy more guns. Nothing says Christian quite like an AR-15. There is one thing you can take from Nugent’s ravings about being the “victim” the high school students are hurting them.

0 Replies

Zardoz

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2018 09:39 pm
If the ban the assault weapon movement is going to make a difference and that difference has to be made at the ballot box. There are currently two single issue voting blocks. One is the anti-abortion voting block. The other is the gun nut voting block. These are single issue voters that nothing else matters to them they will always vote for either the anti-abortion or gun nut slate respectively. When you try to talk to single issue voters you might as well not bother. Their mind is made up. Politicians know if they take an anti-abortion position they can count on thousands of extra votes that will not even consider the politician’s other positions. The gun nut block is the same if a politician decides to be anti-gun control he will also gain that block of votes. For the ban assault weapon gain political power they will need to be one issue voters that can go to politician and say if you take a position to ban assault weapons you will gain several thousand votes and then you have to deliver. You have to show that you are not only going to vote for him but work for him to see that he is elected.

The gun manufacturers have deep pockets and are willing to make millions in political bribes to buy votes. Most young people cannot make millions in political contributions but there is huge difference in the time young people can contribute to a political campaign. The gun manufacturers are telling their crooked politicians not to worry because the young people will forget all about the shooting in a few months and then things will be back to normal and this is what has happened after past mass murders. The Parkland FL school shooting reaction was far more powerful than the reaction to past mass murders in part because there have been so many mass murders lately and the energy has been more sustained. If the outrage over continuous mass murders can be sustained and that energy converted into work it won’t disappear after the mass murder is no longer in the headline.

Most people that have never participated in a political campaign have absolutely no idea how much work and good old fashion man power goes into a successful political campaign. Therein lies the advantage for the ban assault weapon movement.
t
coldjoint

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2018 09:56 pm
@Zardoz,
Quote:
Most people that have never participated in a political campaign have absolutely no idea how much work and good old fashion man power goes into a successful political campaign. Therein lies the advantage for the ban assault weapon movement.

And those people are the easiest to manipulate. If anyone reads your post they will see that is exactly what you are trying to do, while insulting American voters. Keep the lies going until they are gone.
coldjoint

Reply Sun 1 Apr, 2018 10:02 pm
Did you mention John Brennan, the head of Obama's CIA was a member of the Communist party, or that Obama's mentor, Frank Marshall, was a Communist like Obama's grandparents.

Marshall also used nude pictures of Obama's mother to push his propaganda in magazine form.