Hospice vs Palliative care

Diane

Sat 21 May, 2011 03:12 pm
@dyslexia,
Mm, cowboy, I sure do.
0 Replies

Diane

Sat 21 May, 2011 03:39 pm
The physical therapy program is so new that some of the Hospice staff don't know of its existence.

COPD patients are at the top of the list for participation. It will include moving legs and other muscle groups to improve blood circulation, walking independently and, I think, breathing exercises. Dys can add more.

Dys and I have hopes for the new program, but its newness has us both feeling skeptical. A long history of success would instill much more confidence.
0 Replies

Diane

Sat 21 May, 2011 03:46 pm
Quote:
I envision a Donald-Trump kind of scene. "Mr Dyslexia, you suck at dying. You're fired!"

Thomas, if anyone is capable of beating death, it is The Dys.

0 Replies

littlek

Sat 21 May, 2011 03:52 pm
And how are you, Diane?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Sat 21 May, 2011 10:05 pm
Yesterday felt like **** all day, felt worse when I got out of bed this morning; gradually improving during the day, beautiful weather (67 F, no wind) Lady Diane made a pot of tea and we spent hours on the patio chatting/sipping tea, watching the hummingbirds/finches. As some would say, there's that Dys again being argumentative and an elitist bully. Lady Diane and I had a wonderful afternoon. We anticipate many more such delightful afternoons.
dlowan

Sat 21 May, 2011 10:08 pm
@dyslexia,
So do we, for you.

Cos we love youse and all.
0 Replies

msolga

Sun 22 May, 2011 02:24 am
@dyslexia,
Aw, that's really nice! Very Happy
0 Replies

Izzie

Sun 22 May, 2011 04:19 am
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

Lady Diane made a pot of tea and we spent hours on the patio chatting/sipping tea, watching the hummingbirds/finches...... Lady Diane and I had a wonderful afternoon. We anticipate many more such delightful afternoons.

I reckon you're gonna have many more such afternoons too Very Happy

So good to read your posts

((((Bob and his Lady))))

Of a' the airts the wind can blaw,
I dearly like the west,
For there the bonie lassie lives,
The lassie I lo've best:
There's wild woods grow, and rivers row,
And mony a hill between;
But day and night my fancy's flight
Is ever wi' my Jean.

I see her in the dewy flowers,
I see her sweet and fair:
I hear her in the tunefu' birds,
I hear her charm the air:
There's not a bonie flower that springs
By fountain, shaw, or green,
There's not a bonie bird that sings,
But minds me o' my Jean.

Robert Burns
0 Replies

dyslexia

Sun 22 May, 2011 10:12 am
I've noticed that for the past few weeks a marked increase of palsy in my hands, of course I've also have several changes in medications. I was thinking change in meds=increase in palsy but after some minor googling I read that anxiety/stress is the major cause of palsy. I never would have guess that. I'm thinking this entire palsy is a result of the ups and downs of the proposed "P.T" program I'm been recommended for, on the one hand I need a positive emotional attitude so I don't sabotage my treatment but on the other hand I need to avoid unrealistic expectations, It becomes a emotional roller-coaster ride of hope vs realistic expectation as it was explained to me, this P.T. program is totally experimental with participants being hand picked (unknown criteria)
between a rock and a hard place is definite stress. Perhaps I need to just chill for the time being and resume a position of neutral "wait and see with a open mind" but that doesn't reduce stress.
And that's my thoughts with beautiful sunday morning.
Appetite is definitely improving and that's a wonderful improvement.
bob
roger

Sun 22 May, 2011 02:10 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

. . . on the one hand I need a positive emotional attitude so I don't sabotage my treatment but on the other hand I need to avoid unrealistic expectations

If you can't keep both thoughts in you head at the same time, it's probably just as well you didn't go into politics or philosophy.
Roberta

Sun 22 May, 2011 02:36 pm
@roger,
Dys's head ain't the only thing involved, roger. Emotions and intellect don't always operate in sync. You can know something, but that doesn't mean you feel it.

I'm relating all over the Upper East Side with what dys is talking about.

BTW, dys, you could ask the hospice people whether the palsy is from stress. I could be. It could also be a medication.
Joe Nation

Sun 22 May, 2011 02:36 pm
What's for dinner?

Joe(I need ideas)Nation
dyslexia

Sun 22 May, 2011 02:55 pm
@Joe Nation,
as we post Lady Diane is heating up some frozen king crab legs, we've never done this before; it's experimental. It might kill me.
edgarblythe

Sun 22 May, 2011 03:00 pm
The legs is generally harmless without the claws being there too.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Sun 22 May, 2011 03:26 pm
@dyslexia,
You're the first person in a long time who has announced they were going to eat crab legs. (I've watched a few episodes of the Most Dangerous Whatever Fishing Show and I always wonder "Who the hell is eating all those crabs???"

New Mexico.
Not exactly "shore dinner" territory.

Okay. Enjoy. Someone told me they taste just like melted butter.
I said they should just eat the melted butter then, save the planet.

Joe(They don't talk to me anymore.)Nation
0 Replies

Rockhead

Sun 22 May, 2011 03:34 pm
@dyslexia,
do we know the crab...?
0 Replies

Izzie

Sun 22 May, 2011 04:14 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

as we post Lady Diane is heating up some frozen king crab legs, we've never done this before; it's experimental. It might kill me.

or then you may just be a little crabby tomorrow Wink

now, don't be shellfish - give us a full report tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

G'nite Bob&YourLady - sleep big x
0 Replies

dyslexia

Sun 22 May, 2011 04:27 pm
well, dinner is done, 1 lb king crab/1 baked potato; 1/4 lb butter. I'm sure a positive health diet.
(right?)
edgarblythe

Sun 22 May, 2011 04:46 pm
@dyslexia,
I believe butter is a good food to eat. Same with crab and potato.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Sun 22 May, 2011 05:59 pm
@dyslexia,
It's healthy, don't worry! Real butter is always good, as is potatoes and
proteins, regardless in what form. I am so glad, your appetite returned and
you enjoy yourself with Diane.
0 Replies