edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 07:33 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

This is beautiful, man. Look at the expression on his face. I can almost see smoke coming out of his ears.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2011/04/obama-to-reporter-let-me-finish-my-answers-next-time-/1

This thread is not intended for crap of that kind and so I will not look at the video. I will no longer respond to you if the taunting kind of posts are what you want to go with.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 07:39 pm
@edgarblythe,
Do you feel you're being taunted? I apologize. It's an interview of the President. He is angry at the reporter for asking him hard questions. He's not used to being questioned by a real reporter. I'm not taunting you. I'm showing the President getting angry at a reporter asking him questions. What's he so angry about?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 07:50 pm
He did not appear to be the sort of angry you imply. He was chiding one for interrupting him instead of allowing him to finish his answers. If that's how real reporters handle interviews I will eat my hat.
plainoldme

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 08:10 pm
@Renaldo Dubois,
Quote:
going back to the Constitution and lower taxes? That's pretty fundamental.

You have no idea what you are talking about.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 04:37 pm
@ossobuco,
Why do you think my post was directed at you, or neon in particular for that matter?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 04:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Make that "anyone."

Dang IPad
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 04:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
I have to agree that the characterizations of Obama as angry are off the mark...as respects this interview.

I'm sure he wasn't expecting and didn't appreciate the questions he got (tough shite by the way) and I don't believe he was giving the reporter friendly advice, but to describe him as fuming or petulant is pushing it.

As for how "real reporters" handle interviews, either you don't think folks like Dan Rather, Katie Couric, Charlie Gibson, Matt Lauer, Sam Donaldson et al are "real reporters," or you should buy some ketchup for that fedora lunch you need to have.

When a conservative politicians are grilled or ambushed, there's a large number of liberals who consider it hard hitting journalism, but if it's directed at a liberal politician, it's unprofessional.

It is tremendously amusing that Obama fans who not only didn't mind but denied the fact that he has been treated with kid gloves by the MSM, were rankled by this interview.

It's hard to believe anyone thinks it's good for the president to get thrown nothing but slow pitch softballs by reporters.

What was wrong with this guys questions and correction (12% doesn't equal a few percentage points)?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 05:10 pm
@joefromchicago,
Give me a break joefromchicago

Your general rule, as stated, may be accurate, but it applies equally to liberals.

I'm afraid your thread just wasn't memorable enough for me to recall my involvement, but I followed your link and sure enough, I was the first A2K member who could not be identified as a liberal to "hop on."

Of course when I hopped on, it wasn't to pile on Obama, but to take a poke at you...which may be why the thread is so memorable to you.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 05:13 pm
@plainoldme,
I'm going to have to sue you for the whiplash you've given me with your ever changing comments
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 05:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I did not complain about the questions. Only the reporter's way of cutting off the answers.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 05:17 pm
@ossobuco,
Well Osso, an American president who actively promotes the redistribution of wealth and is forever engaging in class warfare (to name but two of his tenets) is a lefty in my book. If you're reading from a different book, so be it.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 05:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
When a conservative politicians are grilled or ambushed, there's a large number of liberals who consider it hard hitting journalism, but if it's directed at a liberal politician, it's unprofessional.

You're quite right - it's not unprofessional to have hard-hitting interviews. I think it's usually customary to let the person finish their sentences though before talking over them.

Did you see the O'Reilly-Obama superbowl interview? Not unprofessional, but hard-hitting - O'Reilly asked some tough questions.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 05:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Well Osso, an American president who actively promotes the redistribution of wealth and is forever engaging in class warfare (to name but two of his tenets) is a lefty in my book. If you're reading from a different book, so be it.

Obama engages in no more 'class warfare' than the Republicans do; or have you failed to notice the constant demonization of the poor lower middle classes? Must have slipped your mind.

Cycloptichorn
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 05:27 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Wealth is being redistributed upward, out of the hands of workers, and the class warfare is being pushed by fundamentalist republicans. Obama is somewhat trying to hold the line, but he is not pushing back nearly hard enough, which is the crux of my reasoning in starting this thread.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 05:34 pm
@snood,
No snood...it wouldn't but why should I be obligated to do so?

I'm sure he loves his wife and children and tries hard to be a good husband and father, and his charitable contributions in 2010 are impressive.

Despite what some of my friends believe, I don't think he's the Anti-Christ, nor do I think he's an evil crypto-Muslim who is trying to bring this great nation of ours to it's knees.

I do think he is an incompetent and dangerous president.

I do think he is a seriously flawed narcissist who is leading this country down the road to ruin.

I suspect that I would not like him if I met him...if for no other reason than he takes himself way too seriously, but that doesn't inform my opinion of him as our president.

He's the President of the USA, a position he craved, sought and won. I don't owe him the benefit of the doubt, and what he may or may not be like as an individual, outside the office, is hardly something a rational opinion of his presidency demands to be considered.

Would it have killed W's detractor's to admit he had good qualities, and were you arguing for their doing so?

I could be wrong, but I don't recall you condemning the slanderous lies so many of his critics spewed, let alone calling for anyone to see him simply as another person.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 05:37 pm
@edgarblythe,
I watched the interview. Obama wasn't fuming and the reporter allowed Obama to answer, he just didn't allow him to answer with blatant BS.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 05:38 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Examples?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 06:08 pm
If ican and allwet and okie had a broader platform, they would guarantee Obama's second term. People would vote for Obama just to spite that "trio."
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 06:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
The "reporters" you mention are all liberals. America is big enough for more than one point of view in our media. Don't you like a free press?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2011 06:16 pm
@edgarblythe,
I loved the part where Obama said he lost Texas by only a few points and the reporter corrected him by telling him he lost Texas by 10 points. I think that's when Obongo got angry. He doesn't like being corrected. He's used to his robots asking him a soft question and then letting him ramble on and on without being questioned on his reply. We're all supposed to just swallow it and move on. That's not the kind of reporter I want. The partisan hacks on the left don't like being nailed down.
0 Replies