is white wrong?

aidan

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 03:52 am
@msolga,
Oh Jesus - could you imagine this girl being asked to wear a school uniform? What if she didn't look good in burgundy and grey or grey and blue or green and white?

You know - I agree the school looks ridiculous for taking this so seriously. But I also agree with Ms. Olga that the girl is creating the brouhaha and for what?
So she can make the graduation her own personal fashion show?
The graduation IS about the school - you know?
If you have no respect for the traditions of the institution - don't take part in them.
Simple as that.

And I will tell you, having a daughter this age and seeing her friends - there is a lot of personal 'it's all about me' arrogance around this.

She probably thinks she'll look better in her facebook pictures if she wears her 'classy' white pantsuit.

And David - you have no idea what you're saying. You're a ******* arbiter of rules and enforcing them.
You're gonna try to tell me that there's no value in respecting tradition and following rules?

And this sort of 'me is most important' attitude spills over into everything.
So, how about deadlines? What if the professor at college says, 'This paper is due so and so' and this girl says, 'Well, I want to hand it in on my own time in my own way- stop trying to control me - as long as I learn the material don't tell me what to do.
Is that alright too?

Give me a break. This girl can strip naked and run around the track if she wants to. She'll just have to take the consequences.
Let her wear her white pantsuit. She'll have to take the consequences - maybe they won't let her participate in the traditional graduation ceremony. Oh well...she got to look damn good in her classy white pantsuit.

And this is not the sort of girl who changed the world for me. As Ms. Olga states - those women were spending their time and effort on more important things.
msolga

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 04:00 am
@farmerman,
Well then, I have just learned something about graduation ceremonies & US schools.

Students here let off their end-of-school-life steam by something traditionally called "muck up day".
In other words, they muck up on that day.
Often involving pranks, flour bombs, etc, etc ... Wink

I may be wrong, but my perception is that students in the part of Oz I know best, anyway, have more of a sense of respect & affection for the graduation ritual.
Apart from the graduation ceremony, schools often have whole school assemblies to farewell the exiting seniors. Some I've participated in have had their moving, lump in the throat, moments.

0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 04:07 am
@dyslexia,
This is a photo of that dress (and the girl) (Source: Albuquerque Journal, West Side edition, page 2, 09.04.11)

http://i52.tinypic.com/20iuxdk.jpg

It would be totally correct here in Germany, but we don't have school uniforms nor (real) dress codes.
aidan

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 04:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
AND she got her picture in the PAPER!
Her facebook friends are gonna love that!

Maybe she can get all the protesters to contribute a dollar to Feed the Children - and make her stand really stand for something - aside from the right to look good.

Sorry for the sarcasm, but this teen-age facebook posing, fashion, tongues hanging out - look at ME< ME< ME - it's all about me and what I want is starting to drive me insane -precisely because women DID used to stand for and protest for - EXACTLY the opposite of that.
0 Replies

ragnel

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 04:34 am
@farmerman,
In my younger days I had the dubious honour of being the first female admitted to a specific area in the government department where I worked. We, a group of twenty-odd people, were housed in a run-down, airless office with a lot of dusty files. We worked twenty-four hours a day in shifts. No one came into our room except the boss, so we were fairly relaxed in our dress code. The men usually wore very casual clothes; open-necked shirts, jeans, etc.

I had been admitted under protest from the boss, Gary, who was an avowed misogynist as well as a dinosaur, so he simply refused to acknowledge my existence. That did not bother me as he was a nasty piece of work who hated everybody and his feelings were reciprocated.

The men in the group were not happy at my being there, but put up with me and were okay - their main objection they later told me was that if 'stuff-ups' occurred - which they regularly did - the bad language flew foul and fast and they felt they would have to curb their tongues with me around.

So, one day just as my shift was finishing, Gary came in and announced that on the following day the Prime Minister was coming to inspect us. He snarled that we were to 'dress like real public servants. That means everyone, and I do mean everyone, wears a tie.'

Next day arrives; everyone dressed in smart office casual, dark pants, white shirts and ties - except of course for me - I wore a very pretty dress with a round lowish neckline. Gary stuck his head in the room for a look at us and to tell us the PM's car had just pulled up outside the building and he would be with us in about five minutes. Then Gary left. Out of my handbag I produced a garish paisley tie which I donned before going about my normal work.

