Christian and Pro-Choice

gungasnake

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:04 am
Let me ask you another question here, Frank: Could you walk up to the little girl in that picture, put a revolver to her head, and pull the trigger?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:07 am
gungasnake wrote:
Let me ask you another question here, Frank: Could you walk up to the little girl in that picture, put a revolver to her head, and pull the trigger?

No...

...but I suspect you could, Snake...

...if you thought she had something good to say about Hillary Clinton.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:08 am
Cat got your tongue there, Frank? Maybe a better way to phrase the question would be, Suppose Bill Clinton were to ASK you to walk up to that little girl and shoot her; would you do that for old Slick's sake there, Frank?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:12 am
Frank Apisa wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

No...

I don't have any MOTIVE in that one, Frank, unlike your boy Slick. I mean, I've got my problems in life, but picking up a copy of the NY Post or Wall Street Journal and reading about me raping people isn't one of them.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/broaddrick022599.htm
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:20 am
gungasnake wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:
gungasnake wrote:

No...

I don't have any MOTIVE in that one, Frank, unlike your boy Slick. I mean, I've got my problems in life, but picking up a copy of the NY Post or Wall Street Journal and reading about me raping people isn't one of them.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/clinton/stories/broaddrick022599.htm

Well on this we can agree, Snake.

You've got problems!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:40 am
Again for the benefit of anybody who might have missed it, the story I alluded to above might even appeal to some of the pinko leftists here since it appears in the pinko leftist Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/images/daily/broaddrickcry_022499ap.jpg

Quote:

Clinton Accuser's Story Aired

By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, February 25, 1999; Page A15

Juanita Broaddrick told her story to a national television audience last night, saying she did not tell authorities 21 years ago of her contention that Bill Clinton sexually assaulted her because "I just don't think anyone would have believed me."

In a gripping account punctuated by sobs, the Arkansas woman told "Dateline NBC" that in her Little Rock hotel room, Clinton suddenly "turned me around and started kissing me, and that was a real shock. I first pushed him away. I just told him 'no.' . . . He tries to kiss me again. He starts biting on my lip. . . . And then he forced me down on the bed. I just was very frightened. I tried to get away from him. I told him 'no.' . . . He wouldn't listen to me."...

Somehow or other, I'd have thought that a political party which made the kind of scene which dems did over allegations of Clarence Thomas having once told a dirty joke in mixed company, would have more of a problem than they apparently did over an American president having been fairly well shown to be a rapist.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 11:49 am
gungasnake wrote:
Again for the benefit of anybody who might have missed it, the story I alluded to above might even appeal to some of the pinko leftists here since it appears in the pinko leftist Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/images/daily/broaddrickcry_022499ap.jpg

Quote:

Clinton Accuser's Story Aired

By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Thursday, February 25, 1999; Page A15

Juanita Broaddrick told her story to a national television audience last night, saying she did not tell authorities 21 years ago of her contention that Bill Clinton sexually assaulted her because "I just don't think anyone would have believed me."

In a gripping account punctuated by sobs, the Arkansas woman told "Dateline NBC" that in her Little Rock hotel room, Clinton suddenly "turned me around and started kissing me, and that was a real shock. I first pushed him away. I just told him 'no.' . . . He tries to kiss me again. He starts biting on my lip. . . . And then he forced me down on the bed. I just was very frightened. I tried to get away from him. I told him 'no.' . . . He wouldn't listen to me."...

Somehow or other, I'd have thought that a political party which made the kind of scene which dems did over allegations of Clarence Thomas having once told a dirty joke in mixed company, would have more of a problem than they apparently did over an American president having been fairly well shown to be a rapist.

Bill Clinton owns you, Snake.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 12:33 pm
Wunner why some folks seen just about always to have trouble keepin' argument and arguer separate ... no biggie - just a puzzlement. Whatever. Mebbe some folks just ain't growed up enough to understand the difference.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 01:39 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Wunner why some folks seen just about always to have trouble keepin' argument and arguer separate ... no biggie - just a puzzlement. Whatever. Mebbe some folks just ain't growed up enough to understand the difference.

Maybe some folks are just growed up enough not to give a damn whether it bothers people or not.

Maybe some folks are just growed up enough to see that letting American conservatives spew their bullshyt without return fire is a sure way to set American conservatives up for victories they definitely do not deserve.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 03:55 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:

Okay, so you WOULD shoot the little girl for Slick...

What about robbing liquor stores? What about boosting sneaks and gang jackets and that sort of thing (i.e. the more normal kinds of crimes within Slick's social class)? I mean, suppose you and Slick was walkin along in Harlem an some dude were to walk by wearin a jacket what Mr. Slick figured he needed to have, an he were ta say "Frank, ah needs me that jacket; ah needs ya ta shank that dude an get me that jacket, and please don't get too much blood on it, if ya can avoid it.."

Would you do that for Slick, Frank?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 05:00 pm
What a lovely tangent this thread has taken.

Say Mods, can we get Gungasnakes "Bill Clinton Murders Little Girls" digression moved to its own thread?

Started at post 1097221.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 05:07 pm
gungasnake wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

Okay, so you WOULD shoot the little girl for Slick...

Earlier, Snake, you asked me:

Quote:

I answered you, by writing:

Quote:
No...

