How would you fix the U.S Government?

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:47 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:
There are too many laws that are un-American in our Federal Government. That's the problem.
Yes; that 's one of the problems.

David
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:54 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:
As an optimist, I 'd love to agree with u,
but in the face of Barron v. Baltimore, Slaughterhouse Cases and Wickard v. Filburn,
I find it impossible to believe that the USSC acted in good faith.
rosborne979 wrote:
Your interpretation is no more valid than theirs is, and in point of fact, it's decidedly less valid.
If a court, screws the citizens, violating their rights, at least thay have the right to complain about it.

David
For now!!!
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 12:58 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:
I guess, as a liberal,
u love to cling to the authoritarian-collectivist, anti-freedom position ?
U feel most comfortable there ?

Many of my views aren't liberal. And I'm not sure what those other things are.
It does not matter... As Dr. Johnson said of the slavers in America crying after freedom, one man's freedom is another's tyranny... There was never a thief who did not prize freedom more than honor... In fact, we all need a little of both... Enough of both freedom and honor makes us good citizens...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 01:10 pm
Combine all the positive outcomes of the different countries that are based on a) good health, b) happiness, c) longivity, d) no discrimination, e) sufficient income to live comfortably, f) flat tax on gross income for individuals, couples, married or unmarried, head of household, and all businesses (no deductions or exemptions), and g) government required to work towards improvement of life for all citizens not based on religious belief(s).
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 01:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Other than the stupid flat tax, you have described this constitutional republic
right before moochers votes became so ******* valuable to all politicians
Fido

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 02:35 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Other than the stupid flat tax, you have described this constitutional republic
right before moochers votes became so ******* valuable to all politicians
An awful lot of the moochers as you call them are actually the working poor who never make enough to support the government that does no support them... If the are net consumers of government services it is not by choice, and the government can cure it easily... All it has to do is grow the nads to demand fair wages for everyone... Think they will do it??? The would rather load the working class up with taxes to take the sting out of poverty if not the humiliation... Back in England when the churches used to hand out the dole, it did not help workers, and was not designed to... Employers would lower the wages of their workers till they qualified for handouts, and work them just as hard... Welfare for the poor was really more welfare for the rich... Still is, because as long a the losers in this society are sitting back watching the bug light they are not on the street letting the world know what a failure capitalism is, or doing something about it... You see from your own words that what the rich want to buy with welfare and supports is division... How else can you get anyone to envy the poor except to see them get anything for nothing... The poor can hardly refuse help, but the rest of us can reject the envy, and see the ploy for what it is: The sowing of division...
H2O MAN

Reply Sat 16 Apr, 2011 02:53 pm
@Fido,
Yes, the 'working poor' are slaves to democrats.
Fido

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 09:48 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Yes, the 'working poor' are slaves to democrats.
I cannot completely disagree with you... It is necessity that ties the poor to the democrats... It is not like an equal relationship by any means... Slaves always had the same choice: Worse, or worser... The republicans are simply the worser choice.... But if you think I like it when people say the poor need more help, and they are the very ones raising rent and food prices and every cost the poor already cannot bear, then you would be wrong.... If you want to help the poor, make illegal their exploitation... If you eant to help the poor, make descrimination in hiring illegal and give the law fangs and claws...
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2011 07:05 pm
@Food For Thought,
Food For Thought wrote:

Because I’m sick and tired of our current Failocracy! So it’s time we take matters into our own hands!! –National anthem blares in the foreground- . How would you fix the current situation? How would you allocate budget spending, would you revamp our government entirely? Change anything you’d like if you believe it would mean a more prosperous America. Maybe you’ll go back in time and enact a more sensible and practical approach to segregation, or ratify a stupidity tax making those with an IQ below x must pay x, prevent the MLK assassination?

I bestow you all with the power of!!! IMAGINATION!!, GO NOW…MY INTELLECTUAL ENGINGEERS, AND FORGE A NEW BEGINNING!

just for kicks, wouldnt a jedi order work out? i mean, they were completely free of corruption (except for that goddamn Anican skywalker came)
failures art

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 05:47 am
‎"Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money." -George Carlin

A
R
T
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 05:52 am
@failures art,
GC, was a wise man

George Carlin: "First of all, I'm not liberal..."