The PM arrived and walked around shaking everyone's hands. When he got to me he commented on my 'ground-breaking' entry into a male domain. I said I was so glad to have such a good crew to work with. He asked if they were treating me all right and I replied they were being very patient and extremely helpful.

The PM left. Ten minutes later Gary came storming in, asking me if I thought I was funny. Our team leader stood nose to nose with him and told him that every person in the room was witness to the fact that he had ordered everyone to wear a tie.

I did not find this out until some time later, but what Gary did not know was that I had done some very sensitive work for the PM over the previous Christmas. My placement had nothing to do with this, but he had been informed about it and the purpose of his visit was to see how I was coping in the all male society. He got the joke about the tie and it did the rounds.

Long winded story, but the point is, I earned the respect and esteem of my colleagues and was accepted by them as one of their own.

0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 06:17 am
@aidan,
aidan wrote:
Oh Jesus - could you imagine this girl being asked to wear a school uniform?
What if she didn't look good in burgundy and grey or grey and blue or green and white?

You know - I agree the school looks ridiculous for taking this so seriously. But I also agree with Ms. Olga
that the girl is creating the brouhaha and for what?
So she can make the graduation her own personal fashion show?
Yeah, sure; nothing rong with that,
especially if it gives the Individual citizen
an opportunity to subdue the collective.
There is not enuf of that going on; its absence is dangerous.
Government shoud be seen as a vice;
like drinking some hard liquor may be OK, but not too much.
If too much is ingested, then hopefully government will be vomited out.

(I HOPE that my abhorrence of government and of collectivism is being successfully expressed.)

aidan wrote:
BULLONEY!!! The graduation is about the Individual students.
A public school is their mere property, like their shoes.

aidan wrote:
If you have no respect for the traditions of the institution - don't take part in them. Simple as that.
No; that does not optimally serve their best interests as Individuals,
and toward OTHER Individuals who follow in their footsteps.
The collective is dangerous and we need to take care to subdue it,
like a recalcitrant dog.
That is where the citizens of Russia and Germany went rong last century.

aidan wrote:
And I will tell you, having a daughter this age and seeing her friends - there is a lot
of personal 'it's all about me' arrogance around this.
Hooray!!! That is how it shoud be
NOT as I quoted Adolf Hitler b4 hereinabove:
"authority from the top down,
obedience from the bottom up."
(Hitler was a collectivist; Individualism was anathema to him and he said so.)

Again, I exhort a consumate rejection of nazi filosofy,
reversing it, and turning it upside down,
in favor of the INDIVIDUAL subduing the collective
and its henchman: government.

aidan wrote:
She probably thinks she'll look better in her facebook pictures if she wears her 'classy' white pantsuit.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
The opinion of the school personnel is inferior to hers,
in that thay r merely her employees.

aidan wrote:
And David - you have no idea what you're saying.
You're a ******* arbiter of rules and enforcing them.
That depends on the legitimacy of the rules; not enuf ******* going on, tho.

Which ones do u have in mind ?

aidan wrote:
You're gonna try to tell me that there's no value in respecting tradition and following rules?
That depends on the logical merit of the individual tradition or rule under consideration; e.g., there is no value
in following the traditional rule of adding the letters UGH to the word tho, nor in jabbing Ls into the words woud, coud nor shoud;
there r many other examples, e.g. fathers deciding whom their daughters shoud marry.
What if YOUR father told u to follow tradition
in letting him choose a husband for u and to follow his rules about that??

aidan wrote:
THANK GOODNESS! That is the natural way to vu things.
Let everyone join in anti-collectivism.

aidan wrote:
So, how about deadlines? What if the professor at college says, 'This paper is due so and so' and this girl says,
'Well, I want to hand it in on my own time in my own way- stop trying to control me - as long as I learn the material
don't tell me what to do. Is that alright too?
Yes; ADMIRABLE!!!
That 's good practice for true Americanism.
Its the same as if she hired a tutor who subsequently got uppity n disrespectful of his employer.
She shoud add a disciplinary remark to keep him humble,
embarrass him a little, if he is bossy
e.g.: "I put the socks on your feet, Mister; don 't forget who is paying u."

