Christians-don't you agree the world needs more Christian action heroes and superheroes?

JGoldman10

Reply Thu 3 Mar, 2011 12:34 am
@firefly,
Age has nothing to do with maturity.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 09:41 am
@firefly,
I think having a comic convention in MY hometown would be a good idea-not everyone can afford going to one and the only ones I've seen are Wondercon and Comicon on g4Tv.

You want to know why I go online and talk about my comic ideas? I spend time on line researching ideas and resources for it and ASKING FOR HELP regarding getting my ideas developed and asking about getting resources.

A JOB and a CAREER are too different things. A JOB is what you do to earn money. A CAREER is your LIVELYHOOD.

I went to school for animation because I thought I wanted a CAREER in it. I tried getting a JOB in it.

I want to go back to school for Illustration/Cartooning because I want to pursue a CAREER in COMICS.

I have been focusing on what I have to do to GO BACK TO SCHOOL.

People need jobs. Right now I am focusing on getting a good JOB-then I can focus on my ART CAREER.
firefly

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 11:47 am
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
I spend time on line researching ideas and resources for it and ASKING FOR HELP regarding getting my ideas developed and asking about getting resources.

Just asking for help, for the past six years, doesn't seem to have gotten you very far. In addition, you seem to reject the suggestions and advice offered to you.

You want "resources"? Why should anyone fund the ideas of someone with no employment or track record as either an artist or a businessman? You received a degree in animation, but never worked in that field. Now you want to change direction, but you still haven't obtained that degree in cartooning you have been talking about for years.
Why should a potential investor have any confidence in your ability to carry through with a goal? Why would a school even offer you a scholarship? How on earth could you convince anyone that you have the ability, acumen, and ambition, to create, publish, and distribute your own comic book? Making lots of posts on internet forums, some of which banned you or booted you out, qualifies you for nothing. Why should anyone want to provide you with the resources you need? Don't you think there are many talented and deserving people out there who might have more impressive credentials and attributes than you do--and who might be first in line when it comes to getting those resources?

Quote:
A JOB and a CAREER are too different things. A JOB is what you do to earn money. A CAREER is your LIVELYHOOD.

If you are going to write letters, e-mails, or even posts, to help you establish your "career", and you want to impress anyone, you better start by improving your spelling and language usage: A job and a career are two different things...A career is your livelihood.

And, JGoldman10, a "livelihood" is a way of making money, so you don't quite understand what distinguishes a "job" from a "career". Both involve working and earning money to live.
Generally, a career involves some specific training, or education, or ability, that allows one to continue working within a particular field, and it may include holding jobs within that field by working for various employers, as well as being self employed. Generally, one must hold jobs in a particular field before one can talk about it being a career. You are nowhere near having a career, although you allegedly have plans to eventually pursue one.
Quote:
Right now I am focusing on getting a good JOB-then I can focus on my ART CAREER.

You're not going to find a job hanging out in here, or any other internet forum. At the rate you're going, you will qualify for Social Security before you can go back to school, get another degree, and focus on your art "career".

If you need money for school, and that's important to you, get off your butt and find a job--any job--that will get you some money. Walk the streets looking for Help Wanted signs in store windows, read the classifieds in local newspapers or on the newspapers Web sites, and aggressively look for any opportunity that will provide you with an income of some sort. Even working at a fast food place, for minimum wage, pays better than posting on A2K.

What you need, JGoldman10, is to stop talking/posting and to start moving--in the real world. Talk is cheap, tuition isn't. Go find a job--any job!

0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:06 pm
I had ONE set of comic book ideas I was working on and getting help with. A comic book series about streetfighting cats and dogs and some unrelated series about other comic book heroes.

CHRISTIAN comics is a whole other thing. There IS a need for that.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:13 pm
I have been trying to get a job in art, I have been trying to get further art training. I got copies of Quark, Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash, hoping I could learn them, as part of some job assessment training. I am having issues with accessing some of them. Many art jobs require you to learn the programs.

They have an art show every first Friday of every month-I'm going to find out about selling artwork and getting contacts to help me get my comics developed.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:19 pm
@firefly,
Are you a MAN OF GOD? Don't you know GOD provides my needs and gives me FAVOR with people?
firefly

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:22 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
CHRISTIAN comics is a whole other thing. There IS a need for that.

Because you think there is a need for Christian comics does not mean there is a strong market demand for such products, beyond what is currently available. Proselytizing through comics is one thing, being able to make it profitable is quite another, unless you just want to pursue it as a self-financed hobby.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:25 pm
@firefly,
See? You are a PESSIMIST. Stop talking to me.

I'm going to make my comics my CAREER.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:26 pm
Getting help off the INTERNET is GOOD-it's a good resource tool. I get it wherever I can.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:27 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
Are you a MAN OF GOD? Don't you know GOD provides my needs and gives me FAVOR with people?

I'm not a man. Laughing

If God will finance your "career" good for you.

But, so far, I truthfully have trouble seeing how you have any "favor with people", judging by the sort of reactions you provoke.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:29 pm
@firefly,
Whatever-and you need to stop WORRYING about what websites I had or didn't have issues with-THAT IS NOT YOUR BUSINESS OR CONCERN.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:31 pm
I also spend time looking for grants, fellowships and other funds to help get my comics funded.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:32 pm
@firefly,
You don't think independent comic book creators make a lot of money selling and distributing their own books?
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
Quote:
See? You are a PESSIMIST. Stop talking to me.

No, actually I'm not a pessimist. I'm really a very optimistic and positive person. But I'm also a realist and a pragmatist. Wishful thinking is not enough to make things happen.

If you want people to stop talking to you, then you have to stop posting. It is not up to you to decide who can post in this thread in response to your comments.

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:38 pm
@firefly,
No, you are a PESSIMIST because you don't think I can succeed as an independent comic book artist/writer and creator. You are trying to put down what I am doing.

You didn't answer the questions- are you a Christian?
You don't think independent comic book creators make a lot of money selling and distributing their own books?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:41 pm
@firefly,
Because if you AREN'T a Christian, I should not be taking advice from you.

The Bible says I shouldn't take council from ungodly people.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:51 pm
@firefly,
Asking God for help and taking action is what's going to do it.

I am assuming you aren't a Christian because you wouldn't be saying what you are saying.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
So let's understand this logically. Those that aren't Christians are ungodly?
How do you figure this? There are plenty of people who believe in God who are not Christians. Likewise, these wise and mature people you would be well advised to receive their counsel. Only close-minded fools think their beliefs are the only ones that are holy and blessed or even useful. That behavior just exemplifies more religious bigotry.

Also there are plenty of non-Christian and even atheists (gasp) that can give you good advice about how the world works. But when you are as close-minded as you are, you can and will never gain knowledge or wisdom.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:54 pm
@Ragman,
Yes, if you aren't a Christian you aren't Godly. You are UNSAVED and a SINNER.

A Christian is a follower of Christ, a person who accepted Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
JGoldman10

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 12:55 pm
@Ragman,
I should be asking OTHER CHRISTIANS for advice concerning these things.
0 Replies