Christians-don't you agree the world needs more Christian action heroes and superheroes?

JGoldman10

Reply Wed 4 May, 2011 09:46 am
Hi King, thank you for your link. What do your characters do? I clicked on their links-all I get is profile pics.
0 Replies

BeatOven

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 06:21 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'll be working on a comic book soon. I agree with you totally. Christian kids need some none new age mind corrupting, anti-christ heralding stuff to read...

NB: you americans can be very rude in forums. Its totally unnecessary!
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 07:29 pm
You will notice the last post in this thread before yours was two years ago. JGoldman self-destructs eventually in every forum he's been on online, including a2k (several times on a2k, as a matter of fact).
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 27 May, 2013 10:07 pm
I don't know how to help. Could you give me a touch more info? Are you trying to promote fictional Christian characters getting fictional powers from God as opposed to fictional characters (of uncertain religious persuasions ) getting fictional powers from fictional Super Board of Heroes? Is that the plan?

Speaking as a veteran of many years of parochial private schools, I'm not sure imbuing divine powers to fictional characters is entirely in line with Christian beliefs. I'm afraid you may run into difficulty with established Christian religions by presenting your cartoon heroes conferring with God, getting orders and special powers to do things. That's another stumbling block, having God give them special powers to go out and (then do what, conquer Gods enemy's).
Cristians believe God has all the power and doesn't need to dress characters in super hero costumes and run god missions.

If your idea is different than I suspect it is, you should flesh it out and try to enter the Super Hero Comic Book fantasy. Be mindful of Christian sensibilities, not everyone will understand what you are trying to do, and you must be respectful to people whose Christian beliefs will differ greatly regarding the appropriateness of fictional cartoon Christians getting fictional directions from theoretically 'God', some will call it blasphemous. Just saying. Think it through, don't just slap Christian on a project and expect it to become a religious awakening.

tsarstepan

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2020 12:05 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

The world needs Christian versions of groups like the A-Team:

http://www.israellycool.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/a-team.jpg

Let's remind people that JGoldman unironically recommended this idea to the world.
JGoldman10

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2020 04:47 pm
@glitterbag,
As you know there's no rule that says superheroes have to have physical superpowers; their special powers and abilities can be attributed to their costumes, weapons and/or conveyances.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 03:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
I think it needs Buddhist, Taoist, Shinto, and Zoroastriansuperheroes. How about Native American Church superheroes (they get their superpowers from chewing ;peyote butds or smoking weed).
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Fri 17 Jul, 2020 08:10 pm
@glitterbag,
I was thinking of Christian superheroes who got their physical superheroes from God, others who got superpowers that are attributed to costumes, weapons, and/or conveyances from God, and others that have both - physical superpowers and superpowers attributed to costumes, weapons and/or conveyances from God.
0 Replies