Will the Republicans blame Obama for the earthquake?

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:57 pm
@Fido,
And of coarse, everybody in the world does that to ensure they are safe from all disasters. They love to spend money needlessly to prove to Fido that man is a creature of rational thinking - like him.
Fido

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 05:32 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

Fido, weren't you advised to quit while you were ahead? I pointed out to you that you did not answer the statement as it existed. Now, you are gurgling about praying and Greek mythology. Changing the subject is okay but say you are changing the subject.

BTW, NPR did a piece on the bulwark the Japanese have built against earth quakes.
Sure; it is just gurgling, but if you ran your life the way the way our governments and economies are run, at some point you would go to jail for reckless or careless driving, endangerment, or homicide... What these government and rich do is gamble with the health and well-being of all of us... People like you who have no sense of the damage or the danger should be piled on top of those crippled reactors to block the radiation... If you like it; enjoy it... I grew up in the age of above ground nuclear testing, and I can remember some sunburns so intense that my skin was shed like a snake... I have had nearly sixty years of being used like a guinnea pig for others who considered my loss to be an acceptable risk for their profit... Well; I don't like it, and I don't like you, and if you are able to know, it is because you are able to learn, then prove it by drawing some sound conclusions...

Those people are beating us, in part, on the cost of their energy, and they get something like 30% from nuclear power... Do you suppose 1% of that 30% involves something less than acceptable risk for their public, the world, or the environment??? In fact, such knowledge is beyond us... We are denied the facts, but we cannot deny the consequences... That is to say, that we are no more free than the japanese who are living in a Feudal society... Are we so much better off???If we cannot control our rich, or our government then our destiny is in the hands of another, and that is no definition of freedom in my book...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 05:49 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

And of coarse, everybody in the world does that to ensure they are safe from all disasters. They love to spend money needlessly to prove to Fido that man is a creature of rational thinking - like him.
What is acceptable risk and what is not acceptable risk is always different depending upon where the money is... Look at history... Generals do not always die, even when they lose wars and battles... From their positions of greater wealth, power, and prestiege they can order the deaths of thousands, or even hundreds of thousands, and quite often walk away without a scratch... Presidents are no different, and we have seen examples of the thousand of lives presidents will waste, and the treasure, if it will get them re-elected... They may not want war, but they will not seem weak, so the thought that for their actions many will die, and many others will face life in pain and maimed beyond belief does not enter into their thoughts... Could a serial killer be more heartless??? Where is the human connection, the morality, the empathy, or sympathy???

The moment people begin to calculate their gain they lose the ability to feel the pain of others... Mathematics is not just abstraction, but ultimately it allows the abstraction of abstraction to the point where it becomes meaningless... By that I mean, that life is all meaning, but the numbers, the dollars, the figures, the profit often, if not always reduce human life to a mere calculation... Who ever put those plants there was calculating, but inevitably, hope and the trust in good fortune was finding its way into their figures... People consider math and science to be the zeneth of reason, but so long as they do not reason back from a healthy, happy, human life for all they have thrown their hand on the scale of reason to make it read as they desire out of their own sense of self interest... Of these disasters, the gulf oil spill, and this mess in Japan, we have not begun to feel its effects and consequences...And what we must suffer, the rich can avoid...
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 11:44 am
@Fido,
We're not talking about wars; it's about the safety conditions of buildings and nuclear power plants. Stay on the subject, or get out!
okie

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 11:58 am
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

How long do you think it will take the Republicans to blame President Obama for the Japanese earthquake?
BBB
Surely Bush or the Republicans have probably been blamed already?
dyslexia

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 12:13 pm
@okie,
combining 2 stupid statements (BBB's and yours) in one post is simply doubling the stupidity content.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 12:18 pm
okie says:
Quote:

Surely Bush or the Republicans have probably been blamed already?

Nah, we'll just keep blaming him/them for the standard list of colossal blunders: ignoring the warnings before 9/11, failing to catch Bin Laden in 01, which would have made so much of the last nine years unnecessary, the half-assed response to Katrina, the elective war in Iraq, and the near-fatal collapse of the economy and the Great Recession. I think those are the biggies--did I leave anything out?
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 12:56 pm
@MontereyJack,
Yes, the middle class and poor continue to lose jobs and homes, and about one-third of families are under water on their mortgages. This increase in bankruptcies occurred while GW Bush was in office for almost 8 years.

His promise that his tax cuts in 2001 and 2002 would create jobs never happened; it decreased jobs. GW Bush's job creation was worse than Hoover's during the Great Depression.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 01:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

We're not talking about wars; it's about the safety conditions of buildings and nuclear power plants. Stay on the subject, or get out!
It is never war if you are killing members of the working class... For the rich that is only justifiable homacide... Did I spell all that right??? They might call it a tragedy... Thatis what they will call this nuclear accident: A Tragedy... It would not have happened if they had cared to avoid it...
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 01:56 pm
@Fido,
Non-sequitur.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 05:31 pm
What a truly ridiculous question,but telling.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 18 Mar, 2011 05:35 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

How long do you think it will take the Republicans to blame President Obama for the Japanese earthquake?

BBB

Are you sure they even need to accuse him of this? There is plenty of other crap to accuse him with. Not to mention I think its a little silly that republicans dislike obama since obama is EXACTLY like bush. I can't see a single thing that is different in his policies.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 19 Mar, 2011 06:01 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Non-sequitur.
If you do not want to follow it then do not follow it... What do you expect me to do??? Do you need a bit and halter??? What those idiots in Japan are doing is legal... What those people did last year in the gulf of Mexico is legal... What is being done in Afghanistan and Iraq and now in Libya is legal because they make the laws... And in this country, if you kill your worst enemy on the street it is illegal; but if you kill people for profit no matter how small then that is considered legal because that is the class that makes the laws... How many lives does pollution take??? How many lives does thinning of the Ozone take??? How many cancers are caused by tobacco products, or the chemicals in our food... We have government over people, but we do not have government over industry, so industry has a free hand when it comes to what we are fed and breathe, and what we must endure to make a buck... If senselessness is not governed then it governs every one of us, and so we need even more of law, but the law we have does not attack injustice, but only attacks violence which grows more and more as we suffer more and more injustice... Law such as we have attempts to limit the effects of injustice rather than its causes... And it does not work
0 Replies