...if you thought she had something good to say about Hillary Clinton.

You must have missed that!
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 05:14 pm
DrewDad wrote:
What a lovely tangent this thread has taken.

They say the truth hurts, and shooting the messenger doesn't really ease the pain teribly much...
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 06:12 pm
Frank Apisa wrote:
Maybe some folks are just growed up enough not to give a damn whether it bothers people or not.

See the paradox there, Frank?

ranting on, Frank wrote:
Maybe some folks are just growed up enough to see that letting American conservatives spew their bullshyt without return fire is a sure way to set American conservatives up for victories they definitely do not deserve.

The argument, Frank, not the proponent.

Oh, and Gunga - it takes at least two to make it a game. I figure you're doin' your part to make it happen.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 08:40 pm
timberlandko wrote:
Frank Apisa wrote:

See the paradox there, Frank?

No.

And I suspect that is because there is no paradox there.

Quote:
ranting on, Frank wrote:

The argument, Frank, not the proponent.

Most of the time.

But sometimes, the proponent!

Sometimes it makes more sense to do what is right for the situation...rather than what is nice.

Quote:
Oh, and Gunga - it takes at least two to make it a game. I figure you're doin' your part to make it happen.

Actually, Timber...Snake is insisting that it happen. In large measure...I am accomodating him.

But I am also doing what is right for the situation.

You try to go for the rider...but occasionally it is more efficient to go for the horse.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 09:27 pm
Whether yer servin' or returnin' its the same game - doin' one or the other don't make it any cooler.
0 Replies

dadothree

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 01:09 am
Re: Proabortion/prochoice
Drewdad
Quote:
This assumes that all stem cells come from aborted fetuses. This is false.

I was speaking of embryonic stem cells and as the name implies they do come from the killing of embryos. "Adult stem cells have shown more promise and are actually being used to treat people. It is unfortunate that most people do not know the difference.

Quote:
They are more accurately referred to as "criminals" or "psychopaths." You have not shown any link between their political views on abortion and their actions.
[/QUOTE]

The link could not be more clear. If someone only protects a woman's right to choose when she chooses abortion and does not protect her right to choose to have the baby, they are obviously pro-abortion. If they were truly prochoice they would protect her right to choose to have her baby with equal intensity. If you still cannot see the link, it's because you don't want to.
Quote:
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 02:03 am
Re: Proabortion/prochoice
dadothree wrote:
Drewdad
Quote:
This assumes that all stem cells come from aborted fetuses. This is false.

I was speaking of embryonic stem cells and as the name implies they do come from the killing of embryos. "Adult stem cells have shown more promise and are actually being used to treat people. It is unfortunate that most people do not know the difference.

I was making a distinction between embryonic stem cell recovered from abortions (removing the implanted embryo/fetus from a living woman's uterus) versus embryos from, say, fertility clinics. Fertility clinics commonly fertilize more eggs than are implanted during the treatment. These embryos are eventually destroyed as medical waste.

As an aside... why aren't abortion opponents picketing and/or bombing fertility clinics?

dadothree wrote:
Quote:
They are more accurately referred to as "criminals" or "psychopaths." You have not shown any link between their political views on abortion and their actions.

The link could not be more clear. If someone only protects a woman's right to choose when she chooses abortion and does not protect her right to choose to have the baby, they are obviously pro-abortion. If they were truly prochoice they would protect her right to choose to have her baby with equal intensity. If you still cannot see the link, it's because you don't want to.

This is absurd... Unless we want to lock up women who are pregnant, filter the air; filter the water; monitor what they eat, drink, and inhale. Perhaps we should prevent pregnant women from leaving the house? Driving? Worrying about bills? Worrying about voting?

Of course, I think this is the actual agenda of the anti-reproductive rights movement.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 02:09 am
The question of fertility clinics brings an interesting dichotomy to my attention....

Given: the anti-reproductive rights crowd claims that life begins at conception (an egg fertilized by sperm).

Given: fertility clinics create far more fertilized eggs than are ever used in the fertility treatments.

Should not anti-reproductive rights women be lining up to have these poor, abandoned embryos implanted in order to preserve these precious lives?
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 1 Jan, 2005 05:50 am
DrewDad wrote:

Should not anti-reproductive rights women be lining up to have these poor, abandoned embryos implanted in order to preserve these precious lives?

Come on, arguments against right2life aren't that hard to frame. For instance, if there is such a thing as a "right to life" in the universe, then why are there predators?

Better yet, the next time you get into it with a right2lifer, try this on him:

Quote:

You come home from a hard day at the office, and there's a letter in your mailbox informing you that a Mr. John Doe who you never met is in desparate need of a kidney transplant, and that the data banks indicate that you are the closest thing there is on the planet to a tissue-type matchup for Mr. Doe. Therefore you are ORDERED to report to Federal hospital #557 in Atlanta Ga. three days hence at 10:00 AM to donate one of your kidneys to Doe, because he has a right to life!!!

I mean, why not? If an unborn could possibly have a "right to life" sufficient to compell hardship and suffering on another person, then why could a 55 year old businessman not have such a right?

Like I say, I'd advise people against abortion in something like 90 - 99% of all cases, but of all the conservative issues, this is the one I wish I'd never heard of.
0 Replies