Your place or theirs?

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 08:06 am
This is probably too silly a topic for this forum, but, when you are sleeping with someone, and not living with them, is it your place, theirs, or a combination? Which way does it lean, if a combination?

It is normally my place, for me. I prefer it! I know the place is clean, that there are clean sheets and such, that there is good coffee, a clean loo, reasonable food - and, I feel at home and in control of myself.

In my experience, it is commonly the woman's place for a heterosexual couple - and this, at least for me, seems generally to have been a mutual decision.

Is this common? If so, how come?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 5,336 • Replies: 101
No top replies

SealPoet

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 08:20 am
'cuz bachelor pads are skeevy. I remember mine...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 08:34 am
heehee.....'tis often true.....
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 08:43 am
the womans place....food in the fridge, usually more comfortable, and sometimes she has a roomate for future fun and games......just make sure to bring your own toothbrush...the ladies are picky about you using theirs....
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 09:03 am
[Digging down to the depths of my memory]

I think that the woman's place is the best for hetero hijinks. If there is a problem, you can always throw the bounder out.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 09:15 am
that's the other thing...if the woman's being too clingy and cuddly...or has a cat.....or you have something else to do after......you can leave......
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 09:20 am
Not her place...mine. I live alot closer to Boston+my friends than my ho does, and my place is much more pimp.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 09:27 am
Usually (80% of the time) my place. I live in the middle of a few really great areas, so we can walk to get food/drinks/etc.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 09:50 am
But the other 20% of the time spent at motels on Rt 1 Saugus, are very romantic and special times, aren't they?
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 10:13 am
When I was with my former boyfriend, we sort of alternated in the beginning but as the relationship wound down after six years without living together, and as I grew less enchanted with the whole thing, we spent more and more time at my house. I frankly hated his apartment which was dark and his parrot which flew free and shat all over the place.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 10:15 am
As bi-polar points out, the food is generally better at the woman's place. Ugh! When I think of commercial salad dressing on pasta I want to barf.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 10:18 am
and then there is always the car parked on the edge of the Walmart lot.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 10:30 am
and then there is always the car parked on the edge of the Walmart lot.

ROTFLMAO!!!

When I was kid, we lived on the first house facing our street and the abutting house to our right was actually on the cross street, rotated at a 90 degree angle to ours. The woman who lived there had an affair with a man who lived three doors down on the other side of the intersection. They would sit in his car in his driveway and kiss.

I lived in Dearborn, Michigan and went to a Catholic high school in Allen Park, a near by community. My mother drove me to school. When I first started, we drove past a supermarket parking lot. One morning, a couple sat in a car kissing. They weren't high school kids but well dressed, mature looking folks. When the next three mornings found them in the same place, my mother decided to find a new route to the high school.

Because of those experiences, until I was in college, I thought an extra marital affair involved necking in parked cars.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 10:37 am
My oldest cub was conceived in the back seat of a 57 Chevy.......
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 12:19 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
But the other 20% of the time spent at motels on Rt 1 Saugus, are very romantic and special times, aren't they?

Actually, back in high school when 'your place or mine?' wasn't applicable, my b/f and I tried to rent a room in a hotel in Ayer. They busted us for being underaged.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 12:52 pm
Whichever was closest at closing time, back then.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 02:22 pm
Cars? Ewwwww.......

Parrots? MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....
0 Replies

Grand Duke

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 03:11 pm
The woman's place usually smells better, and it saves me frantically changing the bed-linen whilst she sits in my lounge wondering where I've disappeared to...
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 03:28 pm
Grande Duke, the woman's house usually smells better, but not always. I have a litter box in my bedroom.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Dec, 2003 06:28 pm
Ohmigawd!

I do badly enough with one in the laundry, and one behind a screen on the balcony!

Phew - I was beginning to think I was an awful control freak about this one - subliminally sorta - good to know I seem to be as one with the flow of the universe....
0 Replies