How would you fix the U.S Government?

Fido

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 10:33 am
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

i like my answer more....
Then put such a high price on it that you must keep it...
hamilton

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 10:35 am
@Fido,
i think i will!
Fido

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 10:41 am
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

i think i will!
If you will it so, then so you will...
hamilton

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 10:42 am
@Fido,
you are confusing me.
Fido

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 03:30 pm
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

you are confusing me.
Don't make it look easy!!!
hamilton

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 03:32 pm
@Fido,
am i trying???
Fido

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 05:33 pm
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

am i trying???
Do you have to try to stumble and fall down... Some things you learn to do before you learn anything...
hamilton

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 07:53 am
@Fido,
that makes no sense...
Fido

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 07:56 am
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

that makes no sense...
Maybe; but I have made an art of communicating with people who make no sense... Do you want me to stop while I am ahead???
Sturgis

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 07:59 am
@Fido,
Fido wrote:
Maybe; but I have made an art of communicating with people who make no sense... Do you want me to stop while I am ahead???

Let me put you in touch with our fiend, I mean friend, JSilverboy05 (formerly known as JGoldman10)
Fido

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 08:14 am
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

Fido wrote:

Let me put you in touch with our fiend, I mean friend, JSilverboy05 (formerly known as JGoldman10)
Do I need my code book for Planet God???
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 09:19 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
It's common sense. A human being is a human being, regardless of the stage of development.

The language involved in this issue is basically dishonest. If the issue were actually about right to life, it wouldn't be an issue. What the issue is basically about is whether or not there is such a thing as a right to the free use of another person's body for 3/4 of a year. In other settings, that's called slavery or kidnapping, both of which are illegal.
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 09:43 am
@Fido,
dont let me hold you back...
Fido

Reply Wed 27 Jul, 2011 08:19 pm
@hamilton,
hamilton wrote:

dont let me hold you back...
With what: Virtual Arms??? I'd like to see that!!!
hamilton

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 07:08 am
@Fido,
careful...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 09:15 am

Shrinking the size of the US government would be an excellent start to fixing the US government.
Fido

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 11:11 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Shrinking the size of the US government would be an excellent start to fixing the US government.
Really??? It is smaller now per capita than it has been since before FDR, and while much of that can be put on computers and their saving of time, still, you still need feet on the ground and people in the field or waste, want, and inefficiency will plague all our national relations... Can you imagine federal prisons or federal police organizations without oversight, and do you suppose you could dispense with prisons and police entirely... What if disaster should strike you??? What if war or pandemic should sweep over the land... Would you say then that the government should be without personel or funds... People who want to shrink government have shrunken brains incapable of considering the possible results of the causes they propose...

What then should be asked of them... Will you have guns only, and no butter??? Will you have troops but no transport???We have seen the U.S. Military enter the 2nd great war starved of money and equipment... Because of money spent on social programs like the C.C.C. they had bodies of men physically fit and able to take orders... We have nothing like that today... But then we see no danger or war because those who would most like war, to make war on this nation are in the far right, and if they would attack the giant known as Uncle Sugar to his friends, then they would first starve him into submission and weakness... I think the good aims and laws of this nation require wealth to pay for their enforcement... I do not believe there is another way...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 11:11 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Really??? It is smaller now per capita than it has been since before FDR, and while much of that can be put on computers and their saving of time, still, you still need feet on the ground and people in the field or waste, want, and inefficiency will plague all our national relations... Can you imagine federal prisons or federal police organizations without oversight, and do you suppose you could dispense with prisons and police entirely... What if disaster should strike you??? What if war or pandemic should sweep over the land... Would you say then that the government should be without personel or funds... People who want to shrink government have shrunken brains incapable of considering the possible results of the causes they propose...

What then should be asked of them... Will you have guns only, and no butter??? Will you have troops but no transport???We have seen the U.S. Military enter the 2nd great war starved of money and equipment... Because of money spent on social programs like the C.C.C. they had bodies of men physically fit and able to take orders... We have nothing like that today... But then we see no danger or war because those who would most like war, to make war on this nation are in the far right, and if they would attack the giant known as Uncle Sugar to his friends, then they would first starve him into submission and weakness... I think the good aims and laws of this nation require wealth to pay for their enforcement... I do not believe there is another way...
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 12:58 pm
@Fido,
Fido wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

Really???

Yes, really.

Do you ride the bus or pack a lunch?
hamilton

Reply Thu 28 Jul, 2011 01:01 pm
@H2O MAN,
of course really. or else you wouldnt have said it!