aidan wrote:
Give me a break. This girl can strip naked and run around the track if she wants to.
Well, if it is public property
and if she is a citizen, then she is entitled.
As long as she does not violate anyone's rights, I see no harm in that.
That is the criterion.

aidan wrote:
She'll just have to take the consequences.
Let her wear her white pantsuit.
She'll have to take the consequences - maybe they won't let her
participate in the traditional graduation ceremony.
Keepin her OUT
of her own property????
What if someone keeps U out of YOUR own property????

aidan wrote:
Oh well...she got to look damn good in her classy white pantsuit.
That actually HAPPENED,
to a girl who was joining the US Army.
She posed in Army fatigues on an M1 Abrams battle tank,
under its 12Omm cannon,
and gave the picture to the Yearbook people.
In revenge, her employees, the administration
of the school kept her out of her graduation,
in furtherance of their zero tolerance anti-gun policy.

aidan wrote:
And this is not the sort of girl who changed the world for me.
As Ms. Olga states - those women were spending their time and effort on more important things.
Nothing is more important than the citizens keeping government in subjection.

When the monster gets loose from his slab in the lab,
Dr. Frankenstein is in trouble, and woe unto the townsfolk.

David
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 06:35 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Well, if she just took the pants off, she'd be wearing what the rest of the young women are wearing.

Idiot school.
aidan

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 07:01 pm
@ehBeth,
Yeah - and if she just took the pants off, she wouldn't look like she was wearing a pair of pajamas to her graduation -AND she'd be cooperating and solving her own problem.
Can't have that though - might not make her feel special enough.
engineer

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 07:09 pm
@aidan,
I don't know about the "not feeling special" comment. The rule is completely arbitrary. Why are dresses one color and pants another? Why can't she wear her favorite clothes instead of whatever pants the school system wants to buy her? I can't see how the school system could justify buying pants for all their students anyway. To me it seems like the school is setting itself up for issues by creating a stupid rule for a group of people who are most likely to get upset at stupid rules. On the day these young adults want to feel like young adults, they are being held to one of the silliest dress codes I've ever heard of. That said, if the school system is going to buy her pants, take the free pants and run with it. Pants aren't cheap.
msolga

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 07:20 pm
@engineer,
I think most girls would already own a pair of black pants, engineer.
Me, if I was the principal of that school & I was aiming for some sort of "dress code" for the event, I would have suggested any combination of black & white .. for both the girls & the boys ...
And I'm still rather alarmed at the presence of the 4 police at the girl's interview with the principal.
That said, I'm still thinking this is no big deal really. Or could have been without the police & the media coverage. From a long way away, I'm wondering why what seems such a small thing has become some big issue about freedom of the individual, or whatever ...
Perhaps this is more about grievances students have accumulated over years during their time at the school (like what they might have considered unfair rules, or treatment?) than just the graduation ceremony?
aidan

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 07:42 pm
Quote:
(I HOPE that my abhorrence of government and of collectivism is being successfully expressed.)

Yes, I've been aware of that for quite some time now - along with the fact that nobody ever thinks schools can do anything right - or even want to - in other words people seem to think they're run by assholes who never have anything approaching positive motives about anything.

Quote:
aidan wrote:

David replied:
Quote:
BULLONEY!!! The graduation is about the Individual students.
A public school is their mere property, like their shoes.

Really - then why don't they have it in the girl's bedroom? Then she wouldn't have to get dressed at all.
I had to look at that phonetic twice to figure out what sound you wanted me to make David. Maybe it's a NJ thing but I would say BA-Lone-y not BULL-0-ney.

Quote:
aidan wrote:
If you have no respect for the traditions of the institution - don't take part in them. Simple as that.

To which David replied:
Quote:
No; that does not optimally serve their best interests as Individuals,
and toward OTHER Individuals who follow in their footsteps.
The collective is dangerous and we need to take care to subdue it,
like a recalcitrant dog.
That is where the citizens of Russia and Germany went rong last century.

Okay - so is there no institution or tradition in which you take enough pride or respect enough to follow their rules and dress code?
How about when you were in court? Did you wear a suit? How about if you'd had to sit on the bench as a judge? Would you have worn the robe?

