How would you fix the U.S Government?

Fido

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:26 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

They no longer know how to think for themselves, so any candidate the GOP plans to choose will have their 100% support.

Okay... Their base is not enough to get their man elected... Which is not to disagree with you, exactly.... That still leaves them a long ways from convincing democrats and independence that anyone is better than some one... Most folks would take a sure thing to a pig in a poke... We know Mr. Obama is not some Crazy Negro intent upon turning his daughters out in the street and the White House into a Crack House... He is one of us, and perhaps too much one of us for the Blacks who carried him over the threshold... He did way too much of trying to lead from the middle which means he is a demb ass... But he is our dumb ass, and a sure dumb ass... So far they got nothin...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:32 am
@rosborne979,
Elections are expensive, and the perception of virtue is of value to any candidate; so the trick is to conceal from the voters the fact that you can be bought while advertizing that fact to the rich... I do not think anyone gets to great office without a demonstration of corruption... The honor of the common man while essential to democracy is thought to be a thing of little worth or consequence to the rich... It is sad, and also true that when they buy so many for next to nothing to do meaningless labor that wastes over a third of their lives, they begin to think we are all bought and sold, honor with labor, love with sex, time with imagination... They may be right... We are obviously very demoralized... What have we left to sell???
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 8 Jul, 2011 11:33 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

The only 'hate' I see comes from the left.
Take off the beer goggles... The left has been trying to bring justice to all... Why so, if not out of love???
ossobuco

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2011 05:59 pm
Right now, I'd make Panetta shut up.
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 04:28 pm
@Fido,
hate...?
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 11 Jul, 2011 04:48 pm
@Fido,
The left doesn't understand the concept of justice.
Fido

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 07:22 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

The left doesn't understand the concept of justice.
First, it is wrong to attribute to groups qualities peculiar to individuals, such as understanding or love...
Second, You do not understand the Concept of Justice either, because as a moral form there is no true concept of justice... That does not mean that groups such as those called the left, or the right do not need justice or pursue it without a concept... In fact; Justice is the reason the majority of the left identify themselves as democrat, left, or liberal... Take justice from the left as a cause, and they are instantly republicans..
Fido

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 07:24 am
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

hate...?
The desire for justice as a virtue cannot be inspired by hate which is a vice... Hate may inspire revenge, but never justice... Justice is ever the aim of love, so that we can help each other without injury to ourselves...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 07:41 am
@Fido,
You seem to contradict yourself quite often... that's interesting.
Fido

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 07:47 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

You seem to contradict yourself quite often... that's interesting.
May seem like it to you... The whole world as it seems to you is a mystery to many...
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 08:03 am
@Fido,
You really have a problem staying on topic, most read what you post and say WTF?
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 10:03 am

One quick fix is to prevent the parasitic moocher class from voting in any elections.
Fido

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 06:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

You really have a problem staying on topic, most read what you post and say WTF?
I can imagine you saying that, and the vast number who pick up non fiction and ask where are the pictures... There are some things I can't help... I may be uneducated, but my reading is wide spread and the book I have read are many... I will not have the same opinion as others, and if I did I would doubt myself... I am all for the common man... I just can't be like all of them at once...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2011 06:38 pm
@Fido,
waterboy doesn't contradict himself, but he doesn't know anything about US politics or the economy, and posts garbage with almost every one. It stinks, but he doesn't realize how trivial and worthless his posts are, so he keeps doing the same boring, useless, posts over and over and over.... ad nauseum.

BTW, he's on my Ignore list. Will somebody let me know when he posts anything worth reading? Thx. I can almost make a wager all his posts will be the same from the past; boring, useless, and not worth the cyberspace it takes up.
Fido

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 07:03 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

waterboy doesn't contradict himself, but he doesn't know anything about US politics or the economy, and posts garbage with almost every one. It stinks, but he doesn't realize how trivial and worthless his posts are, so he keeps doing the same boring, useless, posts over and over and over.... ad nauseum.

BTW, he's on my Ignore list. Will somebody let me know when he posts anything worth reading? Thx. I can almost make a wager all his posts will be the same from the past; boring, useless, and not worth the cyberspace it takes up.
When he posts anything worth reading??? Is there a time called never??? You will be the first I'll tell... Hell, I will send up a bottle rocket... Best to ya..
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 07:05 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

One quick fix is to prevent the parasitic moocher class from voting in any elections.
I don't know... I think the rich would object, and I do not mind them voting... I do mind them holding every essential office and affecting every election with the lies they pay to have told on their behalf...
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 08:23 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

I don't know...

You have made that crystal clear.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 08:26 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Most of the time, thay generally tend to ignore elections.

David
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 08:28 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Except when Acorn buses them into the polling places
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 08:29 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:
Except when Acorn buses them into the polling places
Yes; that is very true,
but what it has done is not just give them a lift:
it drives them in cycles thru many different polling places
that have no Republican poll watchers to challenge them.