Fido

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:37 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

If the price for freedom has been paid, then why are we funding for a war on terrorism? Are you saying there is no terrorist threat? Michael Moore says there is no terrorist threat. Are you in agreement with him?
It is our economy which is putting us in conflict with Islam, just as it has put us into conflict and our right war in many parts of the world... We have applied the label of terrorist too broadly, and never consider what choice people may have but to fight back in any way possible or simply give in... As a member of a group that has simply gived in to capitalism, and is seeing this country quickly becoming third world, backbiting and snarling; suffering great pain without a single voice or thought to give expression to it, I grasp the concept.... I do not suggest it, but I grasp it... I would thank terrorists everywhere for bringing out the great weakness of Capital and this country, and it is the offensive nature of the economy which is so foreign to the defensive character of democracy... Capital must have us fight there whom it fears to fight here... In fact, the dislocation and defeat of enemies abroad goes on apace with the defeat and enslavement of people here... The goal is not different, but the target is more easily accepted beyond our sight... In fact when no one dares to challenge us anywhere we will find all the police powers aimed at them work well to keep us powerless and fearful...We cannot trust our government, and such a situation is incompatible with democracy...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:47 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

Do you think everyone should pay more taxes?
I don't!!!

Most of us are overtaxed, and it has led to a shrinking of the middle class to the point of extinction... I understand why they don't want more taxes for themselves... When the income tax was first made constitutional it only affected a fraction: 11 to 13 percent of the population, but that has been pushed down onto people who should never have been subject to it... What ever scheme is put forward to find tax justice will inevetably be pushed onto classes that do not deserve it, and will not benefit from it... The rich have gained by the taxation of the poor; but if so many did not admire the rich, and live in fantasy of becoming rich, and there being untroubled with taxation, then we could easily change the law, and tax the rich, and in that fashion relieve the poor and middle classes of some of their burden... We do not tax the rich out of madness... We do not tax the rich out of an admiration for them out of all bounds to their contribution to society... They are, in their evasion of taxation, preserving their wealth and destroying ours, destroying even the meaning and value of money... We will be forced some day to take back all they have put aside or we will see some invador take all we have and theirs too... We have to return their wealth to the commonwealth, piecemeal, or all of a sudden...
0 Replies