Will the Republicans blame Obama for the earthquake?

Fido

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 05:02 am
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Perhaps true. Those missing first responders were from the State of Louisiana and the City of New Orleans - just as Lash wrote. The failed levees were the property of the state of Louisiana which was responsible for their maintenance. In fact Federal funda appropriated for their upgrade in the late 1990s were diverted by an earmark written by Louisiana Democrat Senator J. Bennet Johnson for the construction of a new ship channel interestingly named "The J. Bennet Johnson shipway". Perversely this contributed to the rapid transmission of the storm surge to Lake Ponchatrain - the event that caused most of the flooding and damage. It was the long-tern corruption and incompetence of the Louisiana authorities that made the disaster there far worse than it was in neighboring states that were hit just as badly by the same storm.
It was not simply because of want of desire and organization that the state and city were not with it... The storm was huge and devestated a huge area of LA.... The city was put out of commision literally, being mostly underwater, without power, fresh water, transportation, or any thing that would qualify it as a city government... There are some jobs that can only be done by the federal government, and if it has chosen to let the lean years eat the fat years, and have not taxed the rich until it is too broke to function, and by choice made it incapable of responding in a timely manor then they are criminal and negligent... The state and the city got dumped on and in retrospect, even when the federal government had advanced warning, and the military, it still was a vast job to bring those people and those governments up to working order... To stumble around like the federal government did is unforgivable...
0 Replies

katiejones

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 03:15 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
no i dont think so there is no reason to obama does not control the movement of the earth and what the earth does such as an eartquake
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 11:05 am
@katiejones,
This may be true, but Obama and his supporters believe the world revolves PrezBO.
plainoldme

Reply Wed 16 Mar, 2011 05:31 pm
The interesting thing is that glenn beck and rush limbaugh think the earth quake is just what the Japanese deserve, so they would not blame Obama for it.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 05:47 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
The interesting thing is that glenn beck and rush limbaugh think
the earth quake is just what the Japanese deserve,
Y ?
plainoldme

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 08:37 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Ask them.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 08:39 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
Ask them.
Did u hear them explain this ?
plainoldme

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 08:40 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Sure, pieces are available on several websites, including youtube. Those two are dangerous. Truly evil.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 08:44 am
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:
Sure, pieces are available on several websites, including youtube. Those two are dangerous. Truly evil.
HOW did u hear them justify this ? (short summary?)
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:24 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

This may be true, but Obama and his supporters believe the world revolves PrezBO.

You believe the world revolves around water softeners. Which is ideology is more fucked up? Hard to say.
plainoldme

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 08:03 pm
SHAME ON YOU
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:14 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

The interesting thing is that glenn beck and rush limbaugh think the earth quake is just what the Japanese deserve, so they would not blame Obama for it.
It is hard to blame them for the earth quake, or say they deserve that, or the wave; but some people there deserve to be shoved into that nuclear oven, and to be told to fix it, or die trying... It sounds to me like a lot of corners were cut, with nuclear waste rods being stored nearly on top of a reactor core, in the same building for example... And where is the redundancy, the backup systems???...

I wish I knew what precautions were taken for this event; because it does not sound like there were any... And, we should know what gamblers those people are; but it was not the whole people who made the choices which have resulted in this catastrophe, and it was not the whole people getting rich off the making of it... We want to blame the whole people for the failures and faults of a few... It is nonsense when so few have any real control in their lives...
plainoldme

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:17 pm
@Fido,
The problem with your statement, fido, is that how the reactor was built and how the rods were stored has nothing to do with the earthquake nor with beck's and limbaugh's approval of the fury nature leashed on the nation of Japan.
Fido

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:18 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

They will say or do anything to make a ripple; but they can hardly be held responsible for what a network allows or demands, or the fact that we extend rights to people who use those rights to abuse us out of our own... They are human garbage; but if you think they are evil, it is your job to stop them... Personally; I don't take a moment for thrashing at the branches of evil while the roots are so obvious...
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:19 pm
@Fido,
Fido, Quit while you are behind; you just don't know what you are talking about. Japan is/was one of the most prepared countries for earthquakes, and that includes their nuclear power plants. We have the same type in the US.
Fido

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:25 pm
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

You believe the world revolves around water softeners. Which is ideology is more fucked up? Hard to say.
His water is soft, and his unit is soft, and his brain is soft; but that does not preclude his being a wonderful human being to all who must deal with him... The fact that I do not have to deal with him makes all the difference in the world... I can deal with him as a challenge, like avoiding a pot hole or a cop determined to give me a ticket I refuse to deserve... It would be cool if an objective sort of intelligence test could be devised to test whether some one really had the intelligence to be able to defend their rights without attacking all other rights in the process... Some people do not deserve rights, and to give them to waterman is a waste of something quite valuable... But to give them to the networks and the wealthy and the churches is a waste as well; and time is telling us that; if we dare listen...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

Fido, Quit while you are behind; you just don't know what you are talking about. Japan is/was one of the most prepared countries for earthquakes, and that includes their nuclear power plants. We have the same type in the US.
Here is a tip cic... Don't build your nuke plant in an earthquake zone, and don't build it for profit... Profit cuts corners, and if we have those same sorts of plants on a sea coast on a fault line; who ever put it there ought to be shot for stupidity...
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:29 pm
I am so glad whenever Gargamel puts in an appearance. He makes the best analogies. Very Happy
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:47 pm
@plainoldme,
plainoldme wrote:

The problem with your statement, fido, is that how the reactor was built and how the rods were stored has nothing to do with the earthquake nor with beck's and limbaugh's approval of the fury nature leashed on the nation of Japan.

If you think nature may hit you with a ten; then prepare for a one hundred... Those people know what the earth can do in that place, because at some point, it has done it before... In Greek mythology, because we were created by Promeitius, we can see the future... I can... But we lose that ability when we hope against hope; and our government, and our rich are doing nothing less than living in hope... Why do they pray??? It is because the refuse to plan so long as they can count on good fortune to save their asses... And look who takes it on the chin... First it is nature, and then humanity; and you cannot squeeze a nickle out of those assholes once its gone in their pockets... We are all going to pay for that disaster...And people have been profiting on it for years... They were cashing in hope for a quick profit... I hope it was worth it to those people and to us... The spectacle has a lesson in it if we are capable of learning it... What do you think it is???
plainoldme

Reply Thu 17 Mar, 2011 09:52 pm
@Fido,
Fido, weren't you advised to quit while you were ahead? I pointed out to you that you did not answer the statement as it existed. Now, you are gurgling about praying and Greek mythology. Changing the subject is okay but say you are changing the subject.

BTW, NPR did a piece on the bulwark the Japanese have built against earth quakes.