Quote:
aidan wrote:
And I will tell you, having a daughter this age and seeing her friends - there is a lot
of personal 'it's all about me' arrogance around this.

To which David replied:
Quote:
Hooray!!! That is how it shoud be
NOT as I quoted Adolf Hitler b4 hereinabove:
"authority from the top down,
obedience from the bottom up."
(Hitler was a collectivist; Individualism was anathema to him and he said so.)

Again, I exhort a consumate rejection of nazi filosofy,
reversing it, and turning it upside down,
in favor of the INDIVIDUAL subduing the collective
and its henchman: government.

But that's NOT what it's about. Actually, when you walk through the school or look at these girls' facebook pictures - they are all much of a muchness. They all look the same. You could cut and paste faces and put them on the same bodies. They all wear their hair the same and their skinny jeans and their make-up the same.
You know at one time, there used to be all sorts of girls and you could tell what that girl was interested in by the way she dressed and/or wore her hair. You could tell if she was a granola freak or preppy or a jock or a swot....now you can tell that these girls are ready for their photo-op at any given moment.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that they know they can no longer do anything or go anywhere without someone snapping pictures on their phone and posting them for the whole world to see. So you ALWAYS got to look good.
It's sad - they all have their poses absolutely down. As a result - what they wear becomes more important than what they do.

Quote:
aidan wrote:

To which David replied:
Quote:
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.
The opinion of the school personnel is inferior to hers,
in that thay r merely her employees.

It's not their opinion. It is their policy and tradition. And they are sponsoring the event.

Quote:
aidan wrote:
And David - you have no idea what you're saying.
You're a ******* arbiter of rules and enforcing them.

Quote:
That depends on the legitimacy of the rules; not enuf ******* going on, tho.

You don't think so?
Quote:
Which ones do u have in mind ?

Look, it's all very well and good to say - 'Oh yeah - people gotta be free. No one should ever be told what to do and what not to do - especially in those crummy schools.
But where do you think children are first conditioned to accept that sometimes certain standards of behavior, when it comes to dress, manners, citizenship, etc. will enable them to function more smoothly in the world- outside the unique and perhaps misbegotten behaviors of their family?
It's at school. When the bell rings - you gotta be in your seat. Just as twenty years later, when the boss says, 'Work starts at 8:00,' you gotta be at your desk.
Maybe they see their moms/dads calling in sick or showing up late for work. Maybe they'd think that's the way it is for everyone. But then they go to school and certain disciplines are enforced on everyone.
And they see the efficacy in these standard and traditions so that later,
when the law says, 'You cannot litter,' even though it's easier to throw something on the ground instead of walking over to the trash can- they're conditioned to cooperate.

I don't think cooperation and adaptivity and yes, taking other's wishes into account is a bad thing.

And why rebel just to rebel? If her purpose is to look good, as stated, she'd look prettier with her legs showing without the pants. They look like pajama bottoms.

Quote:
aidan wrote:

Quote:
That depends on the logical merit of the individual tradition or rule under consideration; e.g., there is no value
in following the traditional rule of adding the letters UGH to the word tho, nor in jabbing Ls into the words woud, coud nor shoud;
there r many other examples, e.g. fathers deciding whom their daughters shoud marry.
What if YOUR father told u to follow tradition
in letting him choose a husband for u and to follow his rules about that??

David - I'm American, not British and not titled.
My father choosing whom I marry is not a tradition in my culture.
And yeah - if we were talking about a life-altering decision that would have bearing on the rest of my life, I might break with tradition.
But this girl just wants to wear the pants she wants to wear for one hour instead of the pants the school wants her to wear.

Maybe they should throw the whole graduation ceremony out the window. Yeah - let the kids organize, find a place to have it, make all the arrangements, find a space for it, chairs for everyone to sit in, etc....then yeah - they could wear whatever they want.
I think that's a great solution.
That's what I'd say if I were the principal of that school.
Ya'll who want to wear pajama pants - have your own ceremony.

Quote:
aidan wrote:

Quote:
THANK GOODNESS! That is the natural way to vu things.
Let everyone join in anti-collectivism.

