Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 09:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
Perhaps we will never agree but my bet is that more people voted for him because of his color than voted against him...afterall, he won.

I've no problem with anyone who voted for him because of their ideological opinions and I expect that they will have no problem with me voting against him for the same reason. (Sad to say the latter has not always been the case)

Bush left the country in a mess, but Obama has made the mess worse.

Hopefully the aversion to the Bush mess that caused you to vote for Obama will hold true in 2012 and you won't try to suger-coat Obama's mess because of ideology.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 09:56 pm
@snood,
1.) I did not say you were being rightwing but that you were acting as the rightwingers fo.

2.) i was not saying snood is being emotional. I saw no reason for this thing to be important. You laid into me for it. You were -- and are -- being emotional.

3.)Namedrop? Come on, how can I namedrop someone I don't know? I hate namedropping and namedroppers. I try to avoid namedropping. How is an argument supported? By quoting an authority.

4.) I frankly don't remember Ogletree on the election night edition of Stewart's/Colbert's combined show. It is highly possible that this is what I remembered although I have a reading image attached to it. I was IM'ing with my kids that night and I remember that.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 09:58 pm
@joefromchicago,
Hey, it is. So is the University of Michigan Law School. HEre, in MA, those who want a trial law career go to Suffolk.
plainoldme

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 10:01 pm
@revelette,
Did you listen to NPR this evening? Apparently the cuts will not amount to much. There was a lot of game playing and posturing. Especially by Bohner or Boener or however its spelled.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 10:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
There was nothing wrong with voting for Obama because he is black. We had a wrong to redress as a nation.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 10:08 pm
@plainoldme,
So say you.

If he had been a right wing partisan would you have sought to redress our national crime?

I doubt it.
snood

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2011 11:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

So say you.

If he had been a right wing partisan would you have sought to redress our national crime?

I doubt it.

So, she wanted to vote for a liberal democrat and his being black was a bonus. What's the problem?
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 04:39 am
@snood,
snood wrote:

Finn dAbuzz wrote:

So say you.

I doubt it.

So, she wanted to vote for a liberal democrat and his being black was a bonus. What's the problem?

That's a good way to put it. I was proud that a black man had the chance, at last. Which is not the same as voting for his color. Had he been a Republican, I would have voted against him. I also voted in the primary years back for Jesse Jackson. It was based on ideology. In that case, also, his color was incidental, but also cause for feeling proud that we had come that far in our acceptance of a minority.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:26 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

Hey, it is. So is the University of Michigan Law School.

Why am I only learning this now?
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:28 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

There was nothing wrong with voting for Obama because he is black. We had a wrong to redress as a nation.

Actually there is a huge problem with people voting for and supporting Obama just because he is 1/2 black.
IMO, the vast majority of these same people never even considered his qualification and experience. BIG ASS MISTAKE!

plainoldme

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:37 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
We are a right wing nation. We have never had a president who governed totally from the left. A right wing president is business as usual.
H2O MAN

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:41 am
@plainoldme,
Our nation is a Republic that is for the most part, populated by Americans with conservative values.

Obama is an extreme left wing president with Marxist values.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:44 am
@edgarblythe,
Good post, edgar. BTW, I felt that Hilary could not win, not because she was Hilary burdened with the negative reception of her personality in the opinion of many and with her husband, also in the opinion of many, but because this country and its Constitution gave the vote to black men before it gave the vote to women, whether black or white.

I just feel that there is a sort of track that was laid down. When you consider that white people continued to keep black people under their thumbs through Jim Crow laws, poll taxes, sham trials and rewritten history books (my high school history text said the Civil War was not fought over slavery but states' rights and that the villains were the participants in Reconstruction), it really was more important that a black man became president before any woman did.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:46 am
@joefromchicago,
I worked as a legal journalist in Michigan. My mother also urged me to become a lawyer and I did some investigation into how various law schools were profiled.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:49 am
@H2O MAN,
That is totally untrue. The people I have spoken with on a one-to-one basis considered his education, his voting record in Senate.

I have said time after time that I am more likely to vote against a candidate rather than for another. There is no way that I could have voted for John McCain and Sarah Palin. Neither of them is intelligent. McCain is repugnant in terms of his own life and his treatment of his first wife . . . and, no, I do not care that they have remained friends. Palin brings to mind an expression my fifth grade teacher used: an empty tin can, rattling down the street, making noise.

plainoldme

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:50 am
@H2O MAN,
I should add that I do not feel there is an ethic on the American right and I feel ethics are superior to morals.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 06:51 am
@H2O MAN,
Obama is a centrist and you are someone without a political perspective who has no idea how to define Marxism. You need to educate yourself.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 07:29 am
@plainoldme,
How come BO will not let us see his school grades? If he is so damn smart like you tell us then logic would tell us he would have nothing to hide.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 07:45 am
@plainoldme,
You are clueless.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 15 Apr, 2011 07:46 am
@plainoldme,
Call the police POM, someone has stolen your pea brain!
0 Replies