0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 06:07 am
@failures art,
failures art wrote:

‎"Conservatives say if you don't give the rich more money, they will lose their incentive to invest. As for the poor, they tell us they've lost all incentive because we've given them too much money." -George Carlin

A
R
T
Increasingly, it is the government giving the rich money to invest in government because government has the power to bleed people who would rather starve themselves than leave their children with nothing... But that debt, which accounts for 90% of the profit in this country, advanced to the rich to loan to the government to advance again to the rich, or loaned directly to the people is not a cause for joy... It is the means by which a whole nation is empoverished and made ill for the benefit of a handful of rich... Our governments think nothing of defaulting on its obligations to the poor and working classes, but god forbids that they should consider defaulting on those who hold their motgage on power.....

If there is no profit in profit unless it be extreme profit that sucks the marrow out of the bones of society, and government at the same time, then clearly it is time for a reconsideration of where profit is produced... The wealth of the wealthy is indistinguishable from the poverty of the poor... You will not have extremes of one without extremes of the other... And they are playing with fire, first, because when they have all the wealth, wealth will lose all its meaning for the poor, and second, because when they have all the money and leave the mass of the people in destitution, then the rich will not even seem as citizens to the citizens, but will appear as a people outside even of humanity, and no respect will prevent their pilliage, and no army will stop their despoiling... The people are the law, and that fact the rich would do well to remember...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2011 09:40 am
@failures art,
I betcha that one flies over the cuckoo's nest.
0 Replies

hamilton

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2011 11:00 am
@hamilton,
Food For Thought wrote:

Because I’m sick and tired of our current Failocracy! So it’s time we take matters into our own hands!! –National anthem blares in the foreground- . How would you fix the current situation? How would you allocate budget spending, would you revamp our government entirely? Change anything you’d like if you believe it would mean a more prosperous America. Maybe you’ll go back in time and enact a more sensible and practical approach to segregation, or ratify a stupidity tax making those with an IQ below x must pay x, prevent the MLK assassination?

I bestow you all with the power of!!! IMAGINATION!!, GO NOW…MY INTELLECTUAL ENGINGEERS, AND FORGE A NEW BEGINNING!

just for kicks, wouldnt a jedi order work out? i mean, they were completely free of corruption (except until that goddamn skywalker came)
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2011 03:14 pm
There are a number of things that should be done by the government, which does a better job at them.

The overhead for Medicare, run by the government, is a tenth of the overhead of the insurance companies. The cost of a first class stamp is $.44, while the private sector would charge $4 or $5 for the same service. Etc.
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Sun 24 Apr, 2011 09:29 pm
You dont have one country.....you have 50 states . Wouldnt getting rid of the states be a good start ?
Fido

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 05:20 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

You dont have one country.....you have 50 states . Wouldnt getting rid of the states be a good start ?
I think getting rid of the states (and the Senate) would be a big help to this people... Consider what Caligula said about the Senate; that he wished it had only one head so he could cut it off.. When working people who most need the protection of government can have businesses whip saw them to death, and threaten them with relocating to some other state, or if they so choose departing completely to foreign shores; then clearly the states cannot provide any uniform protection from business, but actually aid business in its efforts to abuse workers... Only a federal government could make certain businesses act for the benefit of the whole people, and to pull the rug off from under people and depart is not part of any enduring relationship.. It costs too much, and wastes too much to have factories simply depart after they have expoited one community to the point of militancy only to go elsewhere, and do it all again... Infrastructure takes money and needs moeny to maintain... It cannot be thought of as simply given free for the benefit of business, but as part of a bond with business... States cleary do not care for the future, but they want jobs... Let them find their own rather then luring others away on a promise of low taxes and wages... The state should be our protection, and not exist solely to run us into the dirt with low taxes on business and high taxes on labor... Here we have the problem of serving two masters, but here also is the problem of irresponsibility, of states blaming each other for their troubles, and all looking in vain to the federal government for protection...There has to be an end to the continual push for lower wages and worse working conditions... If income tax is supposed to support the government, then they should be kept high, and the price of imports should be kept high, and profit should not be every first and last concern... We need a federal government, and federal organization... What we do not need is the states...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 05:29 am
@Ionus,
radio god ron bennington has suggested cutting the number in half by pairing up states so you end up with 24 (really do you need north and south dakota, the two carolinas, and the two virginias) and as for the 24 number, well, hawaii and alaska have to go, in his mind to be a state you have to touch a state
Ionus

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 05:35 am
@djjd62,
We have the same land size as the continental USA and 7 states ....that is too many....different laws, different registrations of cars, businesses, bloody everything ! It is a handicap and how efficient is it to pay for more politicians to tear the country into different pieces and directions, then pay a federal government to try to pull them back together and go the same way ? And what about the overlap or joining of responsibility ? There is inefficiency again .
djjd62

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 05:41 am
@Ionus,
agreed, we have ten provinces and two territories, i'd love to see it all as just Canada
0 Replies