Yes - DIS-organize. Let's see how well the trash gets collected off the streets then!
It's a very romantic idea David. But you might not be happy with the practical applications and results.
Quote:

aidan wrote:
So, how about deadlines? What if the professor at college says, 'This paper is due so and so' and this girl says,
'Well, I want to hand it in on my own time in my own way- stop trying to control me - as long as I learn the material
don't tell me what to do. Is that alright too?

Quote:
Yes; ADMIRABLE!!!
That 's good practice for true Americanism.
Its the same as if she hired a tutor who subsequently got uppity n disrespectful of his employer.
She shoud add a disciplinary remark to keep him humble,
embarrass him a little, if he is bossy
e.g.: "I put the socks on your feet, Mister; don 't forget who is paying u."

Yeah - lets' teach people to be disrespectful to others as well as we disorganize the world.

Quote:
aidan wrote:
Give me a break. This girl can strip naked and run around the track if she wants to.

Quote:
Well, if it is public property
and if she is a citizen, then she is entitled.
As long as she does not violate anyone's rights, I see no harm in that.
That is the criterion.

I agree - she needs to learn to take the consequences of her stances.

Quote:
aidan wrote:
She'll just have to take the consequences.
Let her wear her white pantsuit.
She'll have to take the consequences - maybe they won't let her
participate in the traditional graduation ceremony.

Quote:
Keepin her OUT
of her own property????
What if someone keeps U out of YOUR own property????

As far as I understand it, it's only my property during school hours.
They're allowing me to take part in a ceremony they're providing me outside of school hours.
They don't have to make their facility available - they are.

Quote:
aidan wrote:
Oh well...she got to look damn good in her classy white pantsuit.

Quote:
That actually HAPPENED,
to a girl who was joining the US Army.
She posed in Army fatigues on an M1 Abrams battle tank,
under its 12Omm cannon,
and gave the picture to the Yearbook people.
In revenge, her employees, the administration
of the school kept her out of her graduation,
in furtherance of their zero tolerance anti-gun policy.

Listen - schools are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Everyone wants everyone elses children to be held to certain standards of behavior, but they want their own kids to be able to do whatever the hell they want.
It doesn't work that way.
Quote:
aidan wrote:
And this is not the sort of girl who changed the world for me.
As Ms. Olga states - those women were spending their time and effort on more important things
David wrote:
Quote:
Nothing is more important than the citizens keeping government in subjection.

When the monster gets loose from his slab in the lab,
Dr. Frankenstein is in trouble, and woe unto the townsfolk.

That's not what this is about. This is about her.
aidan

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 07:56 pm
@engineer,
It's not arbitrary in all the schools I've ever gone to and worked in. There is always a standard dress code at graduation ceremonies.
It's a tradition of the school.
I don't know where you went to school or what schools you've graduated from, but from highschool, all the way through college and university- law school, medical school - there are standard robes, colors, tassles, mortice boards, etc...that vary from school to school- and the professors, deans and presidents of the universities have their dress codes enforced for the ceremonies too.
Maybe they should all say, '**** it - I'm wearing my bermuda shorts today - I'm an ADULT.
Part of being an adult is learning how to function and adapt to society instead of insisting on your own whims at every turn like a three year old toddler.

I've never seen a graduation ceremony that hasn't had a dress code - that most of the participants seem to be able to accept, cooperate with and follow without suffering permanent emotional damage to their individual psyches.

What a bunch of crap!
Ceili

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 08:09 pm
@aidan,
I went to one of the biggest catholic high schools in my city. We had our grad ceremony in a church and we wore dark blue robe and caps. Nobody gave a damn what you wore underneath. The next night was the grad party or what you would call a prom in the US. Some kids wore jeans and sneakers and others dressed to the nines on either night. No big wup... We were also one of the only schools that had alcohol served at the bash. Some kids brought their best friends as a date, same sex or otherwise and others came solo. Again, it wasn't a big deal. It was the same at my kids graduation ceremonies. The emphasis was on them graduating and heading off into adulthood. Grads can be very expensive, not all kids have the budget to adhere to a strict, arbitrary dress code.
Since then, I've been to several college and university grads and again, aside from a cap and gown provided by the school, there was never an issue about what anyone wore.
Maybe we Canucks have a different take on the matter, but again, I find this all to be completely stupid.
aidan

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 08:13 pm
@Ceili,
Yeah - I think it's because these kids are not being given robes that they want the appearance of the ceremony to be standardized.
Maybe it's a poor school district. Maybe they can't afford to provide robes.
But maybe they want their graduation ceremony to look like other graduation ceremonies in which there is a standard and uniform appearance .

It's like if you're in a choir. You might not wear a robe, but they might ask that all the tops be white and all the skirts or pants be black - so it looks uniform.

I think it's ridiculous that this girl can't cooperate for one hour too.
Ceili

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 08:19 pm
@aidan,
Well, then, you and I will have to agree to disagree.
aidan

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 08:24 pm
@Ceili,
Okay.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 08:53 pm
@Ceili,
I think that in Oz we have a pretty good compromise situation. (In the schools I've worked in, anyway.)
The school organizes the graduation ceremony & the "farewell" school assembly, to which all students wear their school uniforms, as usual. The exit students' last couple of "official" school functions.
And the students themselves organize the "formal" ... their farewell dance.
They do everything themselves, from hiring the venue, collecting the money from other students to pay for it (always quite expensive!) & any other necessary arrangements. Then they dress up to the nines, make themselves look absolutely stunning & have "their" night.
Their teachers, of course, are invited to attend, but they are the students' guests for the evening.
Works pretty well. Everyone is happy. Smile
Ceili

Reply Sun 10 Apr, 2011 09:49 pm
@msolga,
Do all kids in Oz wear uniforms? There are very few schools in Alberta that uniforms are compulsory, mostly private. My cousin's kids go to private Christian Schools in BC, where they wear uniforms. I'm not sure about the rest of Canada though..
I was on the grad committee when I was in High School. We organized the formal and paid for the venue, band and a comedian ourselves and teachers/parents and other dignities were guests as well. Most kids dress up, get limos and so on and although we didn't organize the grad ceremony at the church, we had to pay for that too, 20$ or so.
What is the drinking age in Oz. Do most schools have a dry grad? Ironically only Catholics schools have alcohol at the grad.
Most schools now organize a bush bash too. The kids arrive at a designated place and are transported by buses to a 'secret location' for an all night party. No cells phones, so no uninvited guests can show up. I drove one of the buses for my daughter's party. A lot of drunk/ill kids by the end of the night. lol This way no one can drive to the party and the kids are allowed to bring alcohol, which is brought to the party in a separate vehicle, no drinking on the bus.
msolga

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 01:52 am
@Ceili,
Not all students wear uniform, Ceili, but most do these days. It is up to the school council to decide that in state schools. We went through a period where quite a few schools abandoned the requirement, but bit by bit, they have returned. I think it has more to do with "school image", than anything else. Also parents seem to like them. (it saves them money, I guess.) Also the students don't appear to mind them too much. Probably because the pressure to wear a stunning new outfit each day is removed. That can put a lot of pressure on some who are not that well off, financially.
Just about all private schools have uniforms, excluding the more "alternative" ones. (same as in some government government schools).

The legal drinking age in Oz (in most states, I think) is 18. In the state of Victoria, where I live, it is illegal for anyone under that age to buy alcohol, though (as best I understand it) 16 year olds can drink alcohol if accompanied by an adult who is responsible for them.
Which brings us to those "formals", which the exiting student organize. They generally occur after the students have "officially" left school & are often held in reception centres, which "host" them. (with assistance of staff members, in hopefully not too an intrusive way. I'm certain the staff much prefer it to be that way.) And yes, there has been alcohol at some such functions which I've been aware of .... but then, most students would be at a round the legal drinking age by then.
But most schools wouldn't have official alcohol policies, nor can I find any education department guidelines, either.(I looked online & couldn't find anything, anyway.)

Those "bush bashes" sound very interesting!
That must be a very busy night for a lot of parents!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2011 08:29 am
@aidan,
Although I agree it is silly to have such a dress code especially where you are wearing a graduation gown.

It is the school's dress code policy so deal with it. Many schools private and public have an every day dress code. That is the school policy so why not adhere to it? As long as they had amble time to plan and this school seems like it is going out of their way by offering to buy this girl's pants. The school probably wants a matching color to look nice.
